• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic things that happened while playing pokemon

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
Klingklang used Automize
Reuniclus used Psychic!
Critical Hit!
Reuniclus Used its Quick Claw!
Reuniclus Used Focus Blast!
Its Super Effective!
It was against the final boss in the single Battle Subway and I won...

PsychicPsycho

I got lucky with Voltorb Flip recently. I was just playing it to kill time, and ended up on lvl. 8 (to get to lvl. 8 and have to win 5 straight games). I was able to win twice from there.

LittleMunchlax

Master in Training
I once got three legit shinies in one day. 2 by battling(mamoswine and jynx), 1 by trade (Aron Lvl.70).
I...was...INVINSABLE!!!!(...WAS).

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
PO Smogon server and someone challenged me with my Metronome team against Dream World ubers

Hitmonchan used Metronome!
Hitmonchan used Guiltione!

It's a OHKO!

I was laughing so hard :3

PsychicPsycho

I once got three legit shinies in one day. 2 by battling(mamoswine and jynx), 1 by trade (Aron Lvl.70).
I...was...INVINSABLE!!!!(...WAS).
That's pretty sweet. The fastest I've got shinies was like 2 weeks apart- I found a shiny Tropius first, then a Scraggy later on.

Also lucky was finding a shiny Roselia 4 into a chain.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
1) Snorlax used Metronome. Snorlax used Self Destruct!

2) I go up to Drifloon on a random Friday, think to myself "Watch it'll be a shiny", the battle starts and I see it's shiny.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Only shiny i've ever seen is a magikarp when i was hunting for feebas in Ruby. This sucks cause i instantly thought "red Gyrados awesome!" Evolve it, then later that day remember that you get it in pokemon Gold/silver regularly.

Getting a Critical Capture against a Zekrom in my first encounter with it on white. Then again, I did use a Quick Ball, so...*shrugs*

wobbanut

Team Awesome
"I got lucky with Voltorb Flip recently. I was just playing it to kill time, and ended up on lvl. 8 (to get to lvl. 8 and have to win 5 straight games). I was able to win twice from there."

Geez, you're lucky, I'm having no luck playing that game. I can't get beyond level three. Now, if it was like Minesweeper and told how many voltorbs were around the number, I'd sweep the game.

Last edited:
"I got lucky with Voltorb Flip recently. I was just playing it to kill time, and ended up on lvl. 8 (to get to lvl. 8 and have to win 5 straight games). I was able to win twice from there."

Geez, you're lucky, I'm having no luck playing that game. I can't get beyond level three. Now, if it was like Minesweeper and told how many voltorbs were around the number, I'd sweep the game.

I have no luck with VF either. I can barely get past lvl. 2

Demysta

After I gave up my efforts to SR for a Shiny Snivy, I decided to get on with the storyline and catch a few Pokemon and I walk into a patch of grass and think, "Hey wouldn't it be funny if I found a shiny Blitzle? ... OH MY GODDDDDD IT'S A SHINY FREAKING BLITZLE!"

I was only one hour into the game and had only a few balls. I got lucky and caught it. :') First shiny in Black, and hopefully not my last!

nyttyn

When I was a kid, I had my clefairy use metronome while I was training it for the KO on a pokemon. Mind you this was the first time I ever used the move.

It used fling. It was holding a EXP Share.

I used fling. I was holding a gameboy.

I ended up capturing two shiny Golbat in two seperate games. I was like...wut. Seriously, the first shiny in the 5th gen is the same one I got years ago in Leafgreen. It's like the games don't want me to get a 4th gen or 5th gen shiny, so just shoves another green bat in my face.

I caught a shiny Golbat in Platinum. One trip to the Elite Four later, and boom! Shiny Crobat. No big deal. A shiny's awesome, no matter what 'mon it is.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I ended up capturing two shiny Golbat in two seperate games. I was like...wut. Seriously, the first shiny in the 5th gen is the same one I got years ago in Leafgreen. It's like the games don't want me to get a 4th gen or 5th gen shiny, so just shoves another green bat in my face.

Why is that a bad thing? A shiny is a shiny. Other than the Red Gyrados, I've only run into one shiny ever. It was also the one time I didn't have Poke balls.

pseudoman

A few weeks ago i was on pokemon online battling this guy in an ubers battle. I was going o finish him off with a 3-0 finish when he starts to call me very dispicable names. On the last turn he then declares that my team sucks and that i was a noob, which was kind of funny coming from the person i was beating.

Around 3 hours later i was using my other account with a different team when i run into that guy again with a poorly made version of the team i was using earlier to beat him. I ended up with a 4-0 this time because i knew when he was going to do a certain move and when because it was basically the same team but with worse movesets and probably a lack of EV's.

DMerle

Guess who's back
A few weeks ago i was on pokemon online battling this guy in an ubers battle. I was going o finish him off with a 3-0 finish when he starts to call me very dispicable names. On the last turn he then declares that my team sucks and that i was a noob, which was kind of funny coming from the person i was beating.

Around 3 hours later i was using my other account with a different team when i run into that guy again with a poorly made version of the team i was using earlier to beat him. I ended up with a 4-0 this time because i knew when he was going to do a certain move and when because it was basically the same team but with worse movesets and probably a lack of EV's.

Haha that's hilarious, I've had people insult me on P.O then ask for my team before lol.

tomjames1966

I've had two good things happen to me.

1. In Pokemon Heartgold I was trying to train all my Pokemon to Lv. 60. Meanwhile my brother was looking for a Pikachu with Light Ball (He had a whole box full of the things).
I was going through some tall grass and a Pikachu appeared. Now this was my first time passing through Viridian forest so I had caught one yet. So I caught and guess what.
It had a Light Ball :).

2. In the same game but before the previous event, I had just reached the Battle Frontier for the first time, most of my team had been previously made (I picked a bunch of Pokemon from my old boxes, bred them so they were level 1 evolved a few who needed items to evolve and traded them to Heartgold.) so I didn't have any Flawless Pokemon that I knew of. I talked to the IV guy in the Battle Tower and I had a MAX ATTACK IVed WEAVILE! I was so surprised.

That was pretty much all that was Funny, Lucky and/or Ironic that happened to me.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I was looking for a Feebas in that one cave (I think) in Diamond, and a shiny Whiscash appeared. I was all "Holy ****!" and Whiscash was all "derp", then I was like "Let's catch this thing", then Whiscash was all "derpy derp". I was in fifth grade and lazy at the time, so I used a hacked Master Ball on the thing.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
When I was a kid, I had my clefairy use metronome while I was training it for the KO on a pokemon. Mind you this was the first time I ever used the move.

It used fling. It was holding a EXP Share.

I used fling. I was holding a gameboy.

That's terrible, I remember that happening once in Pearl or Diamond where I had a Clefairy use Metronome, turned into Fling and chucked her Lucky Egg away.

R.I.P. Lucky Egg, now I will gain less experience.