• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funniest Lines In the Anime

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Title is self explanatory, I’ll start.

Misty: BUGS ARE ONE OF THE THREE MOST DISGUSTING THINGS IN THE WORLD!!
Ash: Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?

———————-

Gary’s fan girls: I can’t believe Gary lost!
Misty: Why are you making such a big deal over one lost battle? If I cried every time Ash lost, I’d be water logged!

————————

Radio Host: Ash could you tell us a little about yourself?
Ash: Yes my name is Pallet Town and I’m from Ketchum!
Host: I think you have it a little backwards Ash..
Ash: No this is Ash and I’m Pikachu!
Professor Oak: Television couldn’t kill radio but maybe Ash will..

———————-

Ash: So this is the way to Saffron City, huh Misty!? I knew we shouldn’t have listened to you. Now we’ll never get out of here!
Misty: As if! Your sense of direction is so bad you couldn’t find yourself in the mirror!
Ash: You crack mirrors!

———————

Ash: I’m going to find a Pokémon fosses before Gary even starts digging, that’ll show him who the real loser is!
Brock: I don’t feel right about digging up a Pokémon fossil especially after they’ve been resting in the earth for such a long time.
Misty: If they’ve been lying under the ground for thousands of years, maybe they’d like a little fresh air?
Ash: I think it’s your brain that needs fresh air.

——————-

*Joe shows Ash, Misty, and Brock a picture of Giselle
Misty: It’s a girl??
Ash: Ooh, yeah you’re right about that!
Brock: She can violate my rights!
Misty: Hey! If she’s making your life so miserable why are you carrying around a picture of her??
Joe: I hate the way she treats us but I like the way she looks.
Ash: Yeah not like some other girls who treat you bad and look even worse.

That’s all I got for now, but as you can tell I love all of the Ash/Misty roast moments. I’ll Probably post more funny lines later.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
What about the one where Ash says we all can't be hallucinating misty?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
What about the one where Ash says we all can't be hallucinating misty?

I’m not sure what the exact words were but I think it was something like this..
*Brock sees a pretty girl
Ash: What are you talking about Brock? I don’t see any beautiful girls..
Misty: Just turn around
Ash: Misty, we can’t all hallucinate at once.

Ash truly was a savage in OS lol.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
LOL OS's redeeming qualities to me is it's humor. SM tries to be funny and utterly flops and flails with it sometimes. It's better if you don't try hard on humor and instead go with your usual persona and stuff like that

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Another one..(I know the jap line is Misty calling herself cute and Ash sarcastically agreeing but the dub line is way funnier so I’m including it anyway)

Misty: I’m going to be on posters one day, when I become a famous movie star.
Ash: Yeah, maybe in horror movies.

———-

Ash: C’mon Misty let’s go, we’re waiting on your direction.
Misty: Don’t rush me Ash! I just have to think.
Ash: Well this is going to be a brand new experience for you.

Can the writers please bring back savage Ash

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Pretty much OS Ash was full on savage.
Aside from that james in that johto filler I am a flying moltress.

DatsRight

LOL OS's redeeming qualities to me is it's humor. SM tries to be funny and utterly flops and flails with it sometimes. It's better if you don't try hard on humor and instead go with your usual persona and stuff like that

In fairness a lot of the OS's snark was improvised for the dub. TPCi these days just shove in bad puns and 'radical' quotes, sometimes even over the good lines the original Japanese edit has.

Pretty much OS Ash was full on savage.
Aside from that james in that johto filler I am a flying moltress.

For the full quote:

"I AM THE FLAME THAT BURNS BRIGHTEST! A FLAME THAT LIGHTS THE NIGHT! A FLAME THAT SHATTERS THE DARKNESS! I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES! MWAH HA HA HAAA!!!"

"That outfit...where'd he get it?"
"I think that costume came right out of his closet."

One of the show's most oddly satirical lines from Meowth over Jessie's usual tyrannical self:

"If that's democracy then I'm going republic!!!"

TR recovering being attacked by Spinda:

"Why did you confuse us? We're already confused!"

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Summary of thread: OS dub >>>>>> OS original

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
More like: Early 4Kids >>>>>> Modern TPCi.
Nope, that's not what I'm getting at at all. I'm talking about the OS dub and OS original.

DatsRight

Nope, that's not what I'm getting at at all. I'm talking about the OS dub and OS original.

I think the thing is that often the Japanese edit has simpler humour (or stuff that doesn't translate well) but funnier more enthusiastic voice acting. You can make a lot of basic lines funny just by good execution or hamming it up enough. (Lana in Sophocles' dream saying "Mamane I hate you." not that funny alone. Saying it with THAT voice and THAT expression is EXTREMELY funny).

The dub's voice acting is way more stilted, but early on at least compensated with good sarcasm and wit, hence when the scripts dumbed down, people started considering the dub a serious downgrade from the original.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Excuse me, but I believe we've forgotten one classic line:

"But where will we get work without any experience or knowldege?"
"I know! We can be TV executives!"

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lana: "You can even catch Kyogre!"