• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funimation fires Vic Mignogna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I personally don't care about Vic despite liking most of his roles. I've heard stories from across both aisles about him for years, but if he really and truly is a known creep and is a huge pain in the ass to work with in the professional field, Funimation would've canned him a long time ago. Supposedly his peers have stories to tell about him, but they won't say anything publicly because they'd get blacklisted or something which confuses the hell out of me. I honestly doubt he's such a golden goose in the voice-acting industry that they'd go down the Hollywood route (despite no voice actor becoming as filthy rich as Hollywood actors) and sweep it all under the rug while also threatening his peers' livelihoods. He's not the Harvey Weinstein of voice-acting, not by a long shot.

Worst accusation I've ever heard about him is that he's homophobic for turning down a fangirl's yaoi fan-art because it made him uncomfortable, which I think is just silly to pin on him. Not sure what that whole thing about his mother sending fangirls after people to harass them, but he was in a damned if he do, damned if he don't situation about giving a statement about the whole thing, and it reads sensibly enough.

So I'd rather wait for Funimation's statement because they're going to be the ones to make the final call. I saw Sean Schemmel was retweeting posts from the hashtag, but this is the same guy who temporarily got a voice actor banned from a panel just because he was another Goku from another dub. He thinks he has so much influence and protection because he's motherfucking Son Goku, he might as well stop hiding behind his keyboard/phone and actually speak up about it if he has an issue with Vic.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Come on Vic, people told you to knock this s*** a decade ago. Especially when it came to teenagers.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Update on the cosplayer #MeToo: voice actor Todd Haberkorn has given his statement to disprove her allegations.
https://www.facebook.com/todd.haberkorn.75/posts/10217214343366123

321b420e7544a55e94bc8424c162d6d7d69c88e8.png
78cb49e1a57adb49a56209a93928eec1ae44bc48.png

274b10fa2d54809775b761bc8536540639452c5b.jpg
fd9973ef33d35764c873f24c6bda96be5fa50fb9.jpg
40bf33ef767ea5e6386980cbf7237d51b715b857.jpg

5d501b803dd7963de71942e19de86d58912ec397.jpg

c312fa6bb9b48d4d12be3e0495c18c40174705a5.jpg

Funny how quickly and how far the #MeToo movement has fallen to prove it was just another fresh coat of paint on an ongoing problem.

Oh well. Can't complain when it comes to schadenfreude.
3t63g.gif

EDIT: Just found more of the shitshow.
https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/1091106085006524416

And a week before the cosplayer posted her story, an anonymous Tumblr post showed up (archive link): https://archive.li/ttQzc
EDIT 2: And the cosplayer's replied.
https://www.facebook.com/jessie.pridemore/posts/10156858655582159
25e4704f32b5f18430eee8d99e03329cd8b1cec1.png

Just keep stirring that pot some more, you two.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Sorry to double-post, but I keep finding new things about this shitshow. Now I don't know who the Anime Outsiders are, I keep getting different answers but apparently they're not all that liked in the anime community (or at least the AniTube) and have said some pretty stupid things before, so their opinions aren't fact. They're also on the "Vic is innocent" train, so there's bias going on. But I came across this (lottsa spoiler tags, sorry, needed to put images somewhere):
13d8ac437209c46c621a33dcf11819bffe45b02c.png

9703af4f02fb284af82ba282e8256363081e4570.jpg

which led me to this tweet they had reblogged:
5e31357d0da57894cf1377c6a05c3d5db505b6bc.png

I looked around, and as it turns out sometime last month or so AnimeNewsNetwork had made a list of accused (keyword here imo) sexual offenders in the anime community right around the time this Hazukari person, who used to work for them, got removed from their line-up after he was accused of being a rapist according to ANN's CEO:
https://twitter.com/ann_ed/status/1085644442906718209
9974cf46a6b31f8835e9b61778328c87ecb510d4.png
Searching up "Dylan Hazukari" gives you some threads about people mentioning him being a rapist. But Anime Outsiders is saying he's a pedophile and grooming underaged boys--which I've heard through the grapevine was him creeping on young transpeople (which is interesting given he's actually said this to a transwoman). I can't find the list, though, since they took it down rather quickly, but apparently there were some big names on it.

