• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny/Frustrating/interesting Game Glitches You've Experienced

I was playing Harry Potter for the PC, and when the game loaded, instead of me being in Hogwarts, I was on an endless board filled with tiles, each with a number on it. I couldn't get out. To this day I don't know how it happened, I have never been able to recreate it. It's a glitch not in the books. I think it could have happened due to a scratch on the bottom of the disc or something like that.

Which Harry Potter was this mate? In Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets (PC) I entered a debug mode once and while sifting through the hidden levels and stuff found a place similar to what you just listed, iirc the tiles were pinkish/blue and had numbers on them, as if it was almost a board game of some sort ^^

As for me Resistance 1 had some fun as glitches online, mostly involving getting outside of the map (Which is my favourite kind of glitch, the exploration ones), one glitch could be activated by trying to jump through this particular window, and through that you could escape outside of the map. The crap thing was though is that it was on a CTF map, and only on one side of it, so if you were on the opposite side, the enemies could make it tough for you by stealing your flag and going outside of the map :p

Those glitches were more intentional though, an unintentional one I had happen to me recently was on Resident Evil 4 (Wii) where I just got Ashley and was back in the main part of the village, well there were people around so I decided to take Ashley up that huge as ladder where the guard tower kind of thing is, and after dealing with all the people, got her to jump back down, but something weird happened, perhaps the game hadn't designed Ashley to go up that particular ladder, anyway the cutscene did something weird and when that finished I was stuck on this invisible floor just below level ground, so my body was where my legs should be. I could walk around and shoot Ashley and everything, but I couldn't get back :<

TerraWolf

Banned
Axel, Roxas, and Xion are sitting on the Clock Tower eating ice cream. Every time the camera changed angle, Xion would switch between her "hidden" appearance (hood hiding face) and her "revealed" appearance (hood drawn back). It wasn't just the in-game animation either that switched appearances, the dialog portrait was switching as well.

that was supposed to happen the camera was switching between Axel's and Roxas' Veiw of Xion.

The 3D RoBot

................!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Axel, Roxas, and Xion are sitting on the Clock Tower eating ice cream. Every time the camera changed angle, Xion would switch between her "hidden" appearance (hood hiding face) and her "revealed" appearance (hood drawn back). It wasn't just the in-game animation either that switched appearances, the dialog portrait was switching as well.

It wasn't a bad glitch, but I thought it was funny. It made me think of a director who just so happened to forget the actor placements in between takes and just threw in whatever he thought was correct.

...That's not a glitch.

It's spoilers if I told you what it really is, but- oh wait someone before me already said it.

Anyway, the camera shifting is between Roxas and Axel's point of view. Roxas sees "Xion", while Axel sees only a hooded figure. You'll note that at the end of the cutscene (at least if I recall correctly), Axel sees "Xion".

This is noted in the secret report for that mission.

Anyway, funniest glitch I've seen recently was in Megaman Zero 2, where if you mess around with the Chain Rod a bit you can get Zero to be stuck in between hanging and throwing.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I remember once in Donkey Kong Country my brother and his friend were teaming up together on their own file, they were trying to beat the facotry area without saving. Well, after so many deaths and still a lot of lives, they are running in a cave level, and then they jump and get caught on a ledge in the cave... they couldn't move or anything and basically Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong were frozen, but yet enemies were still moving.

They begged me to reset the game for them... and they had to start aaaall over...

Penguinist Trainer

Someone said that it wasn't a glitch when Xion kept shifting between hooded and unhooded Xion. It was said that the hooded Xion is what all the other Organization members see, while Roxas sees the revealed Xion.

Now I am curious, if that is the case, why does it show a revealed Xion when Axel and Xion are alone together without Roxas?

Also, this isn't so much as a game glitch as a hardware "malfunction". I don't know if anyone has done this before, but I noticed it today and thought it was weird enough to mention.

I was playing on my DS Lite today. I put it down on top of my girlfriend's Ds Lite, and the system went into sleep mode (as if I had closed the screens). I picked it back up and it came back on. It didn't do it when I put it on my desk, only when I put it down on another DS lite. I even tested it out on my girlfriend's system, and it did the exact same thing.

I don't know if anyone else has tried that, but i thought it was interesting enough.

Cobalt_Latios

I was playing on my DS Lite today. I put it down on top of my girlfriend's Ds Lite, and the system went into sleep mode (as if I had closed the screens). I picked it back up and it came back on. It didn't do it when I put it on my desk, only when I put it down on another DS lite. I even tested it out on my girlfriend's system, and it did the exact same thing.

I don't know if anyone else has tried that, but i thought it was interesting enough.
I have a case that has a magnetic clip to close it, and whenever I put my DS Lite on top of it when the DS is open, it does the same thing. It may be a magnetic thing of sorts. I'd have to try it with 2 DSs, mind you.

C_L

There's a magnet in the lid of the DS that when folded puts it into sleep mode, so it would follow that a magnet would put it into sleep mode : /

Someone may have already told you this, but that's not a glitch.

Surfing_Pikachu

I know the scariest glitch would be temporarily losing all my stats for no reason in Bad Company 2. *shudders*

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
In Game Informer's recent issue, they discussed the strangest glitches in gaming. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if I hadn't experienced a glitch in a game recently. So now I am curious to know what glitches have people come across while playing.

Recently, I was playing Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for the Nintendo DS. I had just completed Mission 23: The Search for Xion. After beating the Veil Lizard a cut-scene triggers.

It wasn't a bad glitch, but I thought it was funny. It made me think of a director who just so happened to forget the actor placements in between takes and just threw in whatever he thought was correct.

So tell me, any glitches out there that have you ripping your hair out or rolling with laughter?

When she had her "revealed" appearance, she was talking to Roxas. When she had her "hidden" appearance, she was talking to Axel. At that point in the game, she still hasn't opened up to Axel in the same way she has opened up to Roxas, so her hood appears to still be up.

It's symbolic, yo.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i lost all of my unlocked trophies for gravity crash once, i managed to get it back by synchronising the server but it did have me worried, the trophies for gravity crash are NOT easy.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
When I borrowed Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare from my friend and was achievement hunting I got to a point where I only had two achievements left: one for collecting 15 pieces of intel and one for 30. I got all of the pieces except one which I accidentally picked up when I was trying out Ragtime Warfare (The thing that lets you play with old timey visuals). I didn't take notice that if you pick the intel up while Ragtime Warfare is on then you can never pick it up while playing in normal mode and there is no way to reset the intel.

So basically you're screwed.

After looking all over the internet I found videos and forums with solutions. By erasing some data, making some new save files, loading games while switching profiles and other stuff I was able to get the achievement for getting 15 intel. So now when you look at my profile you can see that I got the achievement for 15 intel AFTER the one for getting 30 intel.

This isn't really a glitch, but it's something that I had to do stuff like taking out battery packs and switching profiles while the game is loading to achieve. I manipulated the game to reset the intel I permanently lost, something Infinity Ward should update the game with so people don't have to go through that and loose an achievement by accident.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
you two must have mistaken me with the genes your parents passed on to you upon creation. i'm not stupid you know.

it sucks cod4 has no trophysupport on the PS3, i allways hoped though.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I was playing Halo 3 with my friends at the college, we were facing each other in this certain play field. I go over to the sides semi-hidden until I know who to get. As I am walking I found myself floating up, i Kept going up until I got stuck on the roof (Sky), I thought i was on a hill. Then my friend at the other TV called me over, and showed me what I looked like on my screen, (Then shot me -.-) When I spawned back, I was stuck in the sky, but was floating downwards o_O.... That was an interesting glitch.

I\ll post more later ;3