• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

Chris

Old Coot
The latest episode was pretty... extreme. I hope rape isn't going to be a recurring theme in this show. It's too good for that.
It's not. It was just Tsubaki's past that got into it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Aw, Twelfth died. That guy was hilarious. Loving the stop motion at the end though.

I totally thought the title of the episode (Voice Memo) was leading to something else. In particular, Yukki getting a voice/video message from himself in the futureSTEINS;GATEWHAT?!

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I can only agree with you. Though I don't see why you regret not to have discovered it sooner - are you talking about the manga? Since animé just began airing recently and it's ideal for newcomers and those who haven't even touched the manga. And I agree about the last point, I spoiled myself as well, but it remained enjoyable to me nevertheless.

Yeah, the manga, since it seems to have been around for a few years. You're right though - this adaptation, judging from everything I've seen, is quite loyal and, indeed, very accessible.

There was one question I did have about the last episode;
Was it just Tsubaki's hand that Yuno cut off or part of her arm too? I looked at a freeze frame of the censored scene where it fell to the floor, and it looked like there was part of her arm that was sticking out of the blurring in one frame. I have a screencap of the frame if anyone wants to see it.

That said, as horrible as some of the things Tsubaki did were, I couldn't hate her.

Chris

Old Coot
Yeah, the manga, since it seems to have been around for a few years. You're right though - this adaptation, judging from everything I've seen, is quite loyal and, indeed, very accessible.

There was one question I did have about the last episode;
Was it just Tsubaki's hand that Yuno cut off or part of her arm too? I looked at a freeze frame of the censored scene where it fell to the floor, and it looked like there was part of her arm that was sticking out of the blurring in one frame. I have a screencap of the frame if anyone wants to see it.

That said, as horrible as some of the things Tsubaki did were, I couldn't hate her.
Just the hand, leading to slightly above the wrist.

Wardek

U & I
The anime makes Yuno raped more than in the manga.

Also, Yuno became cooler. Yukki should fall for her, you see, she is welling to throw her life away for Yukki, right?

It's also weird that the anime is just like an uncut version, if the naked parts are not censored in the TV version, then what's gonna be uncut in the BDs...?

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
The anime makes Yuno raped more than in the manga.
Yuno wasn't raped. She was nearly about to be until Yukki came and stopped them.

It's also weird that the anime is just like an uncut version, if the naked parts are not censored in the TV version, then what's gonna be uncut in the BDs...?
Tsubaki's chopped off hand.

ForeverFlame

I bet you there's going to be a lot of conveniently placed bubbles next episode. If they adapt the next two chapters, there's going to be two bath scenes in one episode.

Chris

Old Coot
Nipples. Lots of nipples.
Funny you should mention that. The manga actually went nearly the entire series showing not one nipple, despite having exposed breasts here and there, until a certain event near the end.

Chris

Old Coot
Nice, though I'd rather wait for a western release. Like hell I'm paying over $40 for two episode releases. Also good to know the DVDs and BDs will be unedited. Sounds like there's a possibility there'll be more that was edited that we never expected. Probably what with the blood shed and chopping that happened during the whole Tsubaki arc.

Wardek

U & I
New censorship for the new episode.

[IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/QbJFx.png[/IMG200]
640x360

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned

Hm, I don't actually remember seeing that in the manga.

Chris

Old Coot

640x360
Yes, it was. In Future Diary Mosaic Chapter 3. It's just a black hole in the manga, however.
[img139]http://i43.*******.com/25q524o.jpg[/img139]

Hm, pretty dull episode this week. While Yukiteru's mother amused me (and the fact that she has no idea what a wise decision she made in being an 'understanding parent'), that opening scene of Yuno cheerfully breaking into Yukiteru's house promised much more fun than this episode delivered. Just awkwardness, mainly. And no, it wasn't creepy (why does the world seem to think this show is creepy?).

Things did pick up near the end with the introduction of that revenge driven four year old. I honestly can't wait to see how that's going to turn out. Yuno going to be crossing the Moral Event Horizon soon?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Yes, it was. In Future Diary Mosaic Chapter 3. It's just a black hole in the manga, however.
[img139]http://i43.*******.com/25q524o.jpg[/img139]

You know, that doesn't bother me as much as whatever the hell that is in the censored anime shot. I haven't seen the episode yet, but is there any actual explanation of what that is in her eye socket in the scene? That sure doesn't look like an empty eye socket.

EDIT: Well I guess it was. Certainly doesn't look like what I expected.

Yuno going to be crossing the Moral Event Horizon soon?

Haw haw.

Haw haw haw haw haw....

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
And no, it wasn't creepy (why does the world seem to think this show is creepy?).

Creepy generally means something unpleasant and unsettling. So yeah, seeing people get their eyes pulled out, murder, rape etc. may unsettle some people and creep them out.