• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny pokemon nicknames during wifi battles

AmericanPi

Write on
How is that possible? I thought nicknames were blocked on WiFi battles. All Pokemon in WiFi battles show their species names, IIRC.

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
i think they mean wifi CLUB battles articuno.

my friend named his regigigas regibigass

i named my weezing big balls

and my kingler mr.krabs

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
my friend always wanted to name his pidgey butts. you know how pidgey learns gust.. xDD

Unorthodox

The PO ubers fanboy
I always name my arceus "gramps."

(damn, son... Gramps got game!)

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
On a more tasteful note, I once fought a guy on PBR who named his team after the FF13 crew. He had to have hacked, since nicknames don't show up in PBR Wi-Fi, but at least it was something resembling clever.

Jolteon = Lightning
Feralgatr = Snow
Togetic = Hope
Cherrim = Vanille

... I forgot the other two.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
A Muk nicnamed muk.. backwards

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Someone had a female haxorus named Xion

charizardmaster125

There was a Weezing I saw on YouTube called "I miss James" - a definate nod to the anime there.

Flame Mistress

On Random Matchup, this guy's Pokémon had the nicknames "Yo", "Mama", "Is", "A", "F***in" (without the asterisks), and "N*ggar" (again, without the asterisk), in that order.

Um.

TrueRanger

I named my chatot Omegle. :) It feels nice to talk to it.

cantab

Someone had a female haxorus named Xion

I'm surprised you remembered that. I have a male Haxorus named Axel, though I've never taken it on Wifi.

I'll also admit to having considered using a team of six Unown to spell out "W A N K E R", though if random WiFi has species clause that won't work.

ProjectTitan313

Fire breathing moth
Used to name my Machamp "Mah Champ". That was back on Emerald before I knew what natures did though. Poor thing was Gentle.
A shiny Electrode named "Great Ball".
And a Lapras named "Nessie" (Loch Ness Monster).