• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun with Magnezone

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Exactly what the title states! Since Steels are the only thing that stand in the way of Draco Meteors and Outrages, why not use Magnezone to eliminate those guys first?

462.gif

Magnezone@Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk., 4 Def.
Charge Beam
HP (Fire)
Substitute
Flash Cannon

The entire center of the team! Charge Beam gets at least Neutral damage on the majority of Steel types raises Sp. Atk and is STAB, and HP (Fire) gets the rest. Flash Cannon creams Ice Types and is also STAB. Substitute prevents people from beating Magnezone too quickly.

642.gif

Thundurus@Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Volt Switch
HP (Ice)/Focus Blast

My lead in most situations, Thundurus is just here to make things easier for the rest of 'em. TW cripples quite a few that would threaten my team, Taunt cripples quite a few others, HP (Ice) gets Dragons just in case my other guys fall. Volt Switch gets my opponent while switching out as quick as possible.

381.gif

Latios@Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Speed
Draco Meteor
Ice Beam
Surf/Psyshock/Energy Ball
Memento

Ah, Latios. Why they let you in the OU tier, I'll never know. Draco Meteor creams everything in the universe, now that Steels have been wiped from it. Ice Beam is just in case one of the many Ice weak Pokemon runs in front of him, and I want to keep sweeping. Surf for coverage, Psyshock gets Bliss and my namestake, Energy Ball gets Wash Rotom and Swampert. Memento opens the gate for others to set up and kill.

149.gif

Dragonite@Leftovers
Ability: Multi Scale
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk., 4 Sp. Def.
Dragon Dance
Roost
Dragon Claw
Brick Break/Fire Punch

I was fortunate enough to receive a female DW Dratini from coolminun. This guy is stupidly awesome, DD makes you crazily powerful and fast, Roost keeps Multiscale up, Dragon Claw is STAB and excellent coverage, and Brick Break/Fire Punch is just in case Magnezone fails.

534.gif

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Sp. Def
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Payback
Bulk Up

Conkeldurr. Stupid name, yet stupidly powerful. A priority user and my Defensive Pokemon. Drain Punch heals, Mach Punch always goes first, Payback gets good coverage, and Bulk Up makes everything stronger. Benefits from Latios' Memento.

632.gif

Durant@Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk., 252 Speed
X-Scissor
Iron Head
Crunch
Hone Claws/Thunder Wave

Dangerous, especially with Steels removed. 109 base Atk. + Hustle + Life Orb (and sometimes Hone Claws!) hurts. A lot. X-Scissor is just plain STAB, Iron Head is also STAB, but comes with a nifty flinching bonus. Crunch gets rid of a few annoying Pokemon (coughJellicentcoughChandelurecough), and Hone Claws + Hustle is more powerful and accurate than a single Swords Dance from somebody else. Thunder Wave is crazy useful.

Please rate!

Last edited:
Cool team u got here just a little editing and I see it going far but just a heads up u forgot the EVs on garchomp, conkeldurr, and lucario :)

Sircharles

Marijuantsome?
I think conkledurr should have a flame orb. Since it has guts it boost it attack. I mean... That plus bulk up is gnarly.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Thank you for your swift ratings! I have done the EVs, and Sircharles, remember that Conkeldurr is pretty much the only Pokemon I'm using that's prepared take repeated hits, and I'd like it to be quite prepared to heal from them. Besides, I can see quite a few Pokemon desiring to Will-O-Wisp Garchomp.

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Flame orb Conkeldurr is nt good. Use Bulk Up Conkeldurr and switch him in on a status move to get your guts, that way he doesnt have a limited time on the field, also if you are playing by smogon tiers Garchomp was just banned, maybe replace him with Dragonite? In addition Magnezone should have

Substitute
Charge Beam
HP [Fire]
Flash Cannon

Blackacer

~Artist~
I Dont think lucario is a good one i mean its weak against almost all common used type. Ground / fighting / psychic / fire and stuff.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
@redlongmagnet, I am using Bulk Up and Leftovers on Conkeldurr. ^And it doesn't matter how many weaknesses something has if it kills everything before they can even attack back.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Alright, I switched to Durant. I've a Max Speed one, which means he out speeds pretty much all the important threats. Max Speed Terrakion, all but Max Speed Thundurus/Lati@s, and he has super effective attacks on them.