• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future countries to become Pokemon regions

RedJirachi

Veteran member
China is a popular talk for a new region, however it's way too big for a single region. So I'm wondering what you guys think would be the best portion/province to be the first Chinese based region?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
China is a popular talk for a new region, however it's way too big for a single region. So I'm wondering what you guys think would be the best portion/province to be the first Chinese based region?
China is diverse enough for multiple regions. We can easily have Manchuria as a region as it has elements of China, Korea, and Russia. Harbin is basically a Russian city with Chinese characteristics.

NeedsAName

So I was just watching Lockstin's video on the theory that mythicals predict the next region and that only helps cinch my previous idea that India was pretty likely for Gen 9.

Evidence For:
  • India has jungles/rainforests and two species Zarude is based on
  • Copperajah is mentioned to have come from a distant land in its Sword dex entry and has several Indian inspirations in its design
  • Yungoos and Gumshoos also seem to hint towards India, at least probably coming from a region based on southern Asia
  • Famous country with a lot of people and history, so nowhere near too obscure to get a region
  • Seems unlikely we'd get another cold region right after Galar
Evidence Against:
  • Maybe so large it would be divided into several regions
  • Less requested by fans compared to places like Australia
  • Could be difficult due to several distinct cultures within
  • Probably something else I'm forgetting

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I mean, we had a worm region in the previous gen, And the current one is cold.
So.... I wonder if the next region will be more diverse in that regard?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Maybe so large it would be divided into several regions
So? They could still pick a popular/well-known portion of India
Why is nobody talking about Brazil? The varied vegetation, the rich culture... I might be biased because I'm brazillian, but still!
Where in Brazil? It's way too big for a single region. Otherwise I agree with you, but if they do they need to make Portuguese a language option

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have a feeling generation 9 might be based on somewhere with a drier climate. Australia or Mexico would be great, although I wouldn't be opposed to an Egypt inspired region.
Australia has a lot of unique animals to base Pokemon on.