• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun's Over?

PeteDHeat

Ok.
I've been Reading Threads of "Which One will you Get: Diamond or Pearl?" and i've seen a lot of people Saying:"I'll Get Both so i can trade with my Brother(Sister..friend...whatever)".Of Course that These People will trade the Old Fashion Way,With the Cable Link or Wireless adpter.
Now that Wi Fi will give us a chance to trade and Battle Online,i ask myself and you guys: Do you think That the fun of trade and battle with your close friends is Over?I mean You Could Buy Diamond and after you finish it and then you could easily use Wi fi go into the net and try to find someone that has the pokemon you don't and then trade.Fun's Over?
If there is a Thread Like This Close it,otherwhise...
Discuss!^^

Phosphorus

The Fury
The fun won't be over for me. I don't regularly battle pokemon with my friends (I don't recall ever, except for back in the RBY days) but I do love playing multiplayer games with my friends. There may be Wifi/Live, but I find playing with friends a bit more fun. 'Cuz, you know, they're my friends. I've always been a little wary of playing online games 'cuz I think I'll make a fool of myself in some way, shape or form. But with my friends, we can act stupid and stuff, make idiots of ourselves, etc without really being made fun of.

By the way, I'm just talking about battling because I usually just trade pokemon with myself anyway.

Edit: Woohoo. New rank.

Last edited:

Ghost Lord

Cascade Trainer
It doesn't really matter. You could still trade with freinds, but you also have the option of trading pokemon with trainers across the world!

oh lord, i love you people, most of you guys do the same stuff as me, i thought it was just me at some point, trying to hide my love for the games

Phosphorus

The Fury
Snow said:
yeah but how do you get on the internet?? I don't get it.

Not the proper place to ask, but:

You need cable internet or whatever, and a router. Another option is the USB thing that's 30 something dollars. Go look at nintendo.com or similar.

Moonlight.

I, and I'm sure many other people, would still trade and battle with their friends. IMO, one of the best parts of multiplayer is having your friends their to share the experience with you.

Just because Wi-Fi exists, it doesn't mean we have to use it.

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
None of my friends/family are into pokemon games anymore so doing it ("it" as in trading pokemon and battling) over Wi-Fi will be the refreshing burst I need.

The thought of actually being able to complete my pokedex even with pokemon only available in the other game is great!

The Smore

Coral Eye Trainer
I think the fun has started. I don't have a link cable, neither do my freinds, it means that I can trade and complet my pokedex. It's a good thing.

K

kirby

Kasaioni said:
everybody at my school thinks pokemon is gay, so this is a good thing for me
Yes, mine too...Wi-Fi is a more-than-good thing. I could never get a hold of a Lunatone.