Justin Sevakis, a writer for ANN, mentions the list and said he was wrongfully put on it because he has a beef with the woman who put it together (you can read the letter in the link):
https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/status/1085944303463985152
6d2be7ea57ad5b05e0d3d0bb89f679bd81c53c3d.png

Tried looking up Emma Bowers, but, well...
8a38e6b62f00b2717c6ac88dd3bcb03ec1d254b4.png

I did find a podcast she may have been on (but I don't know where to access this episode, guess it's Patreon only?) and also found an interview. It was pretty generic, but then she said this at the end which made me go wtf:
31b82e51ecbcd871597a499ddb1464e0ed263e77.png

So anyway, yeah. That's the rabbit hole I found myself in.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I agree, I don't feel anything for it except suspicion. Now there's no real confirmation yet he's been let go from Funimation, but my feeling is that if Funimation knew all along about Vic's behavior (honestly, stories on Twitter and other places about him without photographic and video evidence shouldn't immediately mean he's guilty), why did they keep him for all these years? If they were always serious about protecting their public image, this should've been taken care of a long time ago. Now it just looks bad on their part because they were holding on to a known creeper.

Meanwhile, Funimation's still paying royalties to an actual pedophile, but let's #KickVic instead because he gave someone too-hard a squeeze and kissed their cheek when they were a fan of him at age 14 and they decided to regret it ten years later. Or so Anime News Network were claiming when they used fan pictures as "evidence" without the consent of the girls in those pictures.

Currently, Vic's consulting a lawyer about how to handle this.
32326a3f6d4bd48d980b85252e41c68e8eed0992.jpg

Also found that there was a group who were talking about tampering with pictures to present them as evidence.
997a762977a6acf70dff6d0a22f6aa082bf9718d.png

ddb2446ce33b356d368ffa3fbdd15c2a8e296694.jpg

796563f992d287c8801697d96c06ab4b4ba69fda.jpg

014444b41a393fb0cc8ef25b8b82199e9eec8417.jpg

Have some bonus Tweets.
Monica Rial is one of the ones who's vocal about this, and she claims Vic harassed her years ago but when confronted about it, she forgave him and they remained friends.
5269dbdb1f3b94285de670123ab4464fe94d168d.jpg

3ac7d4f3de39a4211326e9953d826baca2efc846.jpg

217863e8079aacf1b42c194146fb0ba725dd6913.jpg

4adace7c31f8096619b96b4841e197ae418c0d11.png

The situation is just shitty all around.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
While I’m not saying all allegations of sexual harassment and assault aren’t true I think there is a possibility of some women and so called victims to use the Me Too movement to ruin the life of someone who wronged them in some other way or because they don’t like them. I don’t take sides unless there is plenty of evidence.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

What did she think was going to happen? Good lord.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty, Funimation? My heart honestly breaks for Vic, this is one crappy situation. There is not one shroud of evidence to back up these claims and a hug or a kiss on the cheek/forehead is not sexual assault.

You’re seriously going to fire this man and label him as a rapist over this? I mean, really?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Innocent until proven guilty applies in a criminal case, this is not that. Secondly, witness testimonies also count as evidence and shouldn't be discredited so easily. Especially not in such large numbers. There is no reason why so many people would independently and over many years make up stories out of nothing, just to discredit someone innocent. Fake accusations are already relatively rare compared to true accusations (because there is no reason to fake one, there is nothing to gain from it and everything to lose). Fake accusations in such large independent numbers towards the same person are a statistical impossibility. It is also in Funimation's best interest to keep its working environment safe for its employees. Who wants to work at a place where you can't feel safe because sexual assaulters have essentially free reign?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
You can't take some of these people seriously when some of them can't tell the difference between sexual assault, and just being uncomfortable. If you were just uncomfortable this whole time then you should have approached the right people and get Vic a good warning.

