• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funniest Pokémon Anime Series!

Which series is the funniest?

• Total voters

Genaller

Silver Soul
Bascially which series had the best sense of humor and made you lol the most. My vote goes to OS Kanto/OI due to the witty character banter (primarily between Ash, Misty and Brock though others like Gary and TRio were also pretty hilarious at times) and even some of the battle solutions (e.g. Muk splattering Bellsprout) as well as Pokémon in general (Ash’s Snorlax being a force of nature in the OI days).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
OS Kanto and it's not even a competition. Misty, Ash and Brock, Team Rocket and Gary were really hilarious. And the best part was how it's comedy was mostly witty banter and exchanges between the characters, such as roasting, and "savage comebacks". It relied on minimal slapstick (and even the occasional slapstick moments in OS were funny as well, such as Brock getting dragged away, Brock punching Misty’s head in the Bulbasaur episode, Ash bumping into the imaginary walls in Koga's gym, etc).

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Kanto/OI is literally the only time when I'd be willing to watch every episode through without skipping .The COTDs were the most entertaining and authentic including Ash and his companions Brock and Misty,they had the best chemistry with each other here.It's kinda ironic considering Kanto was lacking in good battles and all the series that followed I'd only watch for the rival battles,gym battles,league battles,and AG contests.

keepitsimple

site of lies
I can tell the results of this poll are going to be really close. lmao

But yeah OS for me as well

Genaller

Silver Soul
I can tell the results of this poll are going to be really close. lmao

But yeah OS for me as well
It’s refreshing when forum consensus is this strong instead of being divisive like it usually is :).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It’s refreshing when forum consensus is this strong instead of being divisive like it usually is :).

Lol yeah, shows the dominance of Kanto's humour over other series. Truthfully, I expected a little more votes for AG, since I thought that was the second funniest series.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Lol yeah, shows the dominance of Kanto's humour over other series. Truthfully, I expected a little more votes for AG, since I thought that was the second funniest series.
Yeah AG was honestly a pretty good balance between funny moments and serious battles.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I went with SM but OS had some really funny moments! BW was fun to make fun of and had some hilarious moments in the saga.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
SM is more slapstick comedy, OS was comical but it also had some silly comedy IMO AG had the best of comedy with no slapstick moments.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Funny that I just got done watching the episode where Ash catches Muk and I actually had to pause it when I had a laughing fit

Ashton Ketchum

OS most funniest from classic seasons. Local humour can be sometimes too much, but - t's okay. Because - it's beginning for Ash and whole anime, young and totally fun. Like Classic Sonic era. Next series have more balance with humour and development for Ash and anime, and became more serious. Of corse - in XY have sometimes lack of humour, but with development anime have good balance. Which SM don't. Humor is not even there for children, but for aesthetes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
OS. Kanto since I can't vote for both of them.

Nothing can replace 4Kids sense of humor.

There's "The Ghost of Maidens Peak", with the OP Gastly, "Holy Matrimony" and James' story that ends in his death, and the Duplica episode with the twerps mocking the motto and infuriating TRio.

keepitsimple

site of lies
OS. Kanto since I can't vote for both of them.

Nothing can replace 4Kids sense of humor.

There's "The Ghost of Maidens Peak", with the OP Gastly, "Holy Matrimony" and James' story that ends in his death, and the Duplica episode with the twerps mocking the motto and infuriating TRio.
I'm sure those jokes existed in the original japanese version though? i doubt 4kids came up with those gags

Holy matrimony is probably one of my favourite episodes of all time though

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
OS Kanto/OI
Those episodes still hold up, and the OS is really the only series where you should watch every episode. They're all great fillers and Muk's capture still gets me every time. As does Jessie's "Live! L-I-V-E!" *cue Brock cowering in corner, mumbling about Ivy*

xEryChan

Demon Child
I’m probaby in the minority who think SM is the funniest saga by far. I can’t recall watching any episodes of OS-XY that has had me cracking up as much as the SM series has. I enjoy the slapstick humor of SM.

Obviously, OS did have some really comedic moments but, to me, they were nowhere as funny as some of the SM episodes.