• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny quotes

• Thread starter Deleted member 384931
  • Start date

Sham

The Guardian of War
Say whatever you will of 4kids but goddam they had the best dialouges
Agreed. They definitely did a sufficient job converting Japanese humor into something more palatable for viewers in America. The problem is when they were adding in their own plot points and dialogues that was never there to begin with.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Yeah much better than the newer dialogue from TPCi which is mostly word puns and not any actual funny jokes.

I agree that 4Kids was better at giving the dub characters funnier lines than TPCi is, especially during the OS saga, although sometimes I wonder if it was also a case of early series syndrome since the earlier episodes tended to be more whimsical and amusing than later entries.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Flashyspark said:
Quick! It's coming! Dance like an eggplant! - James in one of the old episodes can't remember which

I believe that quote is from AG104 [the giant Nendoll episode] said in the English dub during the scene where Satoshi and Kojirou tried to lure the Nendoll by dressing up as eggplants.

Observer

Mostly watching
Jesse: We have no appointment but we've been having some trouble.

James: So prescribe us some ointment on the double.

Jesse: To protect us from all that chafing and itching.

James: It might stop all of Jesse's.... Complaining.

Jesse: To eradicate the evils of athletes feet.

James: Maybe I can get rid of my prickly heat!

Jesse.

James.

Jesse: Team Rocket's been scratching at the speed of light!

James: So give us some salve or we'll never sleep tonight!

Meowth: Meowth, dat's right!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I feel like we should do a PAD funniest quotes instead of quotes from the actual anime. This forum has had some gems over the years that I've saved:

"if you find episodes about three random kids and a Dunsparce and two separate Pidgey fillers as memorable, be my guest."

“I’d like to see how you justify bringing one Pokémon to a gym battle and forgetting the sex of his Snivy as ‘Ash trying something new’ Unless the ‘new thing’ that he tried is huffing paint fumes right before a gym battle, I can’t imagine what it is.”

"I mean it was probably a kiss but you never know - Serena could have whispered "blast burn" in Ash's ear"

“We’re talking about a franchise that has to edit casual depictions of alcoholic beverages into juice on a wedding episode”

"If it's Thicc Wicke then this battle could be sicc"

"And to think the main discussion of the last battle of a league final would be Wobbuffet's main move"

"Alolan Persian killing Stoutland sounds quite gruesome- but I wouldn't rule it out."

Anyway, back on topic, even though every time she said it wasn't always funny, I find this compilation funny:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Does anyone what Dawn is actually saying when she says “no need to worry” in the original?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
From The Ghost at Maidens Peak (Going by Memory):

James: Ugh! Everywhere I got it seems I'm tormented by some crazy woman! It's a curse!

Jessie: Whom do you mean?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That XY028 episode with TRio disguising themselves as the twerps, when they met a boy with a Pancham.
Boy: I've never seen a Pikachu floating like that (at the disguised Inkay).
James: It can because we did alot of special training. (imitating Ash's antics)

TheCrazyMaster

You know, there was this one time Max roasted Brock regarding his lovelife and Brock began beating a tree saying something like "why are children so cruel?!" but I can't remember for the life of me what Max told him. All I remember was that it was hilarious.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
From The Ghost at Maidens Peak (Going by Memory):

James: Ugh! Everywhere I got it seems I'm tormented by some crazy woman! It's a curse!

Jessie: Whom do you mean?
You could just quote that whole episode really.

Brock: Ah, that cliff is the perfect spot for our first meeting.
Misty: Yeah, right after she meets you, she can jump off.