• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I catched (in 1 game!) Zapdos in my 3rd turn with a ultra ball, Articuno in my 2nd turn in a great ball :)
(Moltres in my 50th turn or so in a poke ball).

I have(guess I traded some) Giratina, Dialga and Palkia caught in Pokéballs in my Platinum. Giratina only took me 3 Pokeballs and 2 tries(I called him first time)

Wow

Yay world!
On the legendary metronome moves, my Togepi has amazingly used:
roar of time
psycho boost
aeroblast
volt tackle
doom desire
JUDGEMENT!!!
lol

BGP_

This didn't happen to me, but my one friend got that weird glitch in D/P where the random invisible wall blocked you. A few steps later, his one egg hatched into a shiny D:

Kacho

You are next.
I think the first or second year I got my Leaf Green, I kept playing and playing (it was summer or middle school, easy time) to beat the plot.

One day while ready for church, I was waiting for my family (I think?) and I was in safari zone looking for a pokemon I don't remember, and then a dragonair came up!

on another news, also on LG at a different time, I was looking for Chansey, and I got one with Lucky punch, muahaha.

if it also counts, i was persistent enough to get a snorlax to learn covet, and go to mt moon and use it on any clefairy i find, took some time and got some moon stones.

and i don't remember how many dittos i tried to catch in LG. Not a lot, but one of them has metal powder on them... and I caught it (without using covet).

Last edited:

Infernobat.

Negative
The following happened in Soul Silver:

*Gets Ho-Oh down to 1 HP*
*Puts Ho-Oh to sleep*
*Throw OVER 9000 Ultra Balls*
*Finally say, "Screw it, I'm using a Pokeball*
*"Congragulations! You have caught a Ho-Oh!*

That seems to happen to me with almost every legendary Pokemon. It's very annoying. :\

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
I was playing my pokemon black game and while being near the cold storage, a cinccino appeared and I was so happy. I made my pokemon use a really weak move, but it ended up fainting it. I was like WTH!!! Haven't encountered another one since then T_T

Well this happened to my friend. She was playing Heartgold and came across a shiny pidgey, but she still didn't receive the pokeballs so she couldn't catch it. Sucked to be her :/

psyrose3

I have. I was fighting unova's psychic elite four member with a Zoroark, but still.

I've done that as well. I had my Zoroark (Midna) be disguised as my Lilligant (Garland). She only used Psychic type moves. It was great. XD

I've encountered multiple shinies, one in the Safari Zone (a female Nidoran), two random encounters (an Unown and ESunnyMilk in Touhoumon Blue), and one on the GTS (an Alakazam).

I've stalled an obviously hacked team of shiny Shaymins on PBR using only a Magic Guard Clefable (the Toxic Orb helped).

In my Nuzlockes, I've managed to lay waste to the whole Kanto E4 in LG, I almost did the same in Emerald (Drake and Wallace killed a member each), and I completely ruined Whitney (HG) and Norman.

Daylight

In the Curve
Stop an organization claiming to stop pokemon cruelty.

Force pokemon to breed for days on end just to release the unwanted offspring.

halodeoxys

wanna see me run to that mountain and back
Luckiest: Met shiny Ho-oh FIRST TRY in SS.
After that my luck in general began to slightly decrease, but you know, worth it.

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
I had been trying to breed a Shiny Munna for days on end, unsuccessfully, (releasing about 2000 Munna babies into the environment while using the Masuda Method). I had a friend who had Pokemon White, and I told him I would be his bestest best friend forever, among various other things, if he found me a Shiny Munna. (Of course I was joking).

He played the game for 3 hours and came across the Shiny Munna in the Dreamyard, and completely held me accountable for every ridiculous thing that I had promised.

But a deal was a deal, and we're still bestest best friends forever.

Last edited:

pikapop

Pika hugger ❤
The fact that I just caught a shiny pidgy and when I was naming it the game hanged. :p

Probably the luckiest thing to happen to most is a critical hit when facing th Elite Four/Champion

Cool Boy

Be fearless
I cought mewoto with normal pokaballs

I once caught a shiny Emolga exactly one month after catching a shiny Audino. The weird part is that I caught them on the exact same route each with a Quick Ball.

pseudoman

I remember twice running into shinies, but this only happened when i was either hacking or playing through the beginning of another file.

A few days back i figured out that if you give walrein max attack, defense curl and ice ball it will ohko pokemon that resist ice even. its pretty funny seeing such a defensively built pokemon ohko the likes of scizor and forretress with an ice attack.