• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funniest Lines In the Anime

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I like the parts where the dub breaks the fourth wall. The first episode of the Pyramid two-parter in BR for example (even if the dub at that time was super crappy).
What's BR?

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Here are some lines I like that haven't been posted yet.

Meowth: My nose feels like it's on fire!
Jessie: Meowth, you don't have a nose.
Meowth: Wha? My nose! What happened? (Something goes here about his nose melting off his face. I couldn't understand him and I don't have the captions.) Oh. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. The cartoonist never gave me a nose.

This one I find funny for a different reason, which is that it's an error.
Officer Jenny: Look, that's Team Rocket's balloon. They must be up to no good. Arcanine, Flamethrower!
Growlithe: Aaarrrrrrrr! (Yes, this was NOT an Arcanine)

I also liked an error where Brock gets type match-ups wrong, but I'm not sure if that's funny enough to share.
I'm also probably forgetting some other lines I thought were funny.

Genaller

Silver Soul
This one I find funny for a different reason, which is that it's an error.
Officer Jenny: Look, that's Team Rocket's balloon. They must be up to no good. Arcanine, Flamethrower!
Growlithe: Aaarrrrrrrr! (Yes, this was NOT an Arcanine)
Hey now; who said that Officer Jenny can’t nickname her Growlithe “Arcanine”!?

I also liked an error where Brock gets type match-ups wrong, but I'm not sure if that's funny enough to share.
I'm also probably forgetting some other lines I thought were funny.

“Ash’s remaining Pokémon are water types and they’re weak against fire types” xD. I think he meant to say electric there since Eletobuzz was the opponent at the time.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Ash’s remaining Pokémon are water types and they’re weak against fire types” xD. I think he meant to say electric there since Eletobuzz was the opponent at the time.

Hey now that wasn't wrong ash greninja did lose to M charizard x, brock just foreshadowed ash's loss in the KL finals to alain 14 years in advance.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Hey now that wasn't wrong ash greninja did lose to M charizard x, brock just foreshadowed ash's loss in the KL finals to alain 14 years in advance.
LMAO I’m pretty sure if anything it was foreshadowing Ash’s Charizard beating Gary’s Blastoise 3 episodes later :p.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I have to say OS ash and TR are the ones who have most memorable quotes as well as most funny moments in the anime, could be the reason they are still surviving while others have left the show.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Beheeyem!Meowth: I'm afraid idiots are hard to hypnotize.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Rice balls translated in different types of food namely Jelly Filled Doughnuts, Popcorn Balls, Cookies etc

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I would say the funniest line would be TR "We are blasting off again"

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
What about the dub version of the scene where Gary digs up his first fossil (in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon) and upon finding out what it is from an older person, he and his cheerleaders react in disgust?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Jessie: And then Dunsparce used Glare.
Meowth (Dressed as Dunsparce): Glare!
Jessie: But it didn’t affect Moltres. Moltres then used its Sky Attack!
James (Dressed as Moltres whispering): But Jessie, I don’t even know what a Sky Attack looks like!
Jessie: Oh just do anything!
James (Throwing a screaming Meowth into the air): Sky Attack!