• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Competitive Team for Pokémon Black ~

Aizle Syracuse

Cannot fly.
Future Competitive Team for Pokémon Black ~

Hello! ^.^ Many thanks for visiting my little thread; all manner of input is very much appreciated ~ As stated in the title, I intend to realize this team once I've acquired Black Version (excluding Umbreon and Lucario whom I am training in SoulSilver right now). Since I have obviously not yet obtained it, the majority of said team is still quite flexible. =3

HOWEVER... as was afore mentioned in my last RMT, I would prefer to retain the Pokémon I have chosen partially because I have gone to extensive lengths in my endeavor to develop their individual roles effectively, I have identified everything that'll need to be done in order to obtain them, and I'm quite partial to the Pokémon themselves. ^w^; Nevertheless, I understand my experience in this area is far inferior to practically everyone here on Serebii and therefore I have no right to completely dismiss anything said in response to my request for a RMT. /paste

XD At any rate, here they are:

634.png

Mienshao ♂
Jolly (+Spe/-SpA)
@Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-U-Turn
-Taunt
-Knock Off
-Hi Jump Kick

This fantastical fellow is the product of many (more or less) hours of thought concerning a potential lead. =3 I've attempted to design him so that he's able to screw around with other leads by Taunting those who venture to set up and potentially removing their item if the situation deems such an action appropriate. ^w^ U-Turn and Regenerator give him the option of hanging around for a while after his initial work is complete to perhaps return with a vengeance: namely, Hi Jump Kick. ^.^

623.png

Chandelure ♂
Modest (+SpA/-Atk)
@Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Ground)

I've always been quite fond of Chandelure. |D Consequently it should come as no surprise that when I happened upon a particular page which disclosed his base stats I knew exactly who I was going to appoint as the team's Special Sweeper. Everything here is pretty self-explanitory; Shadow Ball is a powerful STAB attack accompanied by a slight chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defense, Flamethrower is a 100% accurate STAB Fire-type attack as opposed to Fire Blast which trades that accuracy for a bit more power, Energy Ball is a nice Ground/Rock/Water-type coverage move, and HP Ground finishes off the set by allowing Chandelure to decimate things like Heatran. =3

453.png

Lucario ♂
Adamant (+Atk/-SpA)
@Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
-Ice Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Close Combat
-Crunch

As circumstances progressed, I noticed the offensiveness of the first two members of the team; why not add another, slightly different sort of sweeper for more high-paced destruction? =D A staple of any physically offensive Lucario set, Close Combat is a must and in tandem with the power boost Choice Band provides, I'm certain he'll at least manage a KO or two. ^ ^ Ice Punch will hopefully eliminate any Gliscor trying for a swift KO, ThunderPunch wrecks Gyarados, and Crunch provides some amount of coverage against any unprepared Ghost-types. Originally I had planned on giving this one a Choice Scarf to help mitigate his mediocre speed but I believe I've conjured up a better alternative. =D

559.png

Whimsicott ♂
Impish (+Def/-SpA)
@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
-U-Turn
-Leech Seed
-Tailwind
-??? (Encore perhaps?)

The alternative I mentioned before... It exists in the form an adorable, fluffy feather-weight named Whimsicott ~ ^.^ With little Whimsy's Tailwind in play, Chandelure and Lucario no longer fear being murdered by speedy-pants revenge killers like Gengar ~ At least that's what I'm hoping for. ^ ^; The remainder of his set however... well, it's a bit unclear to me. o.o U-Turn is for scouting and Leech Seed could potentially heal a few teammates... I'm not really sure about that last move. Any ideas would be most helpful. <=D

197.png

Umbreon ♂
Careful (+SpD/-SpA)
@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpD/252 HP/4 Def
-Toxic
-Wish
-Payback
-Curse/Protect

Backup and healing support is always helpful ~ I intend to use Umbreon in such a way that both his Special Defenses and ability to utilize Wish are capitalized upon to their fullest potential. =3 No doubt Toxic will prove itself useful in regards to stalling if it ever comes to that. To avoid becoming Taunt bait, I've given him Payback as a sort of wear-down move that would benefit from Curse alongside his Defense stat. o.o If all else fails, I believe I should be capable of falling back on Umbreon until an opportunity arises for more aggressive action to be taken.

649.png

Hydreigon ♀
Modest (+SpA/-Atk)
@???
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)

What to stick in this last spot has been a rather difficult decision; I've concluded that for purposes relating to synergy and type coverage, Hydreigon would be the best choice. =3 It's bulkier than Chandelure, immune to Ground-type moves, and can function well enough even without the assistance of Tailwind. Surf helps the team handle Rock, Fire, and Ground types when Chandie cannot, Draco Meteor provides a powerful, all-purpose STAB attack to be utilized against bulky Dragon-types and opponents that resist everything else, Flamethrower/Fire Blast will serve to deal out damage to Pokémon like Scizor, Ferrothorn(?), and Forretress in the absence of Chandelure/Tailwind, and HP Ice is specifically meant to take out Gliscor as Hydreigon is easily capable of switching in on one of his Earthquakes. =D I'm not sure about the item though... Choice Scarf or Life Orb perhaps? o.o

Many thanks once again for taking the time to read through all this; I tend to ramble a little when I write and therefore I'm aware that it's likely a bit much. ^A^;

P.S. I should probably mention the fact that I've only ever tried creating a team once before and that was 4th Generation anyway... so please, forgive my ignorance. <=3

Last edited: