• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny Mistakes youve made.Or seen others make.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
I accidently went in the boys' locker room in gymnastics at school on April 1st due to someone swapping the girls/boys rooms signs for April Fools. They were like, 11 irate guys running after me. Culprit for swapping signs was never caught...

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
When I was seven I had a dream where I got grounded and when I woke up I thought I was actually grounded and my mom was really confused why I hadn’t watched tv or anything that day.

Sometimes I have dreams like that, and they feel so real that I sometimes think they actually happened.

I accidently went in the boys' locker room in gymnastics at school on April 1st due to someone swapping the girls/boys rooms signs for April Fools. They were like, 11 irate guys running after me. Culprit for swapping signs was never caught...

I think something similar happened to me once when I was at school. I just went into the bathroom, not seeing the boys' sign on the door. Then I started seeing these weird egg-shaped things on the walls, something the girls' toilets didn't have (I'm also a girl). That was when I realized I was in the boys' toilets. Yeah... pretty embarrassing. :oops:

Also, when you're drawing on the computer, do you ever draw something and then realize you were drawing on the wrong layer the whole time? That's happened to me a few times. :rolleyes:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Last week I was dropping groceries off at my Moms house and she had recently purchased a switch lite and was playing a Pokemon game I had loaned her (Lets Go Eevee) I checked to see what she was do g and she had just reached Viridian Forest.I suddenly saw a shiny Coterie appear and told her to catch it.She said "No I already have that Pokemon I don't need two plus he is weak"I tried to tell her that its a shiny which are very rare and different colors.But she thought I was messing with her.I told her to pause her game and I googled it to show her.But when she unpaused the game it despawned.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Have you ever accidentally walked into a mirror or a pane of reflective glass thinking the room continued down there? I have, quite a few times. I've also tried pulling doors marked "push" and pushing doors marked "pull". :oops:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Spelling and grammar mistakes amuse me when they are made by people who claim to be “educated.” It is even more hilarious if the person is being racist in a way and complaining about immigrants not speaking English and the complainer makes all sorts of grammatical errors. One person replied to a comment I made on YouTube and it was insulting towards me and disrespected me but I had to laugh at this guy’s stupidity because he asked “how can you survive in a first world country. With all this modern technology.” You want to talk about technology, Mr. Think He’s So Smart? How about you learn about proper grammar and how to use auto correct?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Spelling and grammar mistakes amuse me when they are made by people who claim to be “educated.” It is even more hilarious if the person is being racist in a way and complaining about immigrants not speaking English and the complainer makes all sorts of grammatical errors. One person replied to a comment I made on YouTube and it was insulting towards me and disrespected me but I had to laugh at this guy’s stupidity because he asked “how can you survive in a first world country. With all this modern technology.” You want to talk about technology, Mr. Think He’s So Smart? How about you learn about proper grammar and how to use auto correct?

Yes, this sort of thing can be quite amusing. As someone with an English degree and is extremely attentive to details, I can spot misspellings and incorrect grammar very quickly. But when it comes to the internet, I get more irritated than amused as such mistakes. I am constantly seeing people that either have a severely shocking lack of knowledge regarding the English language or just care so little that they are fine with such aggravatingly obvious mistakes. I am not really talking about people who use too much chatspeak, abbreviations, or similar issues. I mean people who use incorrect wording and grammar that goes against the sort that is seriously drilled into pretty much everyone in developed society at ages below teen years. It is like, if you are just going to ignore (or forget) such important fundamentals of communication, why are you even trying? (I swear those people who type stuff like "I was en a rase with my broter were we roled down a hill and evry time I would loose bcause my broher cheted" need to stop posting on the internet until they can communicate in a coherent manner...)

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
One time in college, I was part of the history club and we would take trips to museums and the like. Well one place we went to was an American Civil War Museum. My fellow peers and I were walking around the museum. It was a fairly small group with one Professor so we pretty much stayed together during our walk through of the museum.

Suddenly there was a crash like glass breaking and like 3 fellow students came running from around the corner where the sound was coming from.

"Something just broke! I think somebody broke something!" Someone shouted.

Turns out though, nothing really broke at all. The sound was nothing but a short audio that was playing on a loop at one of the displays. We realized when we heard the same crash again about 5 minutes later. After realizing, it was definitely funny but before not so much.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Yes, this sort of thing can be quite amusing. As someone with an English degree and is extremely attentive to details, I can spot misspellings and incorrect grammar very quickly. But when it comes to the internet, I get more irritated than amused as such mistakes. I am constantly seeing people that either have a severely shocking lack of knowledge regarding the English language or just care so little that they are fine with such aggravatingly obvious mistakes. I am not really talking about people who use too much chatspeak, abbreviations, or similar issues. I mean people who use incorrect wording and grammar that goes against the sort that is seriously drilled into pretty much everyone in developed society at ages below teen years. It is like, if you are just going to ignore (or forget) such important fundamentals of communication, why are you even trying? (I swear those people who type stuff like "I was en a rase with my broter were we roled down a hill and evry time I would loose bcause my broher cheted" need to stop posting on the internet until they can communicate in a coherent manner...)

Yeah, those kinds of people are funny but also pretty irritating. I always take much amusement when people who want immigrants to "speak English" badly mangle the English language themselves. :D

Wouldnt you see yourself in the mirror though?

Yeah, but I wasn't really looking where I was going when it happened, I just thought the room continued down there. I guess it's kind of like in the Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons where the Coyote paints a realistic-looking scene onto a rock, hoping the Roadrunner will crash into it. (Except, of course, the Roadrunner runs right through it without any difficulty, but the Coyote gets a taste of his own medicine.) :p