• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki)

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Episode 19 was damn good. I loved the twist at the end.

Yuno killed herself. It makes sense when you know that she became god in a different timestream

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Dude, mark your spoilers better. I thought that was a spoiler about episode 19, maybe because I've never seen the word "MASSIVEFLANK" in my life.

ForeverFlame

Episode 20 adapted four and a half chapters. That's 135 pages of manga... in one episode. Early episodes only adapted about 60 pages. I think that's a good explanation of the pace in this week's episode. But you know what? It was awesome.

I'm glad they got to Yuki and Yuno in this episode. Yuki saving Minene was really awesome, even in the manga. The censors ruined the second best gore scene in the series. Damn them! But they did a good job of playing up Nijishimajimashima and Minene's ill-fated relationship.

Eighth fanservice!!!

Chris

Old Coot
In more ways than you'd probably like.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
In more ways than you'd probably like.

And sometimes literally too.

[C]'s mind[expletive] was most just due to the random a$spulls in the final ep.

I don't mind anime like that if they aren't too ridiculous.

Many things I have heard good and bad about Mirai Nikki, but I wanted to wait until at least a decent chunk was released, I hate having to wait week-by-week.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This episode... I have to give them credit, they had a lot to handle in one episode and managed to get it all together very well.

Looks like Minene's gonna bite it next week, but this week being primarily focused on her lessens the blow a little. It's too bad we won't see much if anything of Mosaic except maybe on OVAs, because I'd really like to see more stories centered around her.

I'll say this: I knew what The Watcher did and what Eleventh's master plan was all along, but that didn't stop me from being pretty stunned by just how horrifying the consequences of his actions were when Eighth's Server Diary was hooked up to the HOLON supercomputer. That montage of the chaos beginning to unfold in Sakurami City as the citizens discovered their new Future Diaries was utterly terrifying, and Eleventh's explanation of his goals coupled with Deus's explanation of the origin of the Future Diary really left me wishing Eleventh was introduced sooner, because he's a pretty impressive villain.

I don't mind anime like that if they aren't too ridiculous.

Oh Future Diary is ridiculous alright. But at some point, once you've watched some of it, the ridiculousness just sets into you and you either decide to get off because it's not your thing, or step into the roller coaster and buckle up.

ForeverFlame

It was hardly a one-episode romance. Remember Episode 1, when Minene and Nishijimajiji were police partners? They've had UST for a while (even though most of it takes place offscreen and in Mosaic, which hasn't been given enough justice).

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
And then there were three and Akise with five episodes remaining.

A few disappointing changes in this week's episode. Eleventh was merely shot in the head, not beheaded, for example.

Minene got the death she deserved. I nearly teared up.

ForeverFlame

I'm so confused right now, I thought that
Yuno wasn't the real Yuno, but the real Yuno was the only other person that could have opened the vault besides Eleventh, and yet "fake" Yuno was able to open it.

Just forget about it until next week. And whatever you do, don't rewatch the first 60 seconds of the first episode, or watch any of the OPs/EDs. You'll be a lot more impressed next week if you don't.

I'm so confused right now, I thought that
Yuno wasn't the real Yuno, but the real Yuno was the only other person that could have opened the vault besides Eleventh, and yet "fake" Yuno was able to open it.

It was obvious that she wasn't an imposter. How would an imposter have had flashbacks to the childhood of the person she was impersonating? Ever since the third corpse reveal, it's been pretty obvious that the current Yuno is
a time traveller.