• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

future Heart Gold team

vaporeon1234

Hi everyone, I need a little help for my future Heart Gold team. I have absolutely no idea, how to start the EV training... so here's my team, please, help me! :D

Victreebell @Lansat Berry
Jolly Nature, Clorophyll
I don't know, which Evs should I train?
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Sucker Punch
-Sleep Powder

Typhlosion @Life Orb
Modest Nature, Blaze
-Substitute
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Flamethrower

Cloyster @???
Modest Nature, Shell Armor
-Iron Defense
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf
-Ice Beam

I want a higher special attack stat, because of its movepool, which contains only a few physical attack.

Heracross @???
Adamant Nature, Guts
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge

Tyranitar @???
Adamant Nature, Sand Stream
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Aerial Ace
-Thunderfang

And I have no idea, which pokémon can be the last part of my team. Can you help me, please?

Attachments

• 071.png
    071.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 1

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Rock Slide > Stone Edge on Hera.

Typhlosion is better off with Flamethrower / Thunderpunch / Shadow Claw / Focus Miss.

vaporeon1234

thanks, I will do the changes soon :D what do you think for my sixth pokémon? I've always loved Dragonite, but it would be hard, to raise a Tyranitar and a Dragonite too...
umm, and sorry for my bad english, I'm only a beginner. :'DDD

Aura Sensei™

User Title
You English is fine :D

I think something like a Supporter would be nice , and part Special Sweeper since your Team is Physically biased.

Mr.Mime comes to mind. Thunder Wave / Calm Mind / Psychic / Shadow Ball is good.

vaporeon1234

I've never thought about using Mr Mime, I liked Alakazam and Espeon, but now I see, it's cool (and cute :D) and I like this moveset too. I think I'll use it :D

and maybe I should use poliwrath, vaporeon or lapras instead of cloyster... it's ridicoulus that cloyster can't learn waterfall. cloyster NEEDS waterfall. -.-'

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I have a Lapras and it is very helpful. My level 58 Lapras beat all of Lance's team single-handedly (post-Kanto gyms).

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ That is useless to him really.

Poliwrath seems goo dwith Waterfall / Brick Break / Bulk Up / Substitute.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I don't see how it is useless on the count of Lapras can be caught very early. It has the defenses to survive attacks and has good coverage with Ice Water and Electric (Surf, T-Bolt, Ice Beam, and Psychic).

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
This isn't a Recent Happenings Thread. If you're going to Rate , then suggest stuff to him.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I have no interest in arguing with you. I've already posted a set that works for Lapras (Surf, T-Bolt, Ice Beam, and Psychic).

vaporeon1234

i think i'm gonna use poliwrath. i like lapras, but it will be hard getting two TMs in the game corner, i'm not really good in it... and i already have a level 36 poliwhirl. the moveset is pretty good too, the only thing i wanna change is that maybe i use belly drum instead of substitute..:D

thank you guys! :D

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Poliwrath
Adamant Nature
Moves:
Substitute
Waterfall
Ice Punch/Bulk Up
Focus Punch