• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future improvements to the games

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I would love to see a bunch of sidequests to do after you beat the game so you don't get bored.

skeletorissatan

Yeah you need more endgame stuff it gets boring afterwards, have missions like go fetch "x item" from "x location" or something to at least give it SOME length after the end of the game

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Okay. I have an idea. You know how you need another DS to transfer Pokes? Instead, we should be able to upload our Pokemon to the Dream World in Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and then downloading them in X/Y. Good idea, huh?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
True that I could agree with everyone that they wanted important features from past generations back (contests, walking pokemon, Vs. Seeker, etc). But don' you guys think tat you're asking Gamefreak to postpone their October 23 launch if all of us expected this to return in X and Y? but I bet in the next possible releases, it will be longer for them to release thanks to the 3D elements. Possibly every 4-6 years

No one said they HAVE to be in XY. It's more like a wishlist than anything else.

I would love to see a bunch of sidequests to do after you beat the game so you don't get bored.

I'd like a sidequest system similar to Ranger's and have stuff to do both before and after you beat the game.

Okay. I have an idea. You know how you need another DS to transfer Pokes? Instead, we should be able to upload our Pokemon to the Dream World in Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and then downloading them in X/Y. Good idea, huh?

IDK if that's the best way to handle it. I'd use a 3DS app to transfer them.

skeletorissatan

they should definitely have some side quests in there at some point. look at the improvement side-quests made to the borderlands series

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
For 6th gen, story that involves past characters you played with from other games as champion, elite four member's, random involvement etc (I liked that aspect from second gen games), various villain teams instead of just one, the way they brought it back into the anime with black and white (kind of like team magma vs team aqua but more like team plasma versus team galactic), reburst stuff like that, it doesn't need to be exactly like that but something that hasn't been done before in the video games but has been in the manga or anime. Whoever writes the story for the manga should write the story for the video game's, they're really well written story's, especially second, 3rd and 4th gen.

SilverFox

So sly

I hope its something having to do with having only one 3DS, cuz I don't wanna get two.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The GTS needs to be improved.

- no more level 9 and under legendary requests, all legendary requests must be at least "level 30 or higher", and maybe also make it so that you can request a legendary only if you also offer a legendary.

- let us look for Pokemon that are not listed in our Dex, but to "balance" it, give a limitation to it. For example, at the beginning of the game we can look only for stuffs that can be found in the beginning of other games, like Taillow or Sentret (which are early route Pokemon in R/S/E and G/S/C respectively). But as we advance, we get more options, and after we finished the E4, we can look for various legendaries.

- put more filters, like searching based on shiny-ness, searching based on hold item, and searching based on request.

- enable us to just look for random Pokemon, either completely random, based on country, based on level, and any other filters. It's annoying when I just want any Pokemon from a certain country, but I don't know what Pokemon is being offered from that country. No one has the time to look through 600+ (and soon 700+) Pokemon.

- either give us more searching result, or let us shuffle/refresh the result to get a new result.

- fix that bug where traded offer stays on the result list, it's annoying when we click on a trade that we can do, only to see "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else".
Why the hell they are still listed on the result list if they have been traded away, it doesn't make any sense.
In fact, even the existence of the "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else" dialogue doesn't make any sense at all, because it means they know the bug is there, they just don't bother to fix it, which is stupid.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The GTS needs to be improved.

- no more level 9 and under legendary requests, all legendary requests must be at least "level 30 or higher", and maybe also make it so that you can request a legendary only if you also offer a legendary.

- let us look for Pokemon that are not listed in our Dex, but to "balance" it, give a limitation to it. For example, at the beginning of the game we can look only for stuffs that can be found in the beginning of other games, like Taillow or Sentret (which are early route Pokemon in R/S/E and G/S/C respectively). But as we advance, we get more options, and after we finished the E4, we can look for various legendaries.

- put more filters, like searching based on shiny-ness, searching based on hold item, and searching based on request.

- enable us to just look for random Pokemon, either completely random, based on country, based on level, and any other filters. It's annoying when I just want any Pokemon from a certain country, but I don't know what Pokemon is being offered from that country. No one has the time to look through 600+ (and soon 700+) Pokemon.

- either give us more searching result, or let us shuffle/refresh the result to get a new result.

- fix that bug where traded offer stays on the result list, it's annoying when we click on a trade that we can do, only to see "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else".
Why the hell they are still listed on the result list if they have been traded away, it doesn't make any sense.
In fact, even the existence of the "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else" dialogue doesn't make any sense at all, because it means they know the bug is there, they just don't bother to fix it, which is stupid.

Pretty much this.

Also, they should let you view the Summary screen of the Pokemon being offered, that way you can check for things like stats, movesets, abilities, as well as being able to detect hacks. Going along with that idea, maybe they could also have some sort of report system for hacks if you find one.

Fruits26

It's GATR time!
Having more stories with additional legendaries would be nice too. The story behind the legendary birds was ok, but think about Entei in FR/LG. When I played these games, i didn't even know you could catch them ._.

Aurapaki

Peasent of Arceus
Stopping the level 9. and under legendary trades on the GTS. Seriously, I once looked for a Patrat for fun and someone wanted a level 9 Victini.

I tottaly agree with you Trading is supposed to be fun I dont want an Emolga for a lv. 9 Dialga!

725roy

ambivolent
I'd personally like to see more rewards for dex completion, kind of how they did in B2/W2

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I want Trainers you encounter to use more items, like revive, potion, etc, and to have more stuff to do after the main story.
Also I want character customization and to be able to make decisions that actually affect the plot/story.
I doubt it would happen, but I think it would be cool to be able to join the villains.
Return of the POKERADAR!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I've said this many a time, but make items that eventually negate the need for HMs.

That is, save up enough Pokedollars, or whatever, and you can buy, say, a hatchet, that means you don't need Cut anymore. That way you still have the HM in desperate situations but when you can afford it, just buy the item to replace it and it can just be a key item, rather than having HM slaves. Also it gives an actual use of the stockpiles of money your character saves up all game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I've said this many a time, but make items that eventually negate the need for HMs.

That is, save up enough Pokedollars, or whatever, and you can buy, say, a hatchet, that means you don't need Cut anymore. That way you still have the HM in desperate situations but when you can afford it, just buy the item to replace it and it can just be a key item, rather than having HM slaves. Also it gives an actual use of the stockpiles of money your character saves up all game.

They probably won't do that because HMs reflect the idea of Pokemon helping humans. If you could just use items to clear obstacles, then what do you need Pokemon for?

SimH8

Character customisation is a definite yes for me, I've been wanting that for SO long. In regards to pokedex completion I would like to see a TSR (Trade Simulation Robot) in the game so that if you have a pokemon that only evolves via trade you can use the robot instead of having to trade with another person. To encourage trading between friends the TSR could cost alot of money/heart scales/shards or perhaps allowing only one trade every x amount of days, but still have the option available to people who just don't have friends that play the game. I would also like secret bases to come back because I thought they were quite fun. When you leave a pokemon at the daycare centre I think it would be neat to have a mini-game option where you can play games with them at the centre. For people who enjoy IV training I think they could introduce another mini-game that increases a particular stat by completeing certain 'training courses'. Please re-introduce the pokemon following you around because that was awesome! And please have more storage boxes so that when people want to complete the pokedex they can keep all the pokemon to show for it. Obviously a game that has all the pokemon and regions available would be fantastic, but it would require alot of memory. Perhaps on the WiiU??

I like all of these ideas, especially the TSR.