• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Out of 40 Ultra Balls, only the very last one caught Articuno.

Hm.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Last night i was trying to catch Kyogre in heart gold.i needed him for my shiny Rayquaza quest.i got a superior one in a great ball.it is near flawless.yay!!!^-^
note:i don't RNG

poke-him-on

Overweight Bystander
I first saw my first shiny pokemon, magnetmite, in emerald. I thought my game was ****ing up so i quickly turned it off and turned it back on. Ohhh what a mistake. I liked how he looked like gold instead of silver.

LOOOOOOOOOOL ..... WHAT A MASSIVE MISTAKE , I would of cried if that was me, a shiny magnemite is SMEXY!!!!!;081;

poke-him-on

Overweight Bystander
My brother is the biggest hack on the world i swear to ****ing god....

Im attempting to catch any legie than after like 20-50 ultra balls, he says lemme have a try at catching a pokemon, and the ball he uses always catches it.... its bs...

Ryboy

Skyla Fanboy!!!!!
I restarted both my ruby (about like 3-4 months ago) and my sapphire (today) for the nostalgia feeling and whatnot and both times i chose a random starter and they were both female on the first try..on ruby it was mudkip and sapphire it was torchic

richm88

shiny hunter
not long ago ,to help fill some of my pokedex i decided to send a few pokemon off heartgold onto my black via pokemon transfer.anyway i needed a natu so i went through the cave before the slowpoke well to get to a certain area of ruins of alph,as i was going through the cave out pops a shiny sandshrew so i caught that and sent it over to black

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
A few days ago I battled a guy and he used all legendaries and I used 3 pokemon and beat him. I didn't use legendaries either. I found it funny.

Torosiken

This is a title.
I just play my SS a while ago. (I am so late XD)
And it was my first time surfing in that place... going from olivine to cianwood....

of all weirdness... only four wild appeared... ouo''
And three of them are tentacruels with tentacool being last ouo''

aclover

VICTORiOUS
Hunting for a Shiny Tympole via RE's...
and ending up finding a Shiny Timburr. >.>

I was playing Ruby on a GameBoy Advance a while ago and I was quite inexperienced. I was trying to catch Rayquaza.

I weakened him a bit first and then started throwing Ultra balls. I caught it in 4. I was so shocked. I was really in a good mood and I started dancing. My finger slipped. Power off. I sat there staring at the screen dumbfounded. My friend who was quietly playing his own game simply said ″I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before″

I started the game up again and I had saved just prior luckily. Same tactic and this time I caught it in 2. What are the chances?! I had learned my lesson and I made sure it was saved.

Talking about being unlucky I'm writing thison my 3DS and while writing halfway through the story I pressed cancel. I've written this paragraph 1.5x now. lol

AmericanPi

Write on
I was playing Ruby on a GameBoy Advance a while ago and I was quite inexperienced. I was trying to catch Rayquaza.

I weakened him a bit first and then started throwing Ultra balls. I caught it in 4. I was so shocked. I was really in a good mood and I started dancing. My finger slipped. Power off. I sat there staring at the screen dumbfounded. My friend who was quietly playing his own game simply said ″I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before″

I started the game up again and I had saved just prior luckily. Same tactic and this time I caught it in 2. What are the chances?! I had learned my lesson and I made sure it was saved.

Talking about being unlucky I'm writing thison my 3DS and while writing halfway through the story I pressed cancel. I've written this paragraph 1.5x now. lol

Lucky... I always have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to catching legendaries. They always take at least 15 Ultra Balls, and (in friggin' Virizion's case) a LOT more. :mad:

But still, congratulations. You should be grateful of your good luck. ;)

garren

kitties will rule
Lucky... I always have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to catching legendaries. They always take at least 15 Ultra Balls, and (in friggin' Virizion's case) a LOT more. :mad:

But still, congratulations. You should be grateful of your good luck. ;)

virizion wirless never gives me any trouble when trying to get it lol. anyways in all seriousness, i ran into a shiny ho oh in gold, threw a masterball at it then my batteries died.......

G50

No longer posting
I've had instances where I'll only have 30-40 Ultraballs, yet each time I go after a Legendary Pokemon, it doesn't capture til the last Ultraball.

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
Caught Kyogre with a Great Ball in only 2 turns.
Best. Legendary. Battle. Ever :D

dewey911p

primus inter pares
While trying to catch Reshiram i paralyzed it, got it down to about 25% HP and threw a Great ball. It was a critical capture and yet Reshiram still broke free. So i threw a second Great ball but this time it wasnt critical.. Nonetheless i still caught it. Why in the world would a critical capture fail and then a regular throw work lol

levigu

Sheer Cold hitting three times in a row in a Lv100 Wi-Fi battle.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I was on the super double subway and hilberts Cryogonal killed the foes with his sheer cold almost every time.:D

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Something just happened earlier on HG.

*Playing HeartGold*

Alright, now that I have the SquirtBottle, I'll keep this Sudowoodo from blocking the path.

A wild Sudowoodo appeared!

Alright, now... Wait, why does it look--

*twinkle*

HOLY CRAP!

I caught it with a Great Ball after about a ten-minute battle.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Something just happened earlier on HG.

*Playing HeartGold*

Alright, now that I have the SquirtBottle, I'll keep this Sudowoodo from blocking the path.

A wild Sudowoodo appeared!

Alright, now... Wait, why does it look--

*twinkle*

HOLY CRAP!

I caught it with a Great Ball after about a ten-minute battle.

Well, congratulations on catching a Shiny Sudowoodo! What gender, ability and nature did it have?