• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Training up my Darkrai, who is quite lacking in an offensive dark move.
Friend sees this, suggests, "Dude! You need to give him a dark move!"
I reply, "He doesn't get a good one until he's a higher level, I know what I'm doing."
"But seriously, you need a dark move."
*Darkrai leveled up, Darkrai would like to learn Dark Pulse*
"Told you he just needed a higher level."

Compared to everytime I attempt to capture a legendary.
*half hour later, almost out of dark balls*

ChronoX

Lucky
Got 4 shinys in 4 different game. (All in order)
1) Pokemon Diamon - Hippowdon (Route 229, the sandstorm one... if I get the wrong Route)
2) Pokemon Emerald - Doduo (Safari Zone)
3) Pokemon Ruby - Wingul (The route that Safari Zone is in)
4) Pokemon Heartgold - Girafarig (The route that is under lake of rage)

Ironic: Useless Critical. I get critical when the foe is red...

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Well, congratulations on catching a Shiny Sudowoodo! What gender, ability and nature did it have?

I haven't checked what nature it has, but it's male with the Sturdy ability.

DragonA7X

BASSHOLE
The other day I was playing brawl with JakMaster1 (sp) and I used a pokeball and a jirachi came out. Then another pokeball fell and inside was yet ANOTHER jirachi.

I also ran into a shiny seaking in the safari zone on FR and caught it after the first ball.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I haven't checked what nature it has, but it's male with the Sturdy ability.

I had a Sudowoodo in SoulSilver, female with Rock Head. She's not shiny though.

Another moment I had to share was encountering my first ever Shiny in Ruby. I was exploring Mt. Pyre and I ran into a female Duskull but I noticed something odd about it. She was red and sparkling! I went "OMG!" and I caught her, she still remains in the PC Box to this day.

When I got my favorite Pokemon Giratina the first thing I saw was JOLLY nature!!!lol!!
My Darkrai had the same problem and they like sweets so I gave them bitter sweet poffins so I could go in a contest and went to the guy that gives you a band thingy to help you win and he gave me the pink scarf thingy and said something like my Pokemon was cute!!!

SmogonFreak

Make that 1 HP last!
There's a Camper in Rock Tunnel in FR/LG that talks about "a Pokemon with a floral pattern." Is it just me or did she just predict the release of Munna?

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I was running into shaking grass patches in Pinwheel and I found three Pansears in a row. Probably not that unlikely, but a bit amusing.

I had my fair share of lucky moments in my Ruby runs. One is I had just a single Pokeball left on Victory Road (I was not planning to catch anything anyway). I encountered a Shiny HARIYAMA, and I was like "Why didn't I bring more balls?" I tried to weaken it, and slowly its HP drained, until 1HP. After his attack, I threw my ball and poof.

That Hariyama OHKOed all of the ice-type E4's pokemon.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Something funny happened yesterday.

I was MMing Mudkip, and I'd already got over 1,000, so I was getting a bit annoyed. So, as I was hatching, I crossed my fingers and begged for it to be the day I would actually get it.

The very next egg that hatched was a shiny Mudkip. XD

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I was MM ing for shiny Charmander and i was at 160X eggs.i was really annoyed but before giving up i wanted to complete my last box so i kept going and luckily i found my shiny chrmander.:D

Jefko

almost completed Dex
I was MM ing for shiny Charmander and i was at 160X eggs.i was really annoyed but before giving up i wanted to complete my last box so i kept going and luckily i found my shiny chrmander.:D

took me around 300 eggs=P

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
One of the most funniest moments that happened to me recently was just catching a Groudon with just a Ultra Ball. Though what made it funny was that I was just down to my lv.10 Tentacool in the battle when I got it. I had a thought in that I would have to SRest to try again to capture it like the past few times but then I caught it a few seconds latter. I do though remember that I freaked out when I just saw that happen. Now I call my Tentacool (nicknamed "Acooltent") as "The Savior of Pokemon kind" after that capture of Groudon.