• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Caught a shiny Petil today, was just going through the forest, and bam there it was :3
It had a modest nature with HP Fire as well XD
Its IV's are kind of average though

PsiOmega

An old soul
Pokemon Emerald: I encountered two Pokemon before getting Pokeballs, they were BOTH SHINY! If that wasn't already a kick in the ****, Wally's Ralts was shiny, too! I'm so unlucky!

Pokemon White: I encounter a Shiny Metang, only to run out of Pokeballs before I can catch it! And in a battle with a friend, he won because his Zap Cannon hit... all... 5... times. I'm still trying to figure out how one person has this much bad luck without getting hit by a cement truck.

VelveteenWolf

Electricity Trainer
Shiny Female Golbat

I was raising a hoothoot in Heartgold in victory road thinking about how Ive never really meet a shiny Pokemon in the wild except a shiny noctowl in game boy color gold when I didn't know about shinys, when I hear a different sound than usual coming from my ds. I couldn't believe that I was looking at a green colored golbat, lv 35! Some might have thought it was just a golbat, but to me it was the luckiest thing that ever happened to me in my years of playing pokemon. I used my lapras, lv 25 and ursaring, lv30, to catch it. I called her Lady Luck. Dont know if I want to evolve her or not.

chikorita185

So iheard you liek?
On heartgold I was catching Ho-oh
thrown X number of ultra and dusk balls
My brother says use great ball it might work
me- NO
Uses great ball to prove point
Ho-oh was caught

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i was doing a 5 for 6 trade and as te filler poke i got a male elekid with eggmoves ^^

Harry12

Flygon Trainer
Did an egg trade at a convention last year gave a tepig egg and in return get an adamant flawless shiny Axew because the guy had been trying to breed a shiny axew and was in the 2000s already that was the best day of my pokemon lifetime gutz for him though

The following happened in Soul Silver:

*Gets Ho-Oh down to 1 HP*
*Puts Ho-Oh to sleep*
*Throw OVER 9000 Ultra Balls*
*Finally say, "Screw it, I'm using a Pokeball*
*"Congragulations! You have caught a Ho-Oh!*

rageface.jpg

Hahahahaha!Ironcly the same thing happened to me on my friend's HeartGold but it was with a great ball!

Killer_Flygon

Derping around with the Elite Four.

Alder's Accelgor used Me First
Accelgor used Earthquake
Remilia (Gliscor) is immune
Remilia used Earthquake
OHKO enemy Accelgor
Trainer Hijiri proceeds to sweep Alder's entire team with just Remilia.

TrueRanger

I remember this one time, I was fighting the champion in Pokemon Ruby. Steven was down to his Metagross, and I only had my Blaziken left. I thought I got it in the bag, till he critical hit me into red. I was like, NOOOOOOOOOO.

Then Blaze activated, so I used Blaze Kick. Then, by some god-like stroke of luck, I also got a critical hit. 1 hit ko'ed. :D I nearly cried.

The first time I got a Pokemon with Sheer Cold was a Walrein, and so I went and tried it out. I ran out all 5 PP over a couple of battles and hit every single time. It's funny, cause now I have the kind of luck where I could max out the PP and have 8 shots and not hit a single one.

garren

kitties will rule
i dont know why but the 1 hit ko movies always hit for me lol, and i had a shiny ho oh appear before me in gold version, i have no clue how to this day but it was a critical hit and it killed it......

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Well, I've been playing pokemon science FR/LG. Never once found a shiny, unless you count the LOR gyarados. I get white, and I find a shiny mienfoo. knowing Mienshao has competititve use, I look at the ability. Inner Focus. Next, I look at the IV's. STRAIGHT 1's. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Well, I've been playing pokemon science FR/LG. Never once found a shiny, unless you count the LOR gyarados. I get white, and I find a shiny mienfoo. knowing Mienshao has competititve use, I look at the ability. Inner Focus. Next, I look at the IV's. STRAIGHT 1's. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh my Arceus, that must have sucked. D:

AlexBW

Better, though...
I was playing my Pokemon White in the Giant Chasm to catch Kyurem, I wasn't paying attention when a Shinie Metagross apearred, I was so surpised that I touch the run button :'(

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
Caught a shiny Psyduck in Platinum and caught a shing Boldore on White.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Leaving a Paras in the Day care center on Leaf Green and realising that it's level 32, and then leveling it up to level 33 and it evolves into a Parasect!

Forgetting pays off sometimes :).

shelldude400

Well there was the time back in crystal version where I was fighting lance and typlhosion was my last pokemon and it ran out of PP for everything except cut(I was a noob back then :3) and he was using his dragonite and then I just hit him with cut and he got K'0d :D
Back in emerald I found a shiny Swampart... in the battle factory. I rented it cuz it was shiny xD
Then when I started playing soul silver I found a shiny rattata straight off at the bellsprout tower. First shiny I ever captured... :D
Then of course, after I have moved ALL my old pokemon onto SS and I had the shinies and stuff, the game deleted it's own save file and I lost them all -.- Oh the irony...
Then in White, it's always hilarious to throw a quick ball at Zekrom and insta-catch.. :)
Also in white when I was capturing Terrakion, I spammed dusk balls and never cought him. Ran out, loaded again, captured by a quick ball :3 Same thing happened with virizion xD
I just remembered something that REALLY annoyed me back in emerald.
I was in the battle factory versing Noland for the 3rd time or something, and we both had one pokemon left and they were both an aerodactyl. My aerodactyl was on over half hp, his was on yellow/orange, and I was faster than him, and I used rock slide. It missed, this he used rock slide and got a critical hit and I lost. That annoyed me so much and I gave up on the battle frontier... Still never beat Noland...
Pokemon games truly are the unexpected!