• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future improvements to the games

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
In what ways do you think that pokemon main series can improve in future gens so that the franchise can keep going strong.
Well, these are my thoughts. The gameplay is solid and we don't need to change any of that, the graphics are getting better and better ( 3D !! ) so the only thing that I see that can be improved more is the story. Specifically, connections between different gens. Each gens has it's own story but I feel that all of them are left quite open ended. The later gens should improve on the story of the previous ones IMO.
So, what do you think can be improved in future gens ?

Meeker

It needs a fence.
Maybe a bit more things to do after the main story, stuff to get you hooked, rather than things to pass over. The PWT was good, but it was still pretty ordinary. The ability to battle the previous gym leaders was nice though.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I personally believe there should be more multiple choice dialogue that actually changes the outcome of the adventure...

Bananarama

The light is coming
Actually having a multiplayer option where you can interact with others on the field.

floodz66

The Masked Trainer
No more cut scenes that we cant skip!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Gameplay wise, I believe they should tweak the type chart some more to make it a bit more balanced. For instance, giving Poison more type advantages and Ice more resistances (and before anyone brings this up, they don't need completely new types to do that, we don't need any new ones).

Storyline wise, I'd like to see actual sidequests similar to the Quests we get in Ranger. I don't think a decision based storyline would be good for this game unless we can have multiple files or a New Game + feature, because then in order to see the different endings you'd need to delete your progress which is something a lot of people would be unwilling to do.

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
I'm pretty happy which what the main already have. I don't see anything that drastically needs to/be change/improved.
What i would prefer though, is some sort of interaction with the main games and the spin-offs, such as the one of Manaphy.

Not only that, though. For example, i am really enjoying the spin-offs of the series. Perhaps, other genres? Like they did with Pokemon Conquest. I would love a Spin-off in RTS genre (Real-time-strategy) and who knows, this being total interactive with the main series? Being able to "capture" Pokemons in the Spin-off games and transfer them to the main game you have (not everyone enjoys receiving pokemons via Wi-fi) would be a nice addition, imho.

Unredemption

A decision-based storyline has to have enough meat in the basic storyline, else the value of different endings won't be as spectacular. Also, we do have to remember that the target audience for Pokemon includes kids, so we probably aren't ever going to get a good/evil split ending for fear of screwing up their moral compass.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Not only that, though. For example, i am really enjoying the spin-offs of the series. Perhaps, other genres? Like they did with Pokemon Conquest. I would love a Spin-off in RTS genre (Real-time-strategy) and who knows, this being total interactive with the main series? Being able to "capture" Pokemons in the Spin-off games and transfer them to the main game you have (not everyone enjoys receiving pokemons via Wi-fi) would be a nice addition, imho.

It should work both ways. That way, you can also transfer your Pokemon to the spin off games and battle with them in entirely new ways.

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
It should work both ways. That way, you can also transfer your Pokemon to the spin off games and battle with them in entirely new ways.

This, this, this. Especially if one could actually somehow trade between them rather that a one-way transfer.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Stopping the level 9. and under legendary trades on the GTS. Seriously, I once looked for a Patrat for fun and someone wanted a level 9 Victini.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I'd like if Pokémon could learn more than 4 moves, maybe up to 6. Simple but it would add variety to the games.

Inferno Vulpix

Despicably Average
I heard a lot of people saying that the choices they make should actually make a difference in the plot. I think similarly, but the plot should be formatted in a way that your decisions are valid, but you still go through the same plot anyways.

So if you were asked to join Team [name], you could say no. Your rival would also be there and would battle the other guy and then, afterwards, battle you for fun.

But if you said yes to join Team [name], your rival would object, beat the other guy, and then battle you to 'shake you out of it'.

Both paths lead to the end result of you not joining the enemy team, and the plot goes as intended. But at that crucial point where you're given the choice, you can actually say something different without getting stuck in a boring 'no' loop

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I heard a lot of people saying that the choices they make should actually make a difference in the plot. I think similarly, but the plot should be formatted in a way that your decisions are valid, but you still go through the same plot anyways.

So if you were asked to join Team [name], you could say no. Your rival would also be there and would battle the other guy and then, afterwards, battle you for fun.

But if you said yes to join Team [name], your rival would object, beat the other guy, and then battle you to 'shake you out of it'.

Both paths lead to the end result of you not joining the enemy team, and the plot goes as intended. But at that crucial point where you're given the choice, you can actually say something different without getting stuck in a boring 'no' loop

This is an utterly genius idea, I like that.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Pokecloud.

Store Pokemon, W/L ratings, friend lists/codes, and all your other fun statistics between games on the Internet. No more needing to buy superfluous hardware; if I want to send Pokemon or items from Pokemon X to Pokemon Quadratic Formula, instead of shelling out $150 for a used 3DS, it's just a matter of uploading the 'mons from X, then retrieving them on Quadratic Formula. A friend registered on one game's Pal Pad is registered on all the other games synced to your Pokecloud account, your W/L ratio can be synced between games on the account, plus the Dream World. Use the GTS site with the Pokecloud to make trades, and give an option to show Pokemon on the Pokecloud to other people. Want to start a new file on one of your games, but don't want to lose the Pokemon? Pokecloud's your guy; upload the 'mons, start a new file, then sync the new file to your Pokecloud account to retrieve the Pokemon. Possibly overly ballsy, but put Pokedex completion on the Pokecloud as well, and let synced games send and receive Pokedex data to your other games.

it'll never happen but it'd be cool