• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I got a Critical Catch on Reshiram and with the first ball I threw.

To be honest, I didn't know what actually happened. It was my first time ever seeing a Critical Catch (and I didn't even know what a Critical Catch was), but since it happened with the first ball thrown and catching Reshiram was part of the story I thought it was something that happened for everybody. However, it turns out that's not true, I was just very lucky.

Getting a Shiny Sneasel at Mt. Silver in Pokemon HeartGold, even though I did nothing special to trigger it (I was just training my Pupitar so it'd be ready to evolve when I fought Red. No Action Replay, no glitches, no nothing.). I had the GB Sounds on. Maybe that had something to do with it? *shrugs*

Last edited:

trident20

ground types
I got a Critical Catch on Reshiram and with the first ball I threw.

To be honest, I didn't know what actually happened. It was my first time ever seeing a Critical Catch (and I didn't even know what a Critical Catch was), but since it happened with the first ball thrown and catching Reshiram was part of the story I thought it was something that happened for everybody. However, it turns out that's not true, I was just very lucky.
I'm surprised that it's kinda easy to get a critical capture. Iv'e had them alot.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
One time I was heading out to RNG some pokemon in Giant Chasm and on the way I ran into a shiny Solrock.

KantoMasta

call me KM!
It happened awhile ago, but it was on HG. It was mevsRival. He had a Ghastly? out, and I had my freshly hatched lv 1 togepi. Both were our very last poke, and he had many, many levels on me. Anyway, all Togepi had was a full health bar and metronome. He was REALLY low on health. I hit metronome, thinking that hes just gonna KO me, but NOOO. He used scary face. That isnt the end.

"Togepi used Metronome!"
"Togepi used Crunch!"
"Gastly Fainted!"

I lol'd, majorly.

Klinklang_1024

MultiRegion Champion
Just randomly playing through black....and then professor juniper sends out a shiny minccino, I mean omfg, why couldn't it have been me! grrr

muffinz

oh nooooooooo
Huh, that's interesting. I didn't know that the Pokèmon used in those Pokèmon-catching tutorials could be shiny.

...Wait, does this mean that Wally could potentially catch a shiny Ralts and have it stay shiny during the later battles with him? Or does the game keep that from happening?

Missingno.Fan

Huh, that's interesting. I didn't know that the Pokèmon used in those Pokèmon-catching tutorials could be shiny.

...Wait, does this mean that Wally could potentially catch a shiny Ralts and have it stay shiny during the later battles with him? Or does the game keep that from happening?
I actually remember someone on this site saying that Wally caught a shiny Ralts on one of their games.

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
On FireRed I was watching that TV thing you get that shows you how to do stuff and on the one about catching Pokemon the guy sent out a shiny Butterfree