• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future improvements to the games

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Pokecloud.

Store Pokemon, W/L ratings, friend lists/codes, and all your other fun statistics between games on the Internet. No more needing to buy superfluous hardware; if I want to send Pokemon or items from Pokemon X to Pokemon Quadratic Formula, instead of shelling out $150 for a used 3DS, it's just a matter of uploading the 'mons from X, then retrieving them on Quadratic Formula. A friend registered on one game's Pal Pad is registered on all the other games synced to your Pokecloud account, your W/L ratio can be synced between games on the account, plus the Dream World. Use the GTS site with the Pokecloud to make trades, and give an option to show Pokemon on the Pokecloud to other people. Want to start a new file on one of your games, but don't want to lose the Pokemon? Pokecloud's your guy; upload the 'mons, start a new file, then sync the new file to your Pokecloud account to retrieve the Pokemon. Possibly overly ballsy, but put Pokedex completion on the Pokecloud as well, and let synced games send and receive Pokedex data to your other games.

it'll never happen but it'd be cool

LOL at Pokemon Quadratic Formula.

But yeah, I agree that some sort of Cloud based Pokemon Box type game would be convenient.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I would love for future pokemon games to add customization of the player's character. Like we can custom our own character the hair,the size, clothes etc. In the gameplay,they can put a clothes shop. Also the feature to play with your pokemon,it will be cute and fun to be with them. Well that are my ideas.

icebolt

Aerial Ace
I think the games could do with non-linear gyms... as in you can freely wander around the region and challenge whichever gyms you want, in the order that you want, and the gym levels will be based upon how many badges you have. This might cause some level balancing problems though so I don't know whether it would work. With that, I think the gyms and Pokemon League should be rendered an optional sidequest - that will allow room for more interesting storylines.

Also, REVAMP THE DANG GEN I AND II CRIES ALREADY. They sound terribly out-of-place when combined with the newer, better cries.

shadorai

wandering trainer
i think we should be able to customize our characters.

xDWarrior

Customize our characters. Light type (just cause it probably won't happen doesn't mean I can't want it).

Ang3l

Character customisation is a definite yes for me, I've been wanting that for SO long. In regards to pokedex completion I would like to see a TSR (Trade Simulation Robot) in the game so that if you have a pokemon that only evolves via trade you can use the robot instead of having to trade with another person. To encourage trading between friends the TSR could cost alot of money/heart scales/shards or perhaps allowing only one trade every x amount of days, but still have the option available to people who just don't have friends that play the game. I would also like secret bases to come back because I thought they were quite fun. When you leave a pokemon at the daycare centre I think it would be neat to have a mini-game option where you can play games with them at the centre. For people who enjoy IV training I think they could introduce another mini-game that increases a particular stat by completeing certain 'training courses'. Please re-introduce the pokemon following you around because that was awesome! And please have more storage boxes so that when people want to complete the pokedex they can keep all the pokemon to show for it. Obviously a game that has all the pokemon and regions available would be fantastic, but it would require alot of memory. Perhaps on the WiiU??

SilverFox

So sly
I would like for one generation have the Champion be the man bad guy and the Elite 4 and the Gym Leaders are his/her Admins, and you set off to take him/her down. It's still doing the gym thing and collecting badges, but there's an actually reason for the gym challenge this time. I think it would be a nice change of pace for one gen and one gen only.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The only improvement I want is for them to eliminate the option for asking for underleveled legendaries

I actually don't want more ties between generations, mainly because I like how open-ended it is. I don't really like how they've handled previous game protagonists in the story.

I would love to see dialogue options, though.

DarthVader

1) Bring back the VS Seeker, Pokemon following you, and other nice features which are inexplicably removed in subsequent Pokemon games. I liked the Underground as well so I hope that returns in a future game.

2) Let us explore two regions again.

3) I can accept the need for HMs in some instances (e.g. to block part of the road we're not supposed to have access to yet), but beyond that, we shouldn't need to carry around those HMs all the time. It's annoying when there's random trees, boulders, rock climb spots, places where you need flash, etc for no reason other than to be annoying.

Cutty

Forever now
I'd like to have TCG in the game.
And other stuff thats been mentioned. Its cool that we can play as other character.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
1) Bring back the VS Seeker, Pokemon following you, and other nice features which are inexplicably removed in subsequent Pokemon games. I liked the Underground as well so I hope that returns in a future game.

Also, stop inexplicably removing features which are useful to the game in the first place. That annoys me when they do that.

2) Let us explore two regions again.

No, exploring two regions tends to cause problems for pacing (the first region ends too early, the second regions ends with your Pokemon at absurdly high levels) and distribution (some regional dex Pokemon are only available in the second region, which gets annoying). I'd rather have one large region like Hoenn or Sinnoh.

wolf1095

Grass Type Trainer
Most of what people have already said is stuff that I would dearly like to be changed/put into the game...

But the #1 thing I want the most (at least first), is character customization.. There is nothing I hate more than being forced to use a character that is bland and lacking in personal uniqueness (imo).

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
But keep in mind though that if you want more clothes, you may have to do a cross game feature with the likes of Savvy Fashion thingy game on the 3DS E-shop: just like how they Combined Animal Crossing's characters with that fashion shopping game on 3DS.

Since everything is now 3D, fashion demands could have possible price tags.

True that I could agree with everyone that they wanted important features from past generations back (contests, walking pokemon, Vs. Seeker, etc). But don' you guys think tat you're asking Gamefreak to postpone their October 23 launch if all of us expected this to return in X and Y? but I bet in the next possible releases, it will be longer for them to release thanks to the 3D elements. Possibly every 4-6 years

skeletorissatan

Up the level cap by 50 i would have said, also definitely the Pokemon in wild and that trainers have need to be scaled up and they should have the evolved forms of pokemon where they can. There is no use in having a Zubat level 30 like has been seen many times before when they could have a Golbat or crobat. Also, i would have said to let all trainers use potions and improve AI and diversify what pokemon they have.

applemania

I know that many people are against new types, but I would love to see a Cosmic/Space type be introduced- it really doesn't step on the toes of any other types (as Light or Sound are constantly criticized when suggested) and would open up a whole new approach to design and inspiration for pokemon.

I can already think of various moves for it: Laser Beam, Black Hole, Supernova, Radiation, Comet, Anti-Grativy, Meteor Shower, Plasma Shield, Pulsar, Gamma Ray, something to do with Ultraviolet and Infrared etc

We would have tons of pokemon introduced with a more futuristic and unique design to them, as for the type chart I'm sure it could be implemented to keep it balanced, but add a new element of play/strategy.

skeletorissatan

I agree a Cosmic or Space type would be nice, im not against new types i like the new strategy they bring into the games. The games get a bit stale after the exact same rock-paper-scissors style for ten fights in a row, so new types spice it up a bit. I also think poison and bug should be the same thing to be honest, they're too similar.