• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Forum Styles Discussion

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I've actually designed forum skins before for other forums, one of them in particular being a Pokémon one (Pokémon Elite 2000). What I did with these skins was pretty different from what Serebii does with types and contest types, but I figured I could throw the ideas for themes I did for that forum on the table and see what you guys think of them. Unlike some of the other suggestions, these themes aren't Pokémon-specific and could be blended with just about anything, but I feel combining them with Pokémon actually turned out pretty well.

Pokémon Post-Apocalyptic
Example: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/?styleid=31

Think of Pokémon with a dystopian taste of a post apocalyptic look, something from Fallout, Mad Max, or other similar setting where the forum buttons, graphics, and icons look beat-up and burnt over and the colors are generally desert-themed. I used a few pictures from post apocalyptic pictures along with movie picture captures from the movie The Book of Eli, and it turned out pretty well and gave the whole forum a nice and gritty Fallout-inspired feel to it.

Eon Twins A.D. 2300
Example: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/index.php?styleid=33

This one was a futuristic theme featuring Latios and Latias. Buttons and graphics looked more high-tech and generally tried to make the skin seem more like it was from the future.

Pokémon Urban Street
Example: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/?styleid=37

This skin had more of an urban feel to it with city and subway street themes along with using graffiti style text. Meanwhile, a lot of tarmac and concrete colored grays were used in terms of the color themes. Unsurprisingly, this turned out to be pretty popular with the community and I used it myself for quite some time back when I used to be there. I really liked the way this one turned out.

And there's some other ideas I have that I didn't actually put into action in the form of a skin on Pokémon Elite 2000, but Serebii could still easily use.

A Horror Skin

Something creepy, gothic, and unsettling would be pretty cool to see. And not something cartoonish as in Saturday morning Halloween cartoonish, but something genuinely disturbing and truly horror themed, as if Pokémon and the Silent Hill franchise suddenly had a crossover (which would be awesome, but will probably never happen).

A Military Skin

Essentially as if Pokémon and the army had been combined. Stencil lettering, gritty textures, camouflage background splashes, that kind of theme. Would probably be a hit to the Call of Duty and Battlefield fans that also frequently visit this forum.

A Fantasy Skin

Something that makes Pokémon look more like it came out of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, or that kind of thing, using some of the more Celtic style fonts out there with fantasy settings and themes.

These I think would be pretty cool and pretty flexible in terms of how they could be planned out and constructed. I'd love to help as well if you'd like. I've done skins before and I have loads of graphic design experience.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hmmm... I definately agree with the side games, Musical/Pokéathlon/etc, contest types.

But I really think that the games (RBGY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, BW) should be done first, as it looks off to only have themes for one set of games, and not have the rest, basically having a category foritself.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
we could really use a D/P/Pt style on here along with a water type skin you already seem to have the other types except for water since when this happens i can finally have a skin that I can switch to that i like i been using serebii.net skin since i joined

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
You clearly don't know your types very well as there are three missing. As as I have said, god knows a million times. I have been harassed for a water skin from the start. It will be the last type skin made. Last. And still you assume that you will like it.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I still maintain that a digimon scheme for April fool's day would be delicious (cue m. Bison video :) )

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
The Fairy-type theme is to bright and pink for me, but it looks good nonetheless.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I personally would love a Pokemon Mystery dungeon theme. I personally would prefer an Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness one, but Gates to Infinity is good too ^_^

Most of my other ideas have already been mentioned but ill say them anyways XD

A Ranger one.

Maybe one based on the different playable characters in the main games(Like, maybe start with Red and blue and show the evolution of the series, idk)? Maybe one male and one female?

A villain team one would be sweet, maybe one showing the evolution of the evil teams, kind of like the trainer ones i mentioned before.

Maybe ones for each of the pokemon movies? The first movie one would be epic.

Idk, just my opinions, ignore my humble user-ness XD

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I think a platinum theme would be cool and how about a trainer theme of like the youngsters or skaters

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I'd like for a theme, or a group of themes based on the Pokémon Anime. Like maybe a theme for each of the main characters on the show, and their corresponding colors. Like this: Ash/Dark or navy blue, Misty/Water Blue, Brock/Dirt-like colors, Tracey/White, May/Bright Red or Ruby Red, Max/Emerald Green or light green, Dawn/Pearl Pink, Iris/Purple, Cilan/Bright Green, Clemont/Bright Yellow, Bonnie/Darkish Orange, and Serena/Whatever shade of red May doesn't have. I know this sounds like a hassle though.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I would definitely like to see an ORAS/Primal Groudon & Primal Kyogre theme now that their official arts have been released (perhaps regular Groudon and Kyogre could also be worked in somehow), in keeping with the BW/B2W2 and XY skins. Plus, people love Ruby and Sapphire anyways.

I suppose there could also be region-based themes, with some region-relevant elements in the header. For example, for Kanto you could have a picture of the region in the center, and have like, Oak and Blue on one side and Giovanni and Mewtwo on the other. Or for Kalos, you could do the same thing with the map in the center, and on one side put Sycamore and Mega Lucario, and on the other, put AZ and Lysandre. Something like that.

Also, I'm curious about the status of the Fairy-type theme. I remember it being said a while back that a Pokémon would be chosen for it once all of the XY Pokémon were revealed, but it's still blank. So I was just wondering if there is a representative Pokémon in mind for it yet. Come on Klefki

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Since there aren't any mega pokemon represented by type, could we get a mega theme with a few on there?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I don't have any requests for future Serebii.Forums themes. I just wanted to express my appreciation for the Dark Type Theme! :D

I use it all the time, and it's what I think of when I come to Serebii to post. Whoever did it, well done! I love it.

Bert

Untitled
I'd actually enjoy a darker (not black please) non-Pokémon theme. I try to stay low-profile when browsing Serebii in class or on the train (prejudice, y'know) and I'm pretty much stuck with the Happy Style, which burns my eyes more often than not. A few years ago the Steel-type theme (with Registeel in the top banner) was pretty good, but it changed apparently and I'm not a big fan of the new one.

Totally get it if it's not going to happen, but I figured I'd ask.

Last edited: