• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future HeartGold Team

RiRiGaGaLover

As usual I'm not concerned with EV's or natures (unless they suck, then I will find one that doesn't). Tear 'em up!

Spr_4h_160.png

Feraligatr
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Spr_4p_467.png

Magmortar w/ Flame Body
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Spr_4h_034.png

Nidoking w/ Poison Point
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Surf
- ???

Spr_4p_468.png

Togekiss w/ Serene Grace
- Fly
- Aura Sphere
- Extrasensory
- Air Slash

Spr_4h_143.png

Snorlax w/ Immunity/Thick Fat
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

Spr_4h_003_m.png

Venusaur w/ Overgrow
- Petal Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis/Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

Last edited:

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
For Feraligatr,Ice Punch instead of Ice Fang and Earthquake instead of Superpower.

For Magmortar,Focus Blast instead of Confuse Ray.

For Togekiss,Air Slash in the final slot.

For Snorlax,Earthquake instead of Ice Punch.

For Venusaur,Earthquake instead of Outrage.

edonub

As usual I'm not concerned with EV's or natures (unless they suck, then I will find one that doesn't). Tear 'em up!

Spr_4h_160.png

Feraligatr
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

Not bad. If you let your mom save money for you for enough time, you can eventually get a Choice Scarf which suits this set very well.

Spr_4p_467.png

Magmortar w/ Flame Body
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Confuse Ray /Focus Blast/Fire Blast/Substitute

Magmortar is pretty frail, status moves aren't the best option. Fire Blast gives you a very strong attack with reliable accuracy, Substitute is fun to use if you know the enemy team or moves; Focus Blast is inaccurate but gives good coverage.

Spr_4h_034.png

Nidoking w/ Poison Point
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

Nidoking doesn't have stellar offenses, so avoid going mixed. Adapt to your nature, and go with either Earth Power/Sludge Bomb or Poison Jab/Earthquake for main STAB moves. Coverage movepool is huge, just use what you like most. Only a suggestion, super effective Dragon Pulse without STAB will fail to even two hit the various dragonite/kingdra etc you'll find, unless you're really overleveled. Don't use Nidoking as a way to KO dragons, you'll be disappointed on the important battles.

Spr_4p_468.png

Togekiss w/ Serene Grace
- Fly
- Aura Sphere
- Extrasensory
- Air Slash/Tri Attack

Flinch hax, always handy ingame. you'll never use Fly in battle due to Togekiss's bad physical attack. Or you can run Tri Attack for a nice STAB move with 40% chance of inflicting a status.

Spr_4h_143.png

- Return
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

This works ok, I don't see the need of Zen Headbut though (most Fighting types will be faster than you so you won't like staying in). Also, consider Body Slam for the nice paralysis chance.

Spr_4h_003_m.png

Venusaur w/ Overgrow
- Petal Dance/Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis/Leech Seed
- Outrage/Sleep Powder

Locking yourself in a grass type move isn't that great, so I'd go for something more reliable. Outrage sucks if unSTABed and your physical attack isnt stellar as well. Not to mention, the only type you really need help with is Steel, which resists Dragon too. Sleep Powder is very helpful for both battling and catching stuff, Leech Seed is the best ingame status (it stacks with sleep, the AI never switches, and even on big battles, Full Restores don't remove it). And again, don't use Venusaur to kill dragons. they'll probably be faster than you, bulky enough to take even two, and then you'll be left with a confused/dead Venusaur and a full restored dragonite.

Suggestions in bold

Ditto B1tch

For Feraligatr,Ice Punch instead of Ice Fang and Earthquake instead of Superpower.

For Magmortar,Focus Blast instead of Confuse Ray.

For Togekiss,Air Slash in the final slot.

For Snorlax,Earthquake instead of Ice Punch.

For Venusaur,Earthquake instead of Outrage.

Do you think that TM26 Earthquake grows in trees?

Well, below is my suggestion:

Spr_4h_160.png

Feraligatr
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

Replace Ice Fang and Superpower with Ice Punch and Earthquake.

Suggested item: Mystic Water

Spr_4p_467.png

Magmortar w/ Flame Body
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Confuse Ray

Replace Confuse Ray with Focus Blast.

Suggested item: Charcoal

Spr_4h_034.png

Nidoking w/ Poison Point
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

I would replace Dragon Pulse with Dragon Claw.

Suggested item: Soft Sand

Spr_4p_468.png

Togekiss w/ Serene Grace
- Fly
- Aura Sphere
- Extrasensory
- ???

Teach Flamethrower.

Suggested item: Leftovers

Spr_4h_143.png

- Return
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch

Very good moveset. Immunity is better than Thick Fat. I would replace Return with Swords Dance.

Suggested item: Shell Bell

Spr_4h_003_m.png

Venusaur w/ Overgrow
- Petal Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Outrage

Good Venusaur. Replace Petal Dance with Seed Bomb or Giga Drain. And replace Synthesis with Double Team or Sleep Powder.

Suggested item: Miracle Seed

edonub

About Snorlax, seeing he's got two immunities to the poison status on his team already, Immunity is just redundant while two extra resistances are definitely helpful on a pokemon that's bound to take hits due to its lack of speed. Also, a strong STAB like Return or Body Slam is mandatory on Snorlax.

RiRiGaGaLover

You guys are great, keep it coming!

I edited the OP with what I like/what makes the most sense to me.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Muscle Band > Mystic Water on Gatr.

Nidoking has a much better Special Movepoo imo , so Earth Power / Ice Beam / Superpower / Thunderbolt is good for a Mixed set. Blissey gets killed too.

A SubSeed set might be fun on Venusaur and then add Energy Ball + Sludge Bomb and voila.