1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Funniest Pokémon Anime Series!

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Genaller, Aug 3, 2018.

?

Which series is the funniest?

1. OS: Kanto/OI

63.4%
  2. OS: Johto

2.4%
  3. AG

4.9%
  4. DP

2.4%
  5. BW

4.9%
  6. XY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SM

22.0%
  1. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

Bascially which series had the best sense of humor and made you lol the most. My vote goes to OS Kanto/OI due to the witty character banter (primarily between Ash, Misty and Brock though others like Gary and TRio were also pretty hilarious at times) and even some of the battle solutions (e.g. Muk splattering Bellsprout) as well as Pokémon in general (Ash’s Snorlax being a force of nature in the OI days).

2. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

3. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

OS by miles lol

4. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Gold Experience

OS Kanto and it's not even a competition. Misty, Ash and Brock, Team Rocket and Gary were really hilarious. And the best part was how it's comedy was mostly witty banter and exchanges between the characters, such as roasting, and "savage comebacks". It relied on minimal slapstick (and even the occasional slapstick moments in OS were funny as well, such as Brock getting dragged away, Brock punching Misty’s head in the Bulbasaur episode, Ash bumping into the imaginary walls in Koga's gym, etc).

PorcelainVulpix and Genaller like this.
  5. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

SUN and MOON as of now

6. NPT

NPT Just a member

In terms of comedy, OS (Kanto) beats SM by a long shot.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Twilight-Kun likes this.
  7. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Standby for Battle!

Kanto/OI is literally the only time when I'd be willing to watch every episode through without skipping .The COTDs were the most entertaining and authentic including Ash and his companions Brock and Misty,they had the best chemistry with each other here.It's kinda ironic considering Kanto was lacking in good battles and all the series that followed I'd only watch for the rival battles,gym battles,league battles,and AG contests.

PorcelainVulpix and Genaller like this.
  8. keepitsimple

keepitsimple That is very silly

I can tell the results of this poll are going to be really close. lmao

But yeah OS for me as well

9. Genaller

It’s refreshing when forum consensus is this strong instead of being divisive like it usually is :).

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  10. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Gold Experience

Lol yeah, shows the dominance of Kanto's humour over other series. Truthfully, I expected a little more votes for AG, since I thought that was the second funniest series.

11. Genaller

Yeah AG was honestly a pretty good balance between funny moments and serious battles.

12. satopi

satopi Go’s Scyther is indestriketible! <3

I went with SM but OS had some really funny moments! BW was fun to make fun of and had some hilarious moments in the saga.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  13. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

SM is more slapstick comedy, OS was comical but it also had some silly comedy IMO AG had the best of comedy with no slapstick moments.

14. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Funny that I just got done watching the episode where Ash catches Muk and I actually had to pause it when I had a laughing fit

Genaller likes this.
  15. Power Up

Power Up ...

SM is fake comedy. Slapstick comedy died out ages ago. And SM doesn't even do it well.

OS by miles tho.

Ignition, SH65, Zoruagible and 4 others like this.
  16. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

OS most funniest from classic seasons. Local humour can be sometimes too much, but - t's okay. Because - it's beginning for Ash and whole anime, young and totally fun. Like Classic Sonic era. Next series have more balance with humour and development for Ash and anime, and became more serious. Of corse - in XY have sometimes lack of humour, but with development anime have good balance. Which SM don't. Humor is not even there for children, but for aesthetes.

Genaller and 345ash-greninja like this.
  17. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

OS. Kanto since I can't vote for both of them.

Nothing can replace 4Kids sense of humor.

There's "The Ghost of Maidens Peak", with the OP Gastly, "Holy Matrimony" and James' story that ends in his death, and the Duplica episode with the twerps mocking the motto and infuriating TRio.

PorcelainVulpix and keepitsimple like this.
  18. keepitsimple

keepitsimple That is very silly

I'm sure those jokes existed in the original japanese version though? i doubt 4kids came up with those gags

Holy matrimony is probably one of my favourite episodes of all time though

19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

OS Kanto/OI
    Those episodes still hold up, and the OS is really the only series where you should watch every episode. They're all great fillers and Muk's capture still gets me every time. As does Jessie's "Live! L-I-V-E!" *cue Brock cowering in corner, mumbling about Ivy*

20. xEryChan

xEryChan The Navigatior Staff Member Moderator

I’m probaby in the minority who think SM is the funniest saga by far. I can’t recall watching any episodes of OS-XY that has had me cracking up as much as the SM series has. I enjoy the slapstick humor of SM.

Obviously, OS did have some really comedic moments but, to me, they were nowhere as funny as some of the SM episodes.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.