• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny/Frustrating/interesting Game Glitches You've Experienced

Penguinist Trainer

In Game Informer's recent issue, they discussed the strangest glitches in gaming. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if I hadn't experienced a glitch in a game recently. So now I am curious to know what glitches have people come across while playing.

Recently, I was playing Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS. I had just completed Mission 23: The Search for Xion. After beating the Veil Lizard a cut-scene triggers.

Axel, Roxas, and Xion are sitting on the Clock Tower eating ice cream. Every time the camera changed angle, Xion would switch between her "hidden" appearance (hood hiding face) and her "revealed" appearance (hood drawn back). It wasn't just the in-game animation either that switched appearances, the dialog portrait was switching as well.

It wasn't a bad glitch, but I thought it was funny. It made me think of a director who just so happened to forget the actor placements in between takes and just threw in whatever he thought was correct.

So tell me, any glitches out there that have you ripping your hair out or rolling with laughter?

Fallout 3-
I've had quite a few interesting ones, but the one that stands out the most is when I was in The Pitt, about to go get the last few Steel Ingots, and I fell through the roof of a building to my death. Apparently its because I have a certain DLC, but whatever. I currently cannot get the achievement because of it.

I just had one in Transformers: War for Cybertron that was actually pretty hilarious. I was driving down the highway as my husband Optimus, and as we were making a jump, Bumblebee and Ratchet froze in mid-air, in somewhat of a matrix pose. I wish I had gotten a picture, it was hilarious. I went to the next area and it cleared up, but it was still pretty funny.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I encountered one on Star Fox Adventures. First, I go into the cavern where the shop keeper is supposed to be, but instead, I saw a rainbow wall instead. When I go through the rainbow wall, I end up in this big fountain-like architechure. When I jump off the fountain, I fall for all eternity.

Even now, I don't know what caused this weird glitch to happen.

natie

Mr. F
I seem to only experience annoying glitches on PSP games. The glitch: walk through wall and fall endlessly. The games this happens on: nearly every action/adventure or hack'n'slash game there is. The most recent one this happened on was Dante's Inferno. And it happened at the perfect time: I had literally JUST conquered an incredibly hard pard (playing on hardest difficulty), I was standing against a wall, I accidentally press the nub the wrong way so my character runs in the direction of the wall, the wall disappears and there I am, falling. Fuck you, PSP.

Last edited:

The 3D RoBot

................!
Falling through the map is always funny on games where that glitch appears.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I was playing Harry Potter for the PC, and when the game loaded, instead of me being in Hogwarts, I was on an endless board filled with tiles, each with a number on it. I couldn't get out. To this day I don't know how it happened, I have never been able to recreate it. It's a glitch not in the books. I think it could have happened due to a scratch on the bottom of the disc or something like that.

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
Right, so there I was, playing The Hobbit for the Gamecube, and I fell off a cliff, and when I hit the bottom and died, Bilbo, for some reason, decided it would be a good idea to get up, spin around, and fall down dead again. Yeah, um, what.

Also, tripping in Brawl.

What?

That wasn't a glitch? It was intended?

SSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKUUUUUURRRAAAAAAAAIIIIII!!!!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
When I was playing Sonic 06 at my friend's house, I missed a cutscene trigger.

SHOCKING I KNOW

Sonic 06 IS a glitch.

From recent memory: Playing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within at my friend's house. Was fighting that chick with the bondage outfit to save the Farah wannabe and died. When I re-started the music was gone. The entire fight was just her screaming and swords clanging. Also at one point she had no head.

In Shadow of the Colossus when I was fighting the spider-thing that shoots lightning in the Colosseum place I got hit and turned invisible. I could still die I think but I was Wandering around invisible.

In the Halo Reach Beta I got glitched out of the game kind of. Found some sweet armor pieces and stuff hidden though. Details in my post here. File Share link to photos here.

In Gears of War 2 I was playing on my first run through the game on Christmas and Baird started floating away. Carmine joined him.

I've done many glitches in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. These include Fierce Deity Link in Clock Town/Termina Field, swimming in air, and infinite sword swipes (anything that touches Link's sword is hit like 10 times per second, it's basically on rapid-fire).

Way too many in Halo 3 to count. Mostly getting out of maps. Fun stuff.

Team Fortress 2 on Xbox, getting out of maps, taunting with alternate weapons(Demoman can drink his Grenade Launcher), underground and sky Sentries.

I can save myself a TON of time on Extreme mode in Metal Gear Solid 2 by killing Vamp right when his fight begins. Just get out the Stinger and shoot it as fast as you can.

In Portal on the Xbox I can glitch two portals going through each other.

That's all I can think of right now.

Great topic idea btw, I like it.

Penguinist Trainer

I remembered 2 other glitches that had happened to me.

I was playing Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for the XBox 360. One of the glitches was funny, another was just strange.

I can't recall where I was in the Capital Wasteland, I believe it was in the vicinity of the Deathclaw Sanctuary. Anyways, I was wandering the area in sneak mode so I get a heads up when enemies approach. Well the [Danger] logo was flashing and I turned around to see a Deathclaw charging me. I pulled out a weapon to get ready for battle when the Deathclaw launches into the air.... straight into orbit. I sat there for a little bit puzzled as to what just happened. Soon enough, another Deathclaw started charging me. This Deathclaw was launched was also launched straight into orbit.

I found that entertaining.

Another glitch occurred during Mothership Zeta. After saving all the abducted people, prior to making the final assault on the bridge. I was talking to the Alaskan Medic and he made a remark about not being able to remember something off the top of his head. At that moment, his whole forehead disappeared and you could see how hollow his character really was.

I don't think I've experienced any glitches that crashed any games I was playing.

I

Another glitch occurred during Mothership Zeta. After saving all the abducted people, prior to making the final assault on the bridge. I was talking to the Alaskan Medic and he made a remark about not being able to remember something off the top of his head. At that moment, his whole forehead disappeared and you could see how hollow his character really was.

Same thing happened to me the other day, except it was with Somah.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
The only glitch I'm aware in Mothership Zeta is when your at the control room shooting the mothership. When everyone falls down when your hit, you can run over to them and talk to them. But when you talk, you pickpocket them instead.