• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

abrar14

Statter Master
My yellow nuzlocke got cut short because my pikachu died in the first battle >.<

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Something funny happened yesterday.

I was MMing Mudkip, and I'd already got over 1,000, so I was getting a bit annoyed. So, as I was hatching, I crossed my fingers and begged for it to be the day I would actually get it.

The very next egg that hatched was a shiny Mudkip. XD

You're lucky. I gave up on MMing Oshawott after about 17,381 eggs.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Thank you!^-^

Now that is lucky.i hope i'll have a short hunt for my shiny Feebas.

Me too.i never had a short hunt and found my first shiny in pokemon black.i played the older game with no luck.:p

In Black, I only found one shiny - a Boldore. Didn't catch her though (she was female).

I did catch a shiny Duskull in Ruby, she's still in the PC.

Also, in SoulSilver I have a shiny male Farfetch'd.

They were the only shinies I ever obtained.

P.S In my brother's Diamond he has 3 shinies - a Graveler, Budew and Unown (U Form)

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Chaining in Platinum. Shinx up to 36. Step into next "safe" patch. Watch, in horror, as my chain is broken on the Poketech app. I fire blasted the Bidoof, and cursed it and all it's relatives into the Distortion world to die! With no food, and in the dark! Die Bidoof! DIE!!! Mwahahahahah!!!! Die sad and alone!!! Your family will desert you, and when you die, they will come back and eat you!!!!

Can anyone tell it just happened to me again?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chaining in Platinum. Shinx up to 36. Step into next "safe" patch. Watch, in horror, as my chain is broken on the Poketech app. I fire blasted the Bidoof, and cursed it and all it's relatives into the Distortion world to die! With no food, and in the dark! Die Bidoof! DIE!!! Mwahahahahah!!!! Die sad and alone!!! Your family will desert you, and when you die, they will come back and eat you!!!!

Can anyone tell it just happened to me again?

I hear that. But you know what? After that sort of thing happening so often, I got it in my head that since the Poké Radar attracts so many Bidoof, I might as well just try chaining the Bidoof. The result? See that Shiny Bibarel in my signature? That. That right there is the result.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
I hear that. But you know what? After that sort of thing happening so often, I got it in my head that since the Poké Radar attracts so many Bidoof, I might as well just try chaining the Bidoof. The result? See that Shiny Bibarel in my signature? That. That right there is the result.

This. I got a chain of bidoof up to 26 without even paying attention. hardly even did the fourth patch. maybe some time I'll actually try it.
anyways, I caught my first shiny yesterday :D

Flash Sport

Whatcha gotta say?
I really don't know what to call this, but I was nuzlocking for the first time in Pokemon White and by the time I reached Nimbasa City, I've had about four Pokemon die, which were the ones I really wanted. A sandile was included in that bunch so I had to face Elesa without a ground type. The Pokemon in my party at the time was dewott, cottonee, tranquill, scraggy, and patrat. As you can probably tell, the Pokemon that remained in my party were weak to electric and flying, and the patrat was just there for HMs. So with no ground type, I was figuring my nuzlocke would end there because my Pokemon would end up getting decimated by static, volt switch, and acrobatics until I remembered I had a liepard in my box.

I liked the way it looked, but I absolutely hated it because it could not deal good damage no matter how hard I tried to raise it, so I boxed it. Although it was low leveled, it had the limber ability and pursuit. Amazingly, it came through with taking out the two emolga (with the help of some potions), but died to the zebstrika. I felt kinda bad while putting it in the box graveyard. The Pokemon I disliked actually saved me from completely failing the nuzlocke. I suppose I could consider that moment as ironic.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I really don't know what to call this, but I was nuzlocking for the first time in Pokemon White and by the time I reached Nimbasa City, I've had about four Pokemon die, which were the ones I really wanted. A sandile was included in that bunch so I had to face Elesa without a ground type. The Pokemon in my party at the time was dewott, cottonee, tranquill, scraggy, and patrat. As you can probably tell, the Pokemon that remained in my party were weak to electric and flying, and the patrat was just there for HMs. So with no ground type, I was figuring my nuzlocke would end there because my Pokemon would end up getting decimated by static, volt switch, and acrobatics until I remembered I had a liepard in my box.

