• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny PokéStop/Gym Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Funny PokéStop/Gym Locations

In this thread you can share with others the funny/weird PokéStops and Gym locations you have seen while hunting Pokémon. Screenshots aren't necessary but are highly recommended. I'll share some to start off.

I was going to Red Robin for dinner and this appeared as one. But all I see is a blank sign.

This was in the mall I frequent at. I guess Niantic really likes chickens.

I guess this can be considered a PokéStop since it's big and all...

Not sure if funny or not but how is one supposed to get near a MISSLE out of all things?

Rakurai

There's a bird sanctuary on an island about 50 feet offshore of the local beach that's a gym.

It doesn't seem to change hands very often due to the fact that reaching it is rather inconvenient. You'd need to swim/row out there yourself if you want to use it.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
shoutout to r/sh*ttypokestops

i haven't seen too many weird ones yet, but a couple cemeteries i've seen have had funny names/descriptions.
college towns normally have some good ones (especially art installations/sculptures).

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
My church is a gym :D

there are alot of churchs that are gyms and I noticed alot of people are kinda mad about it being there >.> I know a few churchs are banning people coming there to the gym...I haven't experience a strange gym place yet but I will post when I do find one XD

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Ants Live.

It use to be a garden/greenery business, called "PLANTS ALIVE", but it shut down and after so many years letters because to fall of so it showed as "ANTS LIVE". The description says what it use to be, but then goes on to say that now nothing but ants live here. It's be funnier if I had a picture, but I don't.

However, the sign is in actuality no longer there, it's another business that specializes in like yard work or something. I don't know.

Sketchie

literally some guy
I am surrounded by gyms and pokestops. Why, you ask?

Because I live in Utah Valley and there are LDS churches everywhere.

There are three wards that share my building -- my ward is Valor, the other two are Mystic and Instinct. Currently, Valor owns my building and we defend it fiercely.

The Salt Lake LDS Temple is also a gym. Who owns it, you ask? THAT'S RIGHT. VALOR. (I'm 80% sure God's team Valor.)

Vroomer

The overflow drain at the lake at Furman University is a gym.

The koi pond by the lake there is also a gym.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
There's one in my town called:

"You are here bench"

thanks bench, i would've never guessed that

Burumun

The post office in the next town over is a pokéstop, which is weird because... it's just a post office. And not a great one at that. Parking there is always horrible, because there are only ~5 parking spots (at least one of which is handicap parking, I think, so essentially, for us it's 4).

I'm also convinced that ~50% of the pokéstops in Vienna are facade decorations. Some of them are pretty nice, but still...

There's also one at a strip mall near my house that I'm partially convinced is just "shop" in some other language.

msKrystel

The retirement home in my town is a Pokémon Gym. And the cemetery in my town is a Pokéstop, maybe a bit disrespectful? Because when I click on the Pokéstop it says 'War cemetery'.

Dragon11

I am surrounded by gyms and pokestops. Why, you ask?

Because I live in Utah Valley and there are LDS churches everywhere.

There are three wards that share my building -- my ward is Valor, the other two are Mystic and Instinct. Currently, Valor owns my building and we defend it fiercely.

The Salt Lake LDS Temple is also a gym. Who owns it, you ask? THAT'S RIGHT. VALOR. (I'm 80% sure God's team Valor.)

I know how you feel because I also live in the Utah valley!!!!

Gizmoa

There's a bird sanctuary on an island about 50 feet offshore of the local beach that's a gym.

It doesn't seem to change hands very often due to the fact that reaching it is rather inconvenient. You'd need to swim/row out there yourself if you want to use it.

You should think about putting in a removal ticket for that one, people should not be going to those islands.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Not weird, but all pokestops (6) and gyms (2) are concentrated in the same area in my town (really small town). Our town is known for our yearly Novena at Monument Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption, and all but 2 pokestops are on the monument's grounds. The first gym is at the entrance, while the second one is at one of the stations of the Stations of the Cross behind the monument.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
alright I just found a strange stop not to far from my house >.> its a back alley way with a church there in the alley >.> that so weird to have a pokestop not alone a church as well >.>

Rakurai

You should think about putting in a removal ticket for that one, people should not be going to those islands.

Going to the island isn't illegal, and it's actually a popular fishing spot.

The authorities simply ask visitors to be discreet and not disturb the seabirds in their burrows (Which are clearly marked and surrounded with rope fences).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
our main funny one is the cemetery that has 5 pokestops and a pokegym in it so everyone just gathers there and sits on the ground.
It's the St Boniface graveyard with Louie Riel's grave site and a big cathedral thingy,
although I think someone may have said something because this last week has been REALLY dull there.
and I was having so much fun playing pokemon go on top of dead people :(

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I have a historical graveyard in my town and several of the gravestones are Pokestops. I can't bring myself to play there because I don't want to be disrespectful.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I found this super ridiculous one outside of my doctors office this morning, I was totally aware this existed but I kinda hate that it's a Pokestop.

Moose statue, there's a moose statue at an outlet mall near where I live that's a gym. I swear that it took ~5 minutes for the gyms to continue switching hands from every single team. I stood there and watched my phone going berserk... gym up, gym down, gym up, gym down. That's one popular gym. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.