• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funfest Missions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalosian

So long
Black 2 and White 2 had several minigames, one of them being the Funfest Missions which replaced the Entralink Missions from Black and White.

Discuss everything about them here. What did you think of the Funfest Missions? Which mission was your favorite? Did you complete them all? And everything else related to them.

Personally, I really liked them. They are one of my favorite minigames in the series together with the Musicals and Pokestar Studios. I had a lot of fun playing them. I like the variety of missions that existed, there were a lot of different things to do, including some things I had not expected to see in a Pokemon game. Getting various bonus items and Pass Orbs from them was a lot of fun too. One of my favorite Missions was "Find Shards!" because it allowed me to easily get shards for the Move Tutors in B2/W2. I really liked several others too, including a few unusual ones like "Find Lost Boys!" and "Rock-Paper-Scissors Competition!" because those felt so unexpected but were still fun to play.

I initially did the Funfest Missions to get my Entree Levels to 30 for both Black and White in order to get the Trainer Card upgrade but they ended up being so much fun that I continued with them after that as well. I also ended up completing all of the Funfest Missions in order to get the medal for doing that. The only thing I really feel that I missed out on from the Funfest Missions was to play them together with another real-life person, now I just used both of my own games and DS systems. Still, it was a lot of fun.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I did a few. They seemed very interesting in my opinion. Some are quite useful when it comes to finding items.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I had forgotten about these until seeing this thread. I remembered doing a few of them on my White 2 quite a while ago. I checked my game today to see which ones I did - looks like I did more than I thought, though there are still quite a few missions I haven't completed.

Anyway, I remember having fun doing the missions that I completed. The "Find Shards!" one, which I played a couple times today, is definitely a favourite of mine. I really like how missions like that one let you obtain useful items as you go around exploring various places around the region.

I think I should've spent more time doing the Funfest Missions, especially on my White 2. I used the Entralink a couple of times in the first games, but wasn't a big fan of it, so I didn't pay much attention to it in B2W2 until the games had been out for a while and I'd already done a lot on the games. Had I tried the missions sooner, I would've had a much easier time getting shards and other items.

I might try to complete some more missions on my White 2 in the future, though. It would give me a new reason to continue playing that game.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I did try a few Funfest Missions on my White 2 ages ago, tho I didn't like them much. The only ones that I completed were the fishing competition, shard finding, finding Audino and rustling grass missions I think. ^^;

Aquarelle

Staff member
Over the last two weeks or so, I've completed several Funfest Missions for the first time on my White 2. I have been enjoying how some of the missions make you do tasks or go to places that you normally wouldn't that often. For instance, take the missions about ringing the bell atop Celestial Tower. I rarely visit the top of the tower, and actually completely forgot about the bell up there, so I liked how those missions gave me an excuse to go back.

I still have many missions to do iirc, though I'm sure Find Shards! (and other finding items missions) will remain my favourite. Like I said in my previous post, I *really* should have spent more time doing those free item missions lol.

Kalosian

So long
I have been enjoying how some of the missions make you do tasks or go to places that you normally wouldn't that often. For instance, take the missions about ringing the bell atop Celestial Tower. I rarely visit the top of the tower, and actually completely forgot about the bell up there, so I liked how those missions gave me an excuse to go back.
I feel the same. I also like how the Funfest Missions make you do unusual things. Ringing the bell on the Celestial Tower isn't one of those for me though as I occasionally went there to ring it if I was in the nearby areas. But other things like playing rock-paper-scissors, helping lost boys or doing memory tests was rather unusual for me. Doing these unusual things in the Funfest Missions is one of the reasons as for why they are one of my favorite minigames.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I feel the same. I also like how the Funfest Missions make you do unusual things. Ringing the bell on the Celestial Tower isn't one of those for me though as I occasionally went there to ring it if I was in the nearby areas. But other things like playing rock-paper-scissors, helping lost boys or doing memory tests was rather unusual for me. Doing these unusual things in the Funfest Missions is one of the reasons as for why they are one of my favorite minigames.
Yeah, I also liked how some of the missions allowed you to do unusual or different things. I remember doing the rock-paper-scissors one and thinking it was an interesting choice for a mission. Then, there were some normal game features that I didn't do too often on my own, such as finding Pokemon in shaking grass patches, so I liked how some missions made me try those things (sometimes).

Anyway, I completed all the missions on my White 2 on lv. 1 last night, and got the Funfest Complete medal. Glad I got that accomplished!

I also completed the special Meloetta-unlocked mission, which I didn't even know about until looking at the page linked in the OP. Looking at the other special event missions, it would've been nice if they were released outside Japan (or at all, in a few cases). I think I would have loved the one about finding rare berries and the quiz ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.