I liked the way it looked, but I absolutely hated it because it could not deal good damage no matter how hard I tried to raise it, so I boxed it. Although it was low leveled, it had the limber ability and pursuit. Amazingly, it came through with taking out the two emolga (with the help of some potions), but died to the zebstrika. I felt kinda bad while putting it in the box graveyard. The Pokemon I disliked actually saved me from completely failing the nuzlocke. I suppose I could consider that moment as ironic.

Elesa's Emolga (both of them) have Aerial Ace, not Acrobatics.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
This. I got a chain of bidoof up to 26 without even paying attention. hardly even did the fourth patch. maybe some time I'll actually try it.
anyways, I caught my first shiny yesterday :D

Oh, cool, your first Shiny? What was it?

EDIT: You know what would be really ironic? If your first Shiny was a Pansage. Because I have RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKED UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP, BABY!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I don't think I've told this story enough times.

So one day I was in the Cinnabar mansion in Fire Red and I found this shiny Koffing. You can probably already see where this is going, so I'll just tell you. It selfdestructed on me. Just blew up right before my eyes. That beautiful light blue ball of purple gas just disappeared and there was nothing I could do about it. I still have the image permanently laser-burned on my retina. Some day I'm going to exact my revenge and get a shiny Koffing. Somehow, someday, it's going to happen.

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Holy. Freaking. Crap. I just got a shiny Riolu with MM in less than 15 eggs. I'm still shivering from anticipation. By the way, it knows Hi Jump Kick and Blaze Kick as egg moves, and I nicknamed it Athos as a Three Musketeers reference. Makes up for the 16,000 eggs I tried for an Oshawott.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

So one day I was in the Cinnabar mansion in Fire Red and I found this shiny Koffing. You can probably already see where this is going, so I'll just tell you. It selfdestructed on me. Just blew up right before my eyes. That beautiful light blue ball of purple gas just disappeared and there was nothing I could do about it. I still have the image permanently laser-burned on my retina. Some day I'm going to exact my revenge and get a shiny Koffing. Somehow, someday, it's going to happen.

You've told me that story already, so I'll say it again; good luck. I don't even want to think about if it had been me in that situation, given what my favorite Pokémon is. I'll say this much, though; that sort of situation, it's exactly why I don't just throw my Master Ball at the first legendary that gives me grief. I save them for Shinies that can flee/blow up/end the battle in any way, shape, or form.

Mega Magmar

I was playing HG the other day and i was really underleveled and i was fighting Clair,when my meganium had barely any health when i was going to use frenzy plant on her kingdra to beat her when i clicked petal dance by accident, i was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUU" when her move (can't remember which one) and it left me with 1 HP!!! i was so happy especially when my petal dance got a crit and super effective winning me the 8th gym badge.

SkyGardevoir

Gone Mon. to Thurs.
Beating Noland in Emerald.
I can't remember what the pokémon were, but he had the advantage, and we were down to our last rental pokémon.
I survived a super-effective hit with about 18 HP, and thankfully, his next attack missed.

Closest Victory ever.

PsiOmega

An old soul

Similar incident when I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch shiny Metang. What really burned me up was that it was my first RE shiny in over a year, and shiny Metagross looks so damn cool. I'm still looking for shiny Beldum evos, so I haven't given up yet. And I am accepting offers.

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Similar incident when I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch shiny Metang. What really burned me up was that it was my first RE shiny in over a year, and shiny Metagross looks so damn cool. I'm still looking for shiny Beldum evos, so I haven't given up yet. And I am accepting offers.

Ohhh, the pain a shiny Metang has caused people. Never found one myself, but they have the most unforgiving non-legendary catch rates I've seen. The only reason I would look for a shiny in Giant Chasm is for a shiny...

...Delibird. Yes, I know that people think Delibird is bad due to its movepool and typing, but I WANT MY PURPLE SANTA BIRD!