• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fused and Spriter2's Tile Project

Keyrin

トロピウス
Wow, awesome! Everything looks so professional and official! I definitely rate these something good. o.o Do you give permission for the public to use these tiles with credit? I'm just wondering, because these are some really awesome tiles!

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Tiny Update: A Pokemon Platinum fence.
newtiles.png

And no, everyone who is using them must get permission, so we can record who has permission.

kyledove

Rainbow Trainer
That first tree is a direct copy of mine.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
No it isn't. Unless you've recently updated your tileset, it doesn't match up with any of the trees you've made that I have access to, at least. (btw, I have a copy of the one that you and SpeedDialga upadted on Deviant Art (I'm EpicDay))

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
That first tree is a direct copy of mine.
Kyledove, I asked you on DA about it and you told me to change it, so i did.
39900582.png

^^^See. But if you still want me to change it...we can. I just dont want this to be a big deal, I know you've had trouble with theives.

EDIT:
Ok, I got back from Kyle- we both feel that we should redo that tree. I hope you don't mind fused.

Last edited:

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
No, If your not going to read the rules, then you may not.

EDIT:
Ok, I've been trying to sprite a new tree, but i'm having a really tough time, Fused, maybe you can do better- I mean look at the other wonderful trees you've done. I also tried reshading the urban tree...didnt turn out well either...

But away from my failures! I have managed to pull together a small update:
newtiles.png

Pokeballs! 8D The green and blue ones are ones i had on my old sheet, so i put them in here (not exactly, I made a new design first lol)

Last edited:

Sharpedo Master

Awww. </3

That tree you sprited, and then removed from the sheet was my absolute favourite tile /crouches on the ground/

I dont see how yours and Kyles look alike one bit. Even if you may have took a look at his for a little help, its not like you stole the style of shading, the pallete or anything.
PLUS, since when does Kyledove own it? ofcourse he owns the tile he made, but, its not like he's --INVENTED-- that sort of tree. >.>

I remember once i kinda did that with a fakemon, and the owner of the forum got someone in trouble claiming that its not like he came up with the idea for it.

xD.

Well, that was about, 99% off topic SORRY.

Well. now my new fave tile has to be the honey tree, even though i want the other one back BADLY. Your honey tree, the DARKER/NIGHT one.

Listen carefully. I suggest making it look darker for the night effect it should be in;

on Paint or whatever program you use, get the palletes down, the absolute lightest shade get rid off, the one thats at the top of the sheet. then the darkest shade at the bottom, put another shade after that thats darker. then recolor on like that, with the original second lightest color as the lightest and so on, making it darker.

That should really work out c:

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
The dark ones are for forests, not night xD lol and it's alright, i just don't want to give Kyle trouble- because he has been having it with thieves lately.

Sharpedo Master

oh. Well, forests, night. Whatever. xDD

Hmm, i guess it just seemed like a day/night feature to me <3

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
hmmm...Fused, how is the Grass comming? I'm working on berry stuff- Patches, Trees etc. Just wanted to bump this so it doesnt die.

PokeJosh

These are some great custom tiles! Though I'm disappointed to see that first tree go, it's too bad that it resembled Kyledove's. The only thing that I can crit. on are the colors of those buildings that were made. I just think that they differentiate from each other too much, the colors need to be a bit closer together for it to flow smoother.

Corsola is random.

The only thing that I really need is the bellsprout statue. I would make my own, but I'm afraid that It would turn out to look a lot like that one, and I don't want to be accused of stealing.

I would just need to edit the colors to fit my tiles. Here is my project:

Pokemon GSC Project

It would be super great if I could use those, although I understand If I don't have a good enough reason.

-PokeJosh

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Here is my update, I'm not to fond of some of the berries, but oh well i'll fix them later.
newtiles.png

Also, a BETA map using our tileset:
betamaproute.png

PokeJosh: I don't have a problem with you using it- I'm familiar with your work, and a big fan of it. Just make sure to give credit.

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Here is my update, I'm not to fond of some of the berries, but oh well i'll fix them later.
newtiles.png

betamaproute.png

PokeJosh: I don't have a problem with you using it- I'm familiar with your work, and a big fan of it. Just make sure to give credit.

Gridiron

Fused! and Spriter2! These are so frickin great! Oh I wish I could use these tiles to redo my Johto maps, the trees would look so good in Johto. The only problem to me is that the background grass has too much going on, it should be simpler like in Fr/Lg. Along with that, the grass (the grass that contains wild Pokemon) doesn't seem to fit it with the rest of the tile set. Other than that, theres nothing wrong. I just can't wait until you get mountain and water tiles finished.

Funny thing I noticed- the top part of the tree next to the honey tree looks like a green Octillary with a horn.

PokeJosh

newtiles.png

betamaproute.png

Thanks, Spriter 2, I'll make sure to give credit. I know you've given me crit on mapping that has saved me before in past projects, and I hope that I can become as good of an artist as you guys are. Just look at this tileset!

-PokeJosh

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Yea, I really want to go back and fix everything, but idk what fused would think. He seems to be busy lately lol. There are some things we really need to redo, and we could really use some help from someone thats good with shading, and general anatomy.

Last edited:

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
._.

...no, if you refuse to read the rules, then we refuse to let you use them. Don't bother asking again, because the answer will most likely still be NO. I'm tired of people asking to use them, and then not even reading the rules, its getting on my last nerve.

EDIT:
Here is a list of stuff that we should get done soon(-er or later):
Make regular grass simpler
Make PKMN Grass to fit
Fix Shading on Urban Tree
Fix Belsprout Statue
Fix Berry Trees

Make Water and Mountain Tiles
Make Apricorn Tree (Possilbe Apricorn Forset?)

EDIT #2:
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW HAND IN MAKING THE TILE SET!
Yes, we are in fact accepting applications for a third person. You must have some spriting background, and be decent at shading, anatomy, and/or colors. We would like to see an example of your work, and if for some reason you cannot give us an example, then please make something and show us. All examples SHOULD be in tile form- meaning don't show us a mix or a recolor. Your chances of being accepted are going to be more likely if your tile is better, so please take some time and make them decent. Also, Please PM us your application, and do not post it here (requirements of Zephyr Flare). If anyone posts it here, you are supposed to be reported(according of Zephyr Flare), so please don't. I will also be on the hunt for appropriate spriters for the job, and only will be chosen, so please submit as soon as possible. Also, do NOT join as an excuse to use our tiles- if you join, you have to help or your out.

Last edited:

Gridiron

Do you have an idea for mountain tiles yet? By that I mean are you going to base them off of the mountain tiles from Fr/Lg or D/P/Pt?