• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future heart gold party

rook09

Of science.
My future hg party. Not sure on some of the move sets and natures. Item ideas are welcomed.

Feraligatr
Brave
-Hydro pump
-Super power
-Aqua tail
-Thrash

Ho-oh
Gentle
-Sky attack
-Sacred fire
-Fire blast
-Brave bird

Ampharos
Modest
-Charge
-Discharge
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt

Steelix
Impish
-Iron tail
-Earthquake
-Stone edge
-Double edge

Tyranitar
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Stone edge
-Crunch
-Thrash

Granbull
Adamant
-Crunch
-Super fang
-Fire fang
-Thunder fang

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Feraligatr @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Jolly
-Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
-Waterfall / Aqua Jet
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

DDGatr and SDGatr are both offensive beasts. Paired up with its already decent Attack Stat, Swords Dance and Dragon Dance turn it into an offensive beast. Which move you use is up to you; Personally, I prefer Dragon Dance to make you into a better Sweeper, but it's your choice. Just be aware that your STAB move depends on which booster you use. Waterfall pairs up with DD and Aqua Jet pairs up with SD. The other two moves are or coverage; Ice Punch for coverage and to stop Grass Types and flying Dragons from ruining your day, and Earthquake for more coverage. The item choice is yours, depending on wether you want more firepower or durability.

Ho-oh @ Life Orb / Muscle Band
Jolly
-Roost
-Earthquake
-Sacred Fire
-Brave bird

Alright, I'm guessing here. I have never used a Ho-Oh, but I think this should work well. Sacred Fire is one of the best moves in the game (IMO), and so it gets an immediate place on this set. Next, Brave Bird gives you double STAB and an incredibly powerful move. Earthquake rounds it off with added coverage. Roost is there to heal away the residual damage from brave Bird and Life Orb, although you may want to change the latter if you feel its recoil is too much. In this case, the Muscle Band should do fine.

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Bold
-HP[Ice] / Signal beam
-Discharge
-Toxic
-Protect

Right then. Firstly, 4 Electric moves on the same set = Ground Types lol at you. You need to change that. This set that I've given you looks gimmicky at first glance, but I've actually used it for a while myself and it's very effective when played correctly. I believe it was originally made by Eon Master. If you know how to, and can be bothered to, then rebreeding for HP[Ice] would work brilliantly but if not, then Signal Beam will probably get you by. The reason I didn't use Focus Blast, by the way, is because this set can't really afford a miss since it plays more defensively. Discharge is in there for the nice 30% effect rate which, when combined with Static, is actually pretty reliable. Toxic will help you out with Walls that you might otherwise struggle with, and Protect is in there to scout and stall. You will find that a lot of the stuff which Ampharos cannot beat enjoys exploding, too, namely Steels, so with a fair amount of prediction, you can stop these Pokémon. Finished with a Bold nature to boost your Defence a little, and Leftovers for steady recovery.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Sassy
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Again, it looks weird at first, but I've spent a very long time with this Steelix and it's very good when played well. The idea is to get Stealth Rock out, and then spam Roar until you find something which you can kill with Earthquake and Gyro Ball. This not only allows you to spread Stealth Rocks damage, but also reveals your opponent's team, so that you can be prepared for whatever comes next. On top of this, thanks to Roar and its great defences, Steelix is well-suited to getting rid of Setup Sweepers, as well as disrupting the opponent's team. A Sassy nature is used to power up Gyro Ball, and if you can, then you should also get a Steelix with 0 IVs in Speed, to power it up even more. The Leftovers are for obvious recovery.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Stone edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake

The standard DDTar. It plays in the same way as DDGatr, only much sturdier thanks to its 50% SpDef boost in the Sandstorm. The moveset provides Double STAB with Stone Edge and Crunch that can rip through most things, and Earthquake round it off nicely with a solid, reliable answer to Steels that would otherwise potentially threaten this set. The Leftovers are there instead of Life Orb to help you stay alive, as Tyranitar is very bulky.

Granbull @ Choice Band
Adamant
-Crunch
-Return
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch

CBull. With an Adamant Nature and CHoice Band behind it, plus a powerful, reliable STAB, there is very little that this set won't be able to hit very hard. Because Steels and Rocks resist your main STAB, Close Combat is in there to hit them hard and Crunch is for Ghosts who lol at both moves. Finally, Ice Punch gives you additional coverage against Flying Dragons for example, although be aware that a standard Return will do more damage than a 2x Ice Punch.

There you go! Suggestions in bold. Hope it helps. :)

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Tyranitar@Choiceband
Adamant
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail/Pursuit

Standard Choice Band Ttar. Stone Edge and Crunch for STAB they get fantastic coverage EQ for another power hit. Fourth slot is up to you i choose Aqua Tail over Pursuit so you can hit bulky grounds hard

You know, since you have a lot of offensive Pokemon, you could consider making Granbull more of a supportive Pokemon, and Ho-oh a mixed attacker.

Granbull (Impish Nature) @Leftovers
~Ability: Intimidate~
-Body Slam
-EQ/Crunch
-Heal Bell
-Toxic/Reflect/Thunder Wave/Charm

Ho-oh (Hasty Nature) @Life Orb
-Sacred Fire
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
-EQ
-Roost/Shadow Ball

You know, since you have a lot of offensive Pokemon, you could consider making Granbull more of a supportive Pokemon, and Ho-oh a mixed attacker.

Granbull (Impish Nature) @Leftovers
~Ability: Intimidate~
-Body Slam
-EQ/Crunch
-Heal Bell
-Toxic/Reflect/Thunder Wave/Charm

Ho-oh (Hasty Nature) @Life Orb
-Sacred Fire
-Thunder/Thunderbolt
-EQ
-Roost/Shadow Ball