• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny Coincedences

nashie1

shiny

saying to a friend how i would never catch a shiny. And i quote:

"I will never ever..." then i found one. Unfortunately i was out of pokeballs cos i wasnt actively looking for pokemon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once in the battle frontier, I was in the Battle Arena and my opponent was down to their last pokemon. In my head, I thought that he/she would send out a Chansey next, and sure enough, they did! o_O

Then last week, I was slaughtering wild Whismur with my Meowth because I was trying to find an earthquake TM. It was taking forever, (I had been searching for five days already) and I said, "I bet I'll find a shiny Whismur before I find the damn TM!" Then, not too long after that, a shiny pops up, and I caught it! My first shiny in nearly two years...

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
When I was ev training in speed, I thought: I bet I might find a shiny zubat, a few more minutes I found one, it is now a crobat.

Hmm... both of these involve Latias, just different versions... *Hopes that the "funny" in the topic can be either funny "weird" or funny "ha ha", cause these are more of weird*

Once, when looking for Kyogre in Emerald, I was like, five steps away from its little cave, and... BLAMMO! Wild Latias appeared! *Uses master Ball due to the annoying fact it runs*

In Ruby, on the Southern Islands, I was trying to weaken Latias, but it kept using Recover... I was like, "Screw this", so I just started throwing Ultraballs *Has 24, forgot to buy more* It broke out of every single one of them... and other than Ultraballs, all I had were two Pokeballs. I threw one of them, and then like, showed this girl I knew sitting right next to me, was like, "Watch this!", and... shake/shake/shake/BAM! Latias obtained by the first Pokeball I threw

Poseidon

Hoshi No Kabii
I was trying to capture a Raquaza and I hardly succeeded. My brother comes by me and says that it is better if you shake the GBA really hard to capture it. So I thought Okay! Then when I did shake it like crazy, I caught it.

~Poseidon~

I always expect them to freeze/OHKO me in the Hax... I mean, Battle Frontier. I also expect my attracted/confused/paralyzed Pokémon to not do anything all the time. It usually happens. :)

Jupetta

All three of my Shiny Pokémon are Poison-type, and female... but I suppose that this is different than the rest of yours's cooincedences.

~;354;

Often I think of a PKMN in the BF and usually one of them or their evolutions come into battle. :p

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
One afternoon, I was training my Sailor Moon team on Silver to take on Ash/Red, and not really thinking about finding a Shiny...but I thought, "I wish I had a Shiny..."

Two seconds later, Shiny Ponyta popped up...I got it, and named it Epona.

Freakshow

Jibaku
When I was battling Greevil's Shadow pokemons, I hoped that all of his legends were -Atk. When I caught them all, lowered their heart gauge, Moltres and Zapdos were Timid, and Articuno was Bold! My Lugia was Timid also, although I just used the IV calculator for this

Stephy

candies!!!11
I can predict whether my Pokemon can hit the opponent and if I'm going to catch that Pokemon.

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
My most awesome prediction was during chasing Mew around on Faraway Island. "Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out shiny?"
....And it was. *hugs shiny Mew*

My most annoying prediction, however, was during the Battle Pyramid. I had all the other Gold Symbols, and only needed to fight Brandon to finally earn the Gold Trainer's Card. "I bet anything my pokemon are going to all finally faint," I thought on the 70th floor, trying to find the dratted exit...and I did. >.> I had to do the whole thing over again.
-Pink Parka Girl ;025;

E

Evanji Axu

At the Battle Dome, there's Battle Girl Kelly. And Kelly happens to be the name od my twin sister.

And at least twice the final match has been Liz vs. Kelly...LIEK ZOMG SIBLING RIVALRY

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Whenever I lose to a gymleader and I battle it for the second time, I always end up on my last pokemon versus the leader's last pokemon. Both our hp are low and on the next attack I'll win. I always get a thought of my attack missing, and it does and I end up losing.

And when ever I'm at the battle frontier in the battle factory, my seventh opponent is always expert selphy. I always seem to lose to her.

Manipulon

I predicted my first Metronome on Silver. It was a Sacred Fire. Togepi owned the Bellsprout.

Aipomobsessor

Trop lover
I was searching for a Feebas and on the 3rd square I looked in it said ...Not even a nibble... so, I said I better try again, it might be a Feebas square. I didn't actually believe it would be, but I tried again and, lo and behold a Feebas!