• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

funny/stupid things you have done on your first pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fel_pheonix

<= "I can see you"
hello people.
Remember your first pokemon game if it was red blue yellow gold or silver
and you didnt have a clue what to do most of the time and did something that if you look back now was pretty stupid or funny to remember.
please share your memories with everyone.

Me first with a stupid and fun thing on pokemon red

1.Got lost and confused after i got HM01 cut my venasaur was lev 40 when i figured i had to use cut on a tree.
2.Threw my masterball at a ponyta in the pokemon mansion
3.I used my venasaur all the time (even at blaines fire pokemon) so when i completed to elite 4 i had a lev 93 venasuar

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
FIRST POST!!!!!

On my first pokemon game - Sapphire

I didnt know how to move out of the second town (you have to battle your rival) and by the time i asked my friend what to do i had a LV. 25 Grovyle!!!

Last edited:

the master123

Ive Gotta bad feelin
For me it will have to be on my pokemon gold.
I started with a Totadile and i captured about 3 other pokemon ( cant remember what they were ) and i totally forgot about them and i was just using Totadile all trough the game!

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
When I got Saphire version when I was little, I couldn't get out of littleroot town cause I thought May was a magnet and didn't talk to her till I finally figured it out.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I once bought 5 pokéballs in gold because I didn't know another way to get them.

pokemaster001

there was another thread like this, but oh well...
I chose water pokemon from blue to sapphire because I thought that water was stronger to grass than grass was to fire and fire was to water
I learned everything there was to know about the game before starting it (oh look, the cave's open, mewtwo's inside you know)
the infinite rare candies cheat
liking pikachu
getting a lvl. 90 mew as a starter... yeah this wasn't in my first game but I should really say that
evolving pokemon as soon as I could (a lvl. 3 clefable, ever tried that?)
and that's about it

also, this should go into the pokepolls forum, like the last one

When I first played Yellow version, I made Pikachu forget thundershock so it could learn strength.

Big mistake.

Jessie&James

Beautiful...
My first Pokemon game is Yellow version. For some reason, I thought that shaking my gameboy when catching a Pokemon makes it easier to capture Pokemon. So one day when I attempted to catch a Chansey at the Safari Zone... yes, I shook my Gameboy violently against the mattress and broke my Yellow version. I think I was 5 or 6 years old when I did that...

Doti

Wat
My first game was good 'ole Red, I remember teaching my Tentacruel Blizzard and using it in an almost OCD fashion against Blaine's Arcanine. Still won, though.

Then, I made my way to Indigo Plateau without getting the Thunderbadge, needless to say I couldn't pass through. It took me a while to even think about cutting that little tree in the back of Vermillion's Gym.

Also, in Blue, I remember getting stuck somehow in Cerulean, so I spent my days training my Pokémon in that little patch of grass west of Nugget Bridge. When I finally got through, my team's levels were all in their 50's. And I had already cleared Red, so I can't possibly imagine just how I managed to get stuck there.

Probably much, much more, but I can't recall them all right now.

shac

I started up with GOld. It was a japanese version and I understood nothing. I could not figure out how to get to the second gym. I always had a full party so that man could not give me the togepi-egg and the route 32 would not open. I had spent months raising my golbat to level 30 by battling only level 5 metapods. I remember coming by a dunsparce one day in the cave above Oak's home. I was soooooo happy to get a new pokemon. I raised it to level 40 again by battling level 5s and 7s because I did not know dunsparce does not evolve. It was then I came to know about serebii, got the walkthrough and got to battle mareeps and ekans. I was so excited! Fun times!

Darkrainer

RPH Elite Trainer
In my first game, Pokemon FireRed, I went through the first whole half of the game and was so addicted to it that I didn't notice the low battery. The battery went dead and I hadn't yet figured out that you could save it. Then I had to start a new game, and I had a team that consisted of a level 70 Charizard and some other level 30s. I couldn't find Blaine's gym and I just gave up and restarted the game again. I was a dumb little kid :(

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
hey you know in R/B/Y there was a lady near fusicha city who said that the nearby pkmn were gray and ugly and there should be one with a floral pattern? Anyway I went looking for it because I wanted to give her one....stupid me when I found out she was giving an opinion :p

;249-d;

PinkPantsMan

3.I used my venasaur all the time (even at blaines fire pokemon) so when i completed to elite 4 i had a lev 93 venasuar
I had exactly the same. I basicly used Body Slam all the time. And also had Solar Beam. Other 2 moves I forgot. Most likely Cut and Leech Seed or Razor Leaf something.

Well other stupid things, using Master Ball on the wrong Pokémon ofcourse. Not knowing what TM/HM where etc. Or the eternal search in the Safari Zone because I walked in every grass patch.

Guvie00

Noob Collector
Think this maybe should have been created in 1st Gen section but what the hay...

On GBC Red, I remember trying to name all my pokemon after characters from the Guyver animation but then ran out of names real early so then just started using all my friends names (so sad!)

beoderro

Unactive :(
In Pokemon Yellow, I didn't get pass that man, who was blocking the road to Pewter. One year later, I figured it out!
I was a young boy and really didn't understand English. There's the excuse.

Saberu

This wasn't my first game, but it was still awful.
I was battling a friend with my anti-lead weavile and forgot that fake out works only on the first turn. XD

chikoritalover16

I had played Red or Blue before I finally got my Yellow, but I still tried to capture the Jr. Trainer's Diglett (the one in Brock's gym).

Defy gravity!
;152;

I threw my master ball to a Pidgeotto...before I knew about the Missingno. glitch.
Oh, and I released my starter when I was using the pc. I didn't know any English, so I was just trying everything to get it out.

raichu666

Venus adept
My first time playing was so long ago I cant even remember my team, I was like 7 or something. But for the longest time I thought rock pokemon were immune to electric not ground

Status
Not open for further replies.