You waited a whole decadeish for this far left social justice era to dominate the country and initiate these stupid witch hunts to ruin these innocent people you don't like. And that whole thing with Monica Rial is disgraceful.

It's sad these young people are so brainwashed by the leftist social media propaganda that's totally cool with drag queen children and forcing transgenerism on 6 years olds, but cries rape over f****** handshakes.

Yes. Maybe Vic shouldn't be kissing underage girls on the neck like it's the 90's, but he meant no harm in it and you all know it.

I'm so done.
But people also lie about things all the time. Some of the accusers may have a grudge against Vic. That’s always aa possibility.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Innocent until proven guilty applies in a criminal case, this is not that. Secondly, witness testimonies also count as evidence and shouldn't be discredited so easily. Especially not in such large numbers. There is no reason why so many people would independently and over many years make up stories out of nothing, just to discredit someone innocent. Fake accusations are already relatively rare compared to true accusations (because there is no reason to fake one, there is nothing to gain from it and everything to lose). Fake accusations in such large independent numbers towards the same person are a statistical impossibility. It is also in Funimation's best interest to keep its working environment safe for its employees. Who wants to work at a place where you can't feel safe because sexual assaulters have essentially free reign?
This is a criminal case considering that the charges are assault. So, innocent until proven guilty applies. And there is no such thing as "statistical impossibility", only "improbability".

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
This is a criminal case considering that the charges are assault. So, innocent until proven guilty applies. And there is no such thing as "statistical impossibility", only "improbability".
This thread is about him losing his job. That is separate from a criminal trial. When I say statistical impossibility I mean obviously that it is so improbable to be neglectable and can be considered an impossibility beyond any reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

I know this isn't very surprising with them being very left leaning these days, but what a s***show this has become.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You can't take some of these people seriously when some of them can't tell the difference between sexual assault, and just being uncomfortable. If you were just uncomfortable this whole time then you should have approached the right people and get Vic a good warning.

You waited a whole decadeish for this far left social justice era to dominate the country and initiate these stupid witch hunts to ruin these innocent people you don't like. And that whole thing with Monica Rial is disgraceful.

It's sad these young people are so brainwashed by the leftist social media propaganda that's totally cool with drag queen children and forcing transgenerism on 6 years olds, but cries rape over f****** handshakes.

Yes. Maybe Vic shouldn't be kissing underage girls on the neck like it's the 90's, but he meant no harm in it and you all know it.

I'm so done.
Please try to reevaluate your morality. You're trying to justify attempts at paedophilia with "he meant no harm". Do you even realise how messed up that is? Intent isn't the only thing that makes an action right or wrong.

Seriously, your entire post reeks of ridiculous conspiracy theories that make no sense. Seriously, what is the end goal of ruining the lives of presumably innocent people? And all those women just happen to pick the same method and happen to target the same person, even though false accusations are incredibly rare?

The allegations are a lot more severe than handshakes, get your facts straight. And that conspiracy theory about forcing six-year-olds to become transgender is just ridiculous on the level of flat-earth society, not to mention that it has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever.

Rial received death threats over this and she was also one of his victims. She's not 'playing a victim', she is an actual victim in this story.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Please try to reevaluate your morality. You're trying to justify attempts at paedophilia with "he meant no harm". Do you even realise how messed up that is? Intent isn't the only thing that makes an action right or wrong.

Seriously, your entire post reeks of ridiculous conspiracy theories that make no sense. Seriously, what is the end goal of ruining the lives of presumably innocent people? And all those women just happen to pick the same method and happen to target the same person, even though false accusations are incredibly rare?

The allegations are a lot more severe than handshakes, get your facts straight. And that conspiracy theory about forcing six-year-olds to become transgender is just ridiculous on the level of flat-earth society, not to mention that it has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever.

Rial received death threats over this and she was also one of his victims. She's not 'playing a victim', she is an actual victim in this story.

You can't be serious.

Where is the conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.