• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

~*Scyther*~

Well lets discuss funny, lucky and ironic things that have happened to us while playing pokemon! I will start with my most recent example. When this happened today it gave me the idea for this thread.
Earlier today I was breeding my japanese Ditto and my male Chikorita to try to get a female for egg move breeding. So I put them in the daycare, grabbed my flame body pokemon and started breeding. I collected 4 eggs and started to hatch them. My second egg was a shiny chikorita! I was SOOO happy! I thought what are the odds! A shiny pokemon via masuda method at egg number 2 that was roughly 1/2000 chance and then my female chikorita finally at #9 with a 1/8 chance xD So this is my extremely lucky and ironic pokemon moment.
What are yours?

Entreri10

That post is ironic since I'm doing the Masuda method for a shiny charmander and Ive gon through 90ish so far with no such luck. .... Ive had some of those moments though trying to catch a legendary with 60-75 dark balls running out and reloading then getting it within my first throw or two.

Phoopes

There it is.
The following happened in Soul Silver:

*Gets Ho-Oh down to 1 HP*
*Puts Ho-Oh to sleep*
*Throw OVER 9000 Ultra Balls*
*Finally say, "Screw it, I'm using a Pokeball*
*"Congragulations! You have caught a Ho-Oh!*

rageface.jpg

Dark Side4

Wow this sucks, I'm doing the masuda method right now for a shiny shuckle. Over 450 shuckles.... no shiny....

On a funny/depressing note, I just spent the time getting toxic for my regular shuckle, and while running through the elite four for training, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally erased toxic with bug bite. Gotta get toxic again...

Jinvaani

On Yellow my poison-stung pikachu fainted 2 steps away from Nurse Joy. I had just ran half way across Kanto to find a pokemon center too. He's still not forgiven me :p

Last edited:

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Breed like twenty-thirty Charmanders trying to get a female. Breed a Cyndaquil just for the dex and get a girl on the first try.

Ffffuuuu-

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Foes getting Critical Hits on me when I would win the match if they didn't

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
This one qualifies as funny AND lucky. I was down to my Togepi against Bugsy's Scyther. I used Metronome, guess what happens? SACRED. FIRE. As I was handed a Hive Badge, I vowed never to speak ill of Metronome again.

About a week ago, I'm hunting for Chansey in the Safari Zone in FireRed and MMing Axew in Black. It was in Black I wanted a Shiny to appear. It was in FireRed where the Shiny (Nidorina) actually appeared. Ironic. And lucky, as I managed to catch the Nidorina.

Aquaiscircles

Shiny in emerald

I first saw my first shiny pokemon, magnetmite, in emerald. I thought my game was ****ing up so i quickly turned it off and turned it back on. Ohhh what a mistake. I liked how he looked like gold instead of silver.

~*Scyther*~

@honeyichigo-I know the feeling there! that sucks!

@adalricus-I HATE haxy matches like that! In-game or competitive

@Missigno. master-LMFAO! That is HILARIOUS! What luck!? lol and then being abale to catch a shiny in the sfari zone? NICE! I have had an unlucky encounter with safari zone shines.....

@Aquaiscircles-Oh, mann....that is brutal! My first shiny was a shiny wurmple in ruby, but on route 201 or 202 before you get pokeballs! FFFUUUU moment

Indigoodra

Well, While trying to get a female Chikorita (DON'T ask why), I ended up with about 50 @__________@

And I caught both Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald with Great balls, after using Ultras ended horribly. :/

PsiOmega

An old soul
I had such a hard time beating Steven in Ruby for the first time. I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Then I beat him the next day w/out losing any Pokemon. As if that wasn't weird enough, Laitas (I think) was the first Pokemon I encountered after the credits rolled, and it was SHINY. That was extremely ironic compared to my previous luck.

~*Scyther*~

@ShinyRaikou-NICE! Lol I have had no such luck with metronome ever...

@Narwhal15-lol wow. That is kinda what happened with me, trying for a female chikorita and ended up with a shiny after 2 eggs and a female after 9 xD

@PsiOmega-:O OMG! WHAT LUCK! lol tht is AMAZING! My only random encounter I have caught was a shiny paras in Mt.Moon in firered. Also as I sid before I found a shiny wurmple at the beginning of Ruby before you can get pokeballs :(

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
How about something i regret?

I let my sister play my Gameboy (Back in 2005 on Pokemon Emerald) for a whopping 10 minutes... And she encounters a shiny Onix.
I mean honestly, I've never seen a shiny myself in my life. Well, without trading, of course.

But that's not the best part. She KILLS it.
Kills it.

/ragequit

~*Scyther*~

@Lt. Steel- BRUTAL! I have an older brother so I have never had to worry about younger siblings xD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Scizor sweeping Maylene in rematch with Bullet Punch after only one Swords Dance.

~*Scyther*~

@Adalricus-NICE! I have sweep competitive battles on PO with 2 swords dances and bullet punch :)

yuff

I got a dumb luck moment. Breeding horseas with clear smog, and could not get a modest one for the life of me (with sniper is what i think the crit abl he has is). The horseas had leveled up so much at that point though; that the male forcible forgot clear smog, because he had learned four new moves. Yet gamefreak and Nintendo are not completely heartless because even after i noticed this i was still getting horseas that knew clear smog; up till the point where i removed the male. One of the last like two was modest with sniper and clear smog.