• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny Pokemon experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikapalo

I was wondering if anyone had similar funny pokemon experiences like me? For instance, on the original red version for the original gameboy I decided to train my Oddish to evolve quickly while fighting the Elite Four. In the end, I ended up beating Lance with a level 20 Oddish by spamming sleep powder, and absorb. I also caught Mewtwo with one pokeball my second time through the game

Farmermon

Is back once again!
haha nice! I remember wasting my masterball on skarmory in crystal, and my brother once saying in red "look its a doduo, thats legendary use the masterball!" so i did because i was only six... lol

Oh...I remember in Ruby I didn't know you could go under the cycling road. For at least a week I was just stuck, and the farthest I could go was Slateport. I finally figured it out eventually, but GOSH I felt like such an idiot.

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
i wasted my masterball on a golduck once...
also i trained my golbat up to lvl 50 by the time i got my 4th badge beacuase i wntd it to evolve...winded up evolving at lvl 69

TheLeviathan

Has left forever.
I hath failed...

I wasted my Master ball on Articuno in Pokemon fire red (although obviously not as big of a waste as a golduck or a skarmory :p.

Whilst fighting Regice in Pokemon Emerald I had one ultra ball left, and I told myself "ha! I won't get it! I had gotten lousy shakes on all of the others!"

And guess what...

I caught it.

When fighting random trainers sometimes, I predict critical hits...

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
i had tried to 1 pokemon my firered when i was seven(when i was a n00b) and my charizard lost to lorelei. then i went to 1 island to catch pokes.and i thought machokes and persians would help me XD

Unown Master

I am Christmas......
A long time ago, before I lost my Ruby, I was up against Regirock, got it down to 1hp and used up about 50 ultra balls, 26 great balls, and everything else I had except a single pokeball. So I decided to watch it pop out one last time then I would murder it for being so stubborn, and what do you know, I caught it. My expression at the time: =O

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
A long time ago, before I lost my Ruby, I was up against Regirock, got it down to 1hp and used up about 50 ultra balls, 26 great balls, and everything else I had except a single pokeball. So I decided to watch it pop out one last time then I would murder it for being so stubborn, and what do you know, I caught it. My expression at the time: =O
Same happened to me, but with Regice.

I was battling Cynthia and it was garchomp vs. torterra. It used giga impact, which of course criticsl hits, and leaves me with 1 hp. I used earthquake and K.O.'ed it!

Mankanshoku Mako

I wasted my Master ball on Articuno in Pokemon fire red (although obviously not as big of a waste as a golduck or a skarmory :p.

Whilst fighting Regice in Pokemon Emerald I had one ultra ball left, and I told myself "ha! I won't get it! I had gotten lousy shakes on all of the others!"

And guess what...

I caught it.

When fighting random trainers sometimes, I predict critical hits...

Oh god the legendary thing. Every time I try and catch one they make use every pokeball but one before catching therefore wasting lots of money.

Pikapalo

Lol. I forgot to mention I held down and b until recently. Read it in a magazine, but I noticed it didn't seem to work at all in Diamond and Pearl. Turns out it never worked. When I played Diamond I actually finished the game in 100 hours because I was too busy planting berries to trade for accessories.

PsychicPsycho

Catching legends with a pokeball is always annoying. They break out of ultra balls or whatever without shaking at all then get caught in a pokeball. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Recently when I was SRing trying to catch Mesprit, I caught it with the first ultra ball I threw (after weakening it & making it sleep, of course). The next time I caught it in the first few. Later on I caught it with the first ball again.

When I went looking for a lucky egg in FR/LG, I brought along a Yanma with compoundeyes, so I'd find more Chansey holding eggs. I ended up getting one on the second chansey I caught. I've learned since that abilities like compoundeyes don't work in the field in FR/LG, so I must've gotten extremely lucky.

There was a weird coincidence in a super contest for me once. I generally don't see anyone pick the same judge, but once it happened like this:
1st round: don't remember
2nd round: everyone picks the same
3rd round everyone but one picks the same
4th round: everyone picks the same

Probably the weirdest coincidence for me came in the battle frontier. I was battling with my Dragonite and finished off the opponent with the move Outrage. When she came up to talk after the battle she said 'I refuse to accept that outrage!'. It made me laugh a bit.

ToonLinkBrawler

Legendary Hunter
Caught Zapdos AND Mewtwo with a Poké Ball in LG -_-

Hmm... I think that's it, but before I go...

Prof. Oak said:
I came when I'd heard you'd beaten the ELITE FOUR!
Hehehe

Zeddokun

My experience is happening right now. I just got the membership key event or whatever for Darkrai and immediately rush to the hotel. Now I'm stuck with a team of high-leveled Pokemon and 151 Poke Balls via getting Premier Balls. The only move I have to give it a status condition is Toxic... SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChaRichard

<--- WOOT WOOT!!
My mate once said that in fr/lg mew2 can break out of a master ball so I said id save my masterball 4 something elss. so i get right in front of mew2 and baTTle him. and guess wat? I only had one pokeball! so i thought "hell, why not? throw the SOB."

I CAUGHT IT!!!!!!!!

Flare64

Proud Gen III Fan
One time, in Firered I had an egg I was trying to hatch in Fuschia City. It started to hatch right in front of the Safari Zone wardens window. So there was a text box saying "huh?". Of course I was 12, so I had strange thoughts XP

anand88

Banned
I just can't explain. What's better than a Pokemon that can use Heat wave or Blast Burn? In my Pokemon Diamond, my Lv 46 Charizard killed the Elite four's Lv 61 (It was Lv 61, 62, 63 or 64... I dont remember...) Bronzong without healing!!! Amazing stuff, Charizards.
===========================================================
Life insurance Quote Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.