1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Future Forum Styles Discussion

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by RaZoR LeAf, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

We're coming to the end of the Type theme forum styles now, with only four remaining. What's to come after that, really I haven't got a clue. So I'm opening up the field here for discussion. I want to hear from you what you'd like to see featured as a theme for a skin.

Here's a run down of what the forums previously had:

Types
    The seventeen types that make a pokemon what it is (I wont list them, you know what they are). These were previously almost monochrome styles, with one predominant colour and everything being a shade darker or lighter.
    Contest Types
    The five Contest types; Cool, Beauty, Cute, Tough and Smart. Though only the first three were ever made, they were, like the original types, monochrome albeit in more pastel shades than the other types.

Games
    Themes based on the colour names of the games that had been released. These were as follows:
    • Red, Blue & Yellow
    • Gold, Silver & Crystal
    • Ruby & Sapphire
    • Emerald
    • Diamond & Pearl
    • Fire Red & Leaf Green
    • Colosseum & XD
    • Pichu Bros!
    • Pokemon Channel

As you can tell, the styles stopped before Platinum was released and there were no further releases after that point.

------

That's what we had. This is what we have now:

Types
    I have four of the types remaining to implement; Ghost, Ground, Normal and Water. When the last four have been completed, I'll run through all the styles again and make sure I haven't missed anything, fill in blanks and update the older ones with things i've learnt and added on the newer ones.

Games
    We have a Black & White / B2W2 theme now, whether or not you want to see the older series remade is up to you. Regardless of the decision made, there wont be a repeat in 'games' as it were, so there will be only one GSC theme, and not an additional HGSS theme.

So the rest isn't necessarily up to you. It's up to Serebii at the end of it all. These are his forums. But ideas don't come form nowhere, and I'd like to know what people want. So suggest. Themes, ideas, colour schemes, features on the banner, etc. Tell me what you'd like.

Please keep in mind, that we will not be doing themes for your favourite pokemon or your favourite character. If we did it for one, we'd have to do it for all.

2. Kamotz

Kamotz God of Monsters

Maybe a sort of Evil group-based theme? Rocket, Galactic, etc?

Or a Pokemon evo/duo/trio/quartet/group theme. Some of the colors could get...kinda funky, probably. But we had the RSE and RBY ones at one point, so...I mean...It couldn't get much more clashing than that, right?

On a less likely (but more personal preference-y) note, I'd love Mewtwo/Rayquaza/Lugia styles (separate, not as one). I think Rayquaza (and I guess Groudon/Kyogre too) could lend very interesting to a type of tribal pattern/theme/design in the banner.

But, then again, I'm a big fan of minimalist stuff for the forums.

3. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

How about a Battle Frontier style, then a Battle Subway style. They would go perfect with the contest types. You could also do a Champion style, something mixing all the champions over the years, the same would be done with the Rivals. Mystery Dungeon Style anyone?

Or how about a Nintendo style. Joe seems to keep up on current Nintendo news. It could be a style that mixes all the systems that Pokemon games have been released on.

4. Aegon

Aegon _

A Conquest style would be nice.

I'd also like a Battle Subway style.

5. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Styles for legendary trios, perhaps? That's a lot, but it'd be cool to have a theme for Rayquaza / Groudon / Kyogre, Palkia / Dialga / Giratina, etc.

But I'd rather a Mystery Dungeon theme like jb said.

6. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

I am up for the Evil Organizations theme. Any of them would be fine, but I would like Team Rocket I guess. Going with the Classics XP Even though we already have two darkish themes and Team Rocket is pretty much Black. <.> And would clash with Darks them with Black and Red because of Zoroark..

Team Aqua/Magma could have one theme for themselves. Combining Red and Blue like the BW theme of Reshi and Zek.

Team Galactic and Team Plasma have pretty similar themes in my mind with their colors... <.> But Team Plasma would be nice to have with a Three colored them of Silver, Black and Blue.

