• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny/Frustrating/interesting Game Glitches You've Experienced

SmartD

There was this one time on Lego Stars Wars The Complete Saga for the DS, on the General Grevious level. When he jumped on a cliff, he ran into a wall, and kept running in to it. It was hilarious!

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
two rather humorous things i recall happening in Republic Commando, both have only happened once:
1) im on the Prosecutor and im using the shotgun. im about to rescue Sev from the Trandoshans when a slaver charges me. i wait for him to be right in my fce before i blast him. when i do, his body rolls down the hall til it collides with the wall. when it does, his head gets stuck inside the wall, leaving the rest of his body in a rather invitational pose.
2) earlier on on the Prosecutor, i killed a Trando slaver with the pistol. i walked over to his corpse and started wasting unlimited ammo on the cadaver. every time i shot him in the head, his mouth would open and close.

Oblivion. One big glitch in itself.

-I became a vampire, and was going to get the powerful vampire dust. I went at it from the south, and as I was nearing a river, the level completely disappeared underneath me, and I fell for about five minutes until it froze and I reset.
-Same place, same story, except the lower end of the river disappeared, and an Oblivion gate was just kinda hovering there. I went up a hill to go around it, it said "Loading Area" and froze.

I got a new disc, and now none of that happened, and I can finally walk around during the day, wooo~

Also.
I was in Bruma going through basements for no reason, and in the one, an imperial guard spawned out of nowhere and started yelling at me for stealing.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
i do remember one or two happening in Oblivion. one involved all Imperial Horsemen to disappear but still be there. it was rather creepy seeing a horse just walk through the woods at night and emit a torchlight glow, with no apparent rider or torch. anotheronly happened once, because ive only been a vampire once. before i was a vampire, my eyes were brown. when i became a vampire, my eyes went red, which is normal. but when i got the cure, my eyes were bright blue. ill never know if my eyes turned back to their original color because our computer was fried by a lightning strike near our house a few days later.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
fallout 3 was loaded with glitches. personaly i liked the one with the flying deathclaws the most. imagine you are fighting against some OW enemies and a deathclaw comes at you, you shoot, and then the deathclaw luanches right up the sky with mach 2 or something untill it's out of sight.

=/

Penguinist Trainer

I actually came across 2 glitches in Lego Harry Potter for the Xbox 360. One of them was funny, another was a little aggravating.

In the level when you are fighting the Basilisk in the chamber of secrets, when the basilisk starts swaying his head back and forth like a snake, if you move to the right side of the chamber, the camera freezes the basilisk in that position and he starts having a seizure.

It was kinda funny seeing a lego basilisk flopping around in midair. It stopped doing that as soon as I moved over to the other side of the arena.

The most aggravating glitch I experienced so far almost caused me to not max out the game percentage. I literally had everything in the game except 1 Gold Brick, and you need all the gold bricks to unlock the final bonus level and the voldemort character icon.

I was looking everywhere for it. I tried strategy guides and faqs online. i went step by step retracing my game to see if there was something i missed.

well i missed something all right. it turns out the gold brick in the owl shop... appears invisible... i discovered that little tidbit when i was looking up common glitches in the game. sure enough, i walked right where it told me to, and poof there was the final gold brick. i wanted to scream...

Espeonic

Hero of Winds
I keep encountering what has to be the worst glitch I've ever seen in Sonic the Hedeghog 3. I should point out this is when I'm playing it on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3, so I don't know if this happens in different versions of this game. This happens EVERY time I get to Ice Cap Zone Act 1 as Tails. When I get to the first section of sliding down ice, Tails dies there; the screen scrolls downward all of a sudden, thus crushing me. What makes this glitch even more ridiculous is when I try to fly slowly and carefully down that area, the game compensates by having the screen scroll down much faster.

The icing on the cake is that this always happens every time I start this level and it'll keep happening unless you touch the checkpoint before you get to that first ice sliding section. Meaning if you touch that first checkpoint, then reach that first ice sliding section, you'll still get killed by the sudden screen scroll, but when you go back to the checkpoint after you die, that glitch will stop and you can finally continue the level. Did I mention that the first checkpoint is located about three to five seconds from the beginning of the level for Tails and it is relatively easy to miss, making a rather pointless checkpoint absolutely essential to completing the stage with this glitch?

Last edited:

Metal Mania1321

Stick em' up
Fallout 3

I was walking out in the wasteland near Dunwich Building and suddenly I heard Flak talking behind me, I turned around, he said eh, then exploded.....WTF

Dragard

I wasn't even there.
In Game Informer's recent issue, they discussed the strangest glitches in gaming. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if I hadn't experienced a glitch in a game recently. So now I am curious to know what glitches have people come across while playing.

Recently, I was playing Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS. I had just completed Mission 23: The Search for Xion. After beating the Veil Lizard a cut-scene triggers.

Axel, Roxas, and Xion are sitting on the Clock Tower eating ice cream. Every time the camera changed angle, Xion would switch between her "hidden" appearance (hood hiding face) and her "revealed" appearance (hood drawn back). It wasn't just the in-game animation either that switched appearances, the dialog portrait was switching as well.

It wasn't a bad glitch, but I thought it was funny. It made me think of a director who just so happened to forget the actor placements in between takes and just threw in whatever he thought was correct.

So tell me, any glitches out there that have you ripping your hair out or rolling with laughter?

Lots of people thought that was a glitch, when it really isn't. Everybody sees Xion differently. Xion without her hood on is when Roxas is seeing her, and Xion with her hood on is when Axel is seeing her.

Do you remember the scene where Xion, Roxas and Xigbar are in Wonderland? Xigbar sees Xion as Ventus. Also, Roxas sees Xion as Sora later on, as well does Riku. That's why Riku asks why does her face look like that.