• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fun's Over?

Pearl's Perap

I will make good use of the trading over the internet, it is a good way to get those essential few pokémon that are either unobtainable or what have you.

The only thing I am worried about using this feature is trade evolution and trading for pokédex entries, I will not be partaking in this, but I'm sure many people will, and may foolishly lose their pokémon.

For that kind of trading, I will probably just trade with myself, or any friends that buy the game/s.

Zak

I will do both just because we can trade over the internet doesn't mean we will get bored of trading with friends

ampharos is our king

Beginning Trainer
there is only one other kid at my school and out of all of my friends that still plays up to date pokemon games and he's kinda a shady fella so i dont think that it'll happen that i ever trade with him or even battle

;181;

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
I don't care for Pokemon trading, but i will if I can over the net for the pokedex. Mayeb Nintendo will have this thing where you can get pre stored pokemon off the net and trade them for some D/P Money and a pokemon.
I'm wwhat I liek to call a SPP, a Secret Pokemon Player, who doesn't want anyone to knowthat i liek pokemon because they hate it nowadays.

PeteDHeat

There's people that do not understand the concept of pokemon..thats why they say it its gay,and people are afraid to say:"I play Pokemon,so what"and for those people that are afraid,Wi fi will be great.

lol .
it is still hard to trade .
so do not worry man .
Wifi is so cool !

Niteshocker613

Wazzup, man?
I'll have no problems with the trading; my 2 DS..es + D/P (I can almost guarentee I'll get both) = All the Pokemon I need. As for battling, I'll wait until I beat E4, and maybe look at some good movesets for my most-trained Pokemon.

S

Sneaky_Scizor

We need to remember that Nintendo uses friend codes on the Wifi, so we will only be able to trade/battle with people we know or meet on forum like this, so we will not trade with total strangers

PeteDHeat

Niteshocker613 said:
I'll have no problems with the trading; my 2 DS..es + D/P (I can almost guarentee I'll get both) = All the Pokemon I need. As for battling, I'll wait until I beat E4, and maybe look at some good movesets for my most-trained Pokemon.
Where's the fun of battling yourself?lol

A

AkariKanzaki

I'll almost exclusively trade with people I know, either in person or good online friends. I'd be afraid people would give me cheated Pokemon. You know it'll happen. People will figure out how to get through whatever safeguards Nintendo puts up.

I'd be up for battling online. If too many people cheat I'll go mostly to people I know, but at first I'll try battling random people.

Trooper Guy

Lost in history...
The battles, however. Just think, online tournaments, world cups possibly to represent your country!? There may even be teams you can make.
I hope this happens and is not wishful thinking. :D

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
WiFi just makes it better IMO.

You still can trade with friends.

Bulk

I doubt we'll be able to trade without friend codes. We’ll definitely be able to battle because it's only a record. I can just see Nintendo being "careful" and not letting trades occur. They might happen through a Union Style Room but then you'd need a Friend Code for that. That's what I think.

PeteDHeat

You might Need you trainer card Number...then from these two you might be able to connect into a room where you can battle,trade,chat.

J

Juice

so long as there are people willing to trade and battle and dont have wi fi then the fun will never die.

FEZ

online Wi-Fi will save the "FUN" you do relize not many people have friends that have the game and end up trading with them selfs or not trading