Pretty much those is what I have XP

And reading about weather or not having older series... I guess it would be nice to have... FireRed and LeafGreen. I liked its combination before and now that the banners can be made a bit smoother to have a soft merge of colors, Red and Green colored them for it would be great.

Okie now this is all I have XP

7. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

I could definitely see some spin-off series getting some style love...Dungeon, Ranger, Conquest

8. Galux

Galux Well-Known Member

An eevee theme with all the different eevee forms. I love eevee!!!!

9. Skarm™

Skarm™ Light It Up

Try legendary Pokemon, like a group of them like the Kami trio or The legendary dogs or birds, etc

10. Lightning Dragon

Lightning Dragon LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

What about one with the Shiny Beasts from the Zoroark Movie? That would be marvelous <3

...but I would LOVE to see a PMD one.

11. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Colosseum & XD style remade and possibly one for the 3 legendary birds trio (Articuno , Zapdos , and Moltres)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  12. Sacred keldeo

Sacred keldeo Banned

I think the 4 muskerdeers would make a good theme with keldeo in it's resolution forme

13. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I do agree with the various spin-offs getting love.

Mystery Dungeon series
    [spoil][image=]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/4d/Pok%C3%A9mon_Mystery_Dungeon_logo.png/180px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Mystery_Dungeon_logo.png[/image][/spoil]
    Colors: Blue and Orange
    Object on Banner: The Explorer's Badge
    [spoil][image=]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRDZXxeIZt06uwveOiH_Pw2t7vVOOBNf6UMV4jmx7wHfoxP0uHpuz4B4Ff_g[/image][/spoil]

Colosseum & XD
    Colors: Purple & Orange/Pink
    Object on Banner: Snag Ball [regular pokeball with purplish aura]

Pokemon Conquest
    Colors: Gold and black
    Object on Banner : Hero?

--------------------------------
    Also

~ Hoenn or Sinnoh Battle Frontier
    Colors: Varied
    Object: Logo
    [spoil][image=]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f0/EmeraldBFLogo.png/100px-EmeraldBFLogo.png[/image][image=]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/9/98/JohtoSinnoh_BF.png/100px-JohtoSinnoh_BF.png[/image][/spoil]

~ Battle Subway
    Colors: Grey and various
    Object: Ingo & Emmet

~ Pokemon Contests
    Object: Pokeblock/Poffin

~ Pokemon Musicals
    Colors: Pink and Varied
    Object: the logo
    [spoil][image=]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/43/Pok%C3%A9mon_Musical_logo.png/180px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Musical_logo.png[/image][/spoil]

~ Pokeathlon
    Colors: Blue and varied
    Object: idk

~ PokeStar Studios
    Object: Movie clipboard?

14. My idea is pretty basic: a theme with pseudo-legendary Pokemon.

15. ImAnOKIE12

ImAnOKIE12 Sexy Cowboy

Like a Pokemon Ranger theme! Colors could be red and blue, with all the rangers maybe?

16. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

One that shows all the gym leaders in each region back to back with Castelia City in the background.

17. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I never have a preference as to what kind of theme is made, so I don't have any direct suggestions there. The only thing I can think to suggest is maybe seeking out a person or two who know how to work vB skin editing and seeing what they can do. Like "higher-end" themes compared to the ones around now, which are pretty basic, at least in my opinion after seeing just how awesome skins can be. That's all I can think to suggest. For me it doesn't matter what the theme of a skin is as long as it's made well, because I can love a really well-made skin even if it's of a Pokémon or character I don't care for.

18. Zero Nexus

Zero Nexus Stand up, go for it

Remake the old Ruby and Sapphire skin in the new format. That was my favorite skin, and I'd love to have it back.

19. ImAnOKIE12

ImAnOKIE12 Sexy Cowboy

What about dual types? Like every once in awhile, not to often, could do dual typed skins. But ones that colors aren't to clashed together.

20. RaZoR LeAf

RaZoR LeAf Night Terror

No, there's no point to dual types other than people wanting to see their favourite pokemon in the banner again.