• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Funny things you discover when replaying Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprSncConzor

Today I was playing Emerald for the umpteenth time and was surprised about the multiple things I had forgotten. For instance,

Heart Scales are the scales of Luvdisks (According to a random Swimmer I battled).

Juan's overworld sprite looks nothing like his battle sprite.

What funny, cool and weird things have you discovered while playing old Pokemon games?
;129;

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
I suck at Pokémon games. Switched on diamond... My highest levelled Pokémon was Empoleon. Level 70. The rest were all level 30-40.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
How Charizard cannot learn Fly in Red and Blue. Same as why it couldn't be a dragon-type, despite having the obvious looks of a dragon. Not to mention it flies and breathes fire like most dragons.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
How Steelix seems to levitate off the ground in Diamond and Pearl.

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
How you can make the guys in Dewford Town say really stupid trendy phrases in Ruby and Sapphire

When I replay games I discover lots of random things that i hadnt before because first time round i tend to rush to get to legendary pokemon and to become champion. I usually discover that there are lots more trainers/NPCs in areas. Sometimes like in HGSS i missed out on key items like i think it was... Berry pots and dowsing MCHN. Also i can discover good pokemon from ones i may have overlooked in the past.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
That magneton has levitate in emerald, but not in the other games. I hate sturdy! So annoying to kill D:

⊙ᴗ⊙
After replaying Platinum:

Running through the Lost Tower after skipping it in first DP playthrough.
Ran into Roughneck Kirby.
Thinking he's gonna have some generic "tough" pokemon.
...Watches as he send out a Cleffa.
Cue laughing.

And from that day on, he became my new hero.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
How good the music is in Pokémon MD:EOS. Wow...

Also how bad I am at training and battling...

Xionea

Half a centaur
While replaying my Emerald for the umpteenth time, I JUST learned that Steven (Champion of Ruby and Sapphire) is Mr. Stone's (Rustboro guy who gives you the Exp. Share) son. That took an embarrassingly long time to figure out.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Same as why it couldn't be a dragon-type, despite having the obvious looks of a dragon. Not to mention it flies and breathes fire like most dragons.

Because Charizard would have been an over powered starter as Blastoise wouldn't been strong against it.

That magneton has levitate in emerald, but not in the other games. I hate sturdy! So annoying to kill D:

False, Magneton never had levitate for it ability in gen 3.

telivisionhead

That I should use more pokemon on my team, not just my starter and legendary pokemon.
Some trainers said "if you have more pokemon on your team YOU have the advantage" so now I always use a team of 6.
Not over train only 1 pokemon and leave the rest of my team weak.
In soul silver on my first try with a team of 6 and no legendary, feraligater was level 55 and my team was level 25 at the champion. And in white on my firsts try with a team of 6 and no legendary, by the league Shiny emboar was level 60 and my other pokemon level 25 so I have to train them equally.

telivisionhead

That in a pokecenter their is a guy who says the most obvious things. "When a pokemon gets low in HP you should go and heal it at a pokecenter"
That guy was probably forever alone. What happens if this happens?
Dudes Friend: Wanna go to the footy on the weekend?"
Dude: "Nah, I'm busy"
Dudes friend: "Busy doing WHAT?"
Dude: "Just being a forever alone hobo telling players the most obvious things in a pokecenter"
Dudes friend: "....... *cough* loner" and walks off awkwardly. Lucky that won't happen in pokemon.

ebevan91

While replaying my Emerald for the umpteenth time, I JUST learned that Steven (Champion of Ruby and Sapphire) is Mr. Stone's (Rustboro guy who gives you the Exp. Share) son. That took an embarrassingly long time to figure out.

Wow that is pretty bad. I picked up on it once realized Steven was the champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.