• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funniest Pokémon Anime Series!

Which series is the funniest?

• Total voters

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Imo OS —> SM —> the rest

I can’t recall a number of OS episodes but I do remember things like a real mongoose and Primeape constantly beating up Ash (before he got caught) that made me laugh a lot.

SM however does have its moments too such as the Detective Rotom episode. That alone established Kiawe as my favorite SM character thus far lol

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm sure those jokes existed in the original japanese version though? i doubt 4kids came up with those gags

Holy matrimony is probably one of my favourite episodes of all time though

"Donuts are great! Jelly - filled are my favorite. Nothing beats a jelly - filled donut!"

That's not in the original, I can guarantee you that.

Aquafinna

I'm sure those jokes existed in the original japanese version though? i doubt 4kids came up with those gags

Holy matrimony is probably one of my favourite episodes of all time though
4Kids didn’t create the gags by themselves but they added/modified a lot of dialogue and “Americanized” Pokémon heavily.

BW is after OS for me. That’s only because I found Iris, Georgia and Burgendy extremely funny at times.

keepitsimple

site of lies
4Kids didn’t create the gags by themselves but they added/modified a lot of dialogue and “Americanized” Pokémon heavily.
I'm aware of that .-. I was referring to the gags that Mist mentioned aside from the donut one

Last edited:

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Rewatching the OS episodes made me realize how much I miss it and why the series was such a hit when it first came out. I don't mind the slapstick comedy in SM, but I find the original saga to be way funnier because of all of the sarcasm. The interactions between the characters are priceless and felt realistic yet hilarious. I wish the writers could make a saga as funny as the OS again without making Ash regress. Also would love another group dynamic like Ash/Misty/Brock. After all these years, there’s not another trio that compares to the original trio’s dynamics and I truly believe it has a lot to do with how funny they were.

Denko Sekka

OS was funny, well mostly the first 80 episodes or so. It genuinely made me laugh out loud since the gags were clever, unlike SuMo which tries too hard and has turned the show into the personification of Tourette syndrome.

TomRC121991

My funniest episode was Pacifidlog Jam.
When Jessie gets cheating and put an X on the face board.
"This performance is declared illegal!"

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My funniest episode was Pacifidlog Jam.
When Jessie gets cheating and put an X on the face board.
"This performance is declared illegal!"
This thread is about the funniest series though, not the funniest episode.

Xuxuba

OS kanto. I just love the dark humour (remember when they threw a kid out of a plane?) and the witty comments the main characters used to make.

In fact, i honestly believe that one of the reasons OS made so much success was it's humour. It just wasn't that common for a kids show and it really stood out.

Meanwhile, i think SM's comedy relies too much on "funny" faces which i suppose it is more fun for toddles (although there are a few adults and older kids who like it too). Me? I would much rather have the witty dialogue. IMO, comedy that relies too much on funny faces doesn't leave much space for originality.

Last edited: