• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Further proof that Ash could possibly get Riolu...

Tbone2356

ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ
Well, in the most recent D/P episode, "Tag Battle! The Finals!!" Ash gave Dawn the soothe bell he won (I think?) and then Paul gave Ash his soothe bell, finding it useless.

So as everyone has been saying, the Soothe bell that Dawn has is most likely going to be used for Buneary, since Buneary evolve through happiness which is what the Soothe bell provides.

Anywho, I looked at all the Pokemon that evovled due to happiness and here is the list.

Golbat
Chansey
Eevee --> Espeon or Umbreon
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Azuril
Budew
Buneary
Chingling
Munchlax
Riolu

Now it's simply a matter of going through the list and crossing each one off.
-Brock already had a Golbat and it doesn't suit Ash OR adverise D/P.

-Brock has a Happiny, why would Ash get a Chansey?

-I highly doubt Ash will wind up with Umbreon or Espeon.

-Pichu? Like we need another electric rodent on Ash's team.

-Cleffa? It doesn't suit him at all nor does it advertise D/P.

-Igglybuff? See "Cleffa".

-Togepi? DEAR GOD! It will suck the life right out of him!

-Azuril... No.. Just.. No...

-Budew? Drew.. Nando.. Too many people have this common critter.

-Buneary? Dawn has one.

-Chingling... James had its evovled form and it doesn't suit Ash.

-Munchlax? May had one and Ash already has a Snorlax.

-Riolu.. The only Pokemon that advertises D/P and suits Ash.

So as you can tell, If the writers were to just put Ash's Soothe bell away for now and bring it back later on. Ash would most definetly use it on a Riolu, meaning he'd have to have one.

This is all just speculation and it may or may not be true, because the writers forget alot of crap (The whole GS ball thing took up an entire season and the writers tossed it aside).

But theres a possibility, so.. Discuss!

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Nice observations dude.This does help....

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
But alot of times the game and the show are alot different but if that happened it would rock. Yeah pretty good observations...

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Interesting theory...

killer74

nananana elmos world
this might not be for ash though remember ash won a kings rock but misty's poliwhirl stole it to evolve into politoed

Satoshi Tajiri

Do the birdie dance!
Well, in the most recent D/P episode, "Tag Battle! The Finals!!" Ash gave Dawn the soothe bell he won (I think?) and then Paul gave Ash his soothe bell, finding it useless.

So as everyone has been saying, the Soothe bell that Dawn has is most likely going to be used for Buneary, since Buneary evolve through happiness which is what the Soothe bell provides.

Anywho, I looked at all the Pokemon that evovled due to happiness and here is the list.

Golbat
Chansey
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Azuril
Budew
Buneary
Chingling
Munchlax
Riolu

-Buneary? Dawn has one.

So as you can tell, If the writers were to just put Ash's Soothe bell away for now and bring it back later on. Ash would most definetly use it on a Riolu, meaning he'd have to have one.

This is all just speculation and it may or may not be true, because the writers forget alot of crap (The whole GS ball thing took up an entire season and the writers tossed it aside).

When you put it that way....
Holy crap, you're right:rolleyes:

zeno48

Zaker!

Golbat
Chansey
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Azuril
Budew
Buneary
Chingling
Munchlax
Riolu

-Buneary? Dawn has one.

I see your point but personally I prefer Ash with a gible since he has never had a dragon type before. it would balance his team IMO and he would definetaly pown Paul with torterra, staraptor, ambipom, infernape, garchomp, and his little buddy pikachu. See what a cool team he would have but rioulu is welcome to be with Ash as well because lucario rocks.

thunderblade12

other possibilities:

1. he will use it on chimchar in "the tears of chimchar" to cheer it up and his soothe bells wont be seen ever again

2. the soothe bells will be a plot hole

3. they will be the cause of an accidental evolution of one of the teams pokemon. brocks chancey if they decide to evolve happiny, mays munchlax or mistys azurill if they ever make an appearence in sinnoh

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Interesting theory.

However, because there are already a Buneary and Happiny among the gang, the two Sooth Bells are pretty much done and out for them, eh? Sure, one could ask why let Ash win the tag battle then, but that's merely because the gang needed two and it would be the most in-character to let Paul disregard of his Sooth Bell than have Brock's or Dawn's tag partner disregard of theirs.

From where I see it, it's still not proof, but I do see why it could seem as otherwise.

JavierEA

Well, it's very likely for him to get a Riolu/Lucario, just because he's pretty merchandeable