• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Let's Go Remakes Discussion Thread (ex. Johto or Hoenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
For 5th generation, I can see Let's Go Axew and Let's Go Zorua but 6th generation... that Generation surprisingly does not have many, if at all any iconic basic-evolution Pokemon compared to it's fully-evolved counterparts.

Pokemon Power

Guys, we're supposed to be discussing what future Let's Go games could be about, not complaining about the fact that Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee seem very limited right now. Besides, I have a feeling Pokemon from future generations will be added for free in future updates like the Dream Friends in Kirby Star Allies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
For 5th generation, I can see Let's Go Axew and Let's Go Zorua but 6th generation... that Generation surprisingly does not have many, if at all any iconic basic-evolution Pokemon compared to it's fully-evolved counterparts.

I definitely see a Let's GO for Zorua. That's a shoe-in.

As for Gen 6... I agree. I got nothing. lol

Nockturne

Let's Go Pancham and Dedenne?

Both got a decent amount of face time in the anime thanks to Serena and Bonnie. Flabébé and Espurr could be wildcard possibilities. But I agree Kalos is definitely thin on the ground in terms of iconic contributions to the Pokedex

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Let's Go Pancham and Dedenne?

Both got a decent amount of face time in the anime thanks to Serena and Bonnie. Flabébé and Espurr could be wildcard possibilities. But I agree Kalos is definitely thin on the ground in terms of iconic contributions to the Pokedex

Let's GO Floette would be a nice makeup for how they handled (or didn't handle) Eternal Floette.

I'd definitely walk around with Floette as my buddy, especially a blue one.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Did you even READ your own links? They contradict your point.

This article, which you shared, proves my point far more than yours.
https://www.businessinsider.com/gamers-prefer-mobile-but-dont-spend-money-there-2016-11

It literally states that the gamers who also play mobile perfer spending money on PC and console. That is EXACTLY what Game Freak is looking for. You were so busy trying to make a point, you didn't even realize you made mine.

The other two articles only confirm most mobile gamers don't spend much money on mobile games. They say nothing about their preference towards console games, but the article above does. So you know what your three articles did? Nothing.

That's not a contradiction. Just because they're in both markets doesn't mean they're playing the same games in both markets. The articles don't say much about the kinds of games console gamers play, but the Switch sales do. There's several games on that list which are open world adventure games or otherwise emphasize exploring large spaces. If you look around at other consoles like the PS4, you'll see a lot of the same thing.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
That's not a contradiction. Just because they're in both markets doesn't mean they're playing the same games in both markets. The articles don't say much about the kinds of games console gamers play, but the Switch sales do. There's several games on that list which are open world adventure games or otherwise emphasize exploring large spaces. If you look around at other consoles like the PS4, you'll see a lot of the same thing.

Dude, stop. It's over, and now you're reaching.

Your 'findings' didn't get you anywhere, as expected. You don't know more than Game Freak. Admit it, and move on.

Colt45

Cobalt

I think Pancham and Tyrunt have potential, even if they're not iconic now. Helioptile too maybe?

As for Gen 7, Rockruff's probably a shoe-in.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think Pancham and Tyrunt have potential, even if they're not iconic now. Helioptile too maybe?

As for Gen 7, Rockruff's probably a shoe-in.

I'm still struggling to find one for Gen 6. It just didn't get enough press.

Perhaps, and it's a stretch, Hawlucha could be a mascot for a Let's GO game. If not Hawlucha, maybe Floette. It would certainly make up for the loss of Eternal Flower Floette.

Creyk

I think they would just make following games with the usual starters of the region...and you could pick out of the 3. Remember this game is "special" in that way because it's a remake of Yellow but if it was a remake of Emerald for example then there would be 3 starters to choose from.

shoz999

I think they would just make following games with the usual starters of the region...and you could pick out of the 3. Remember this game is "special" in that way because it's a remake of Yellow but if it was a remake of Emerald for example then there would be 3 starters to choose from.
That would definitely solve the lack of iconic basic-stage Pokemon to represent Kalos.

Acer11

I wonder if each remake will feature only pokemon up to that generation (For example, the remake of Crystal would feature the first 251 pokemon, hold items, no abilities, and Meltan and Melmetal) and a few new Pokemon.

shoz999

I wonder if each remake will feature only pokemon up to that generation (For example, the remake of Crystal would feature the first 251 pokemon, hold items, no abilities, and Meltan and Melmetal) and a few new Pokemon.
Personally I just want to see Johto and Hoenn get HD remakes and new mega evolutions for each Generation.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Personally I just want to see Johto and Hoenn get HD remakes and new mega evolutions for each Generation.

To be honest, I'd rather they skip Johto and Hoenn and go straight to Sinnoh, since Johto and Hoenn already received remakes.

I know a Sinnoh Let's GO isn't the remake most fans are waiting for, but it's better than no remake at all, and after the trial and errors for both LGPE and the upcoming Gen 8 title, I'm certain that Let's GO game would be vastly improved.

shoz999

To be honest, I'd rather they skip Johto and Hoenn and go straight to Sinnoh, since Johto and Hoenn already received remakes.

I know a Sinnoh Let's GO isn't the remake most fans are waiting for, but it's better than no remake at all, and after the trial and errors for both LGPE and the upcoming Gen 8 title, I'm certain that Let's GO game would be vastly improved.
Actually I'd prefer they give Sinnoh a proper core game remake before they are committed to a Let's Go one. After Sinnoh, they can do Johto, continuing a new pattern of releases.

DSDark

Breeder
Personally I'll never get these game but I do think they serve a purpose which is to introduce a new generation of pokemon fans to the games. I honestly don't think you'll see a new Let's go game for a while. This because once LGPE come out there purpose will be served, you'll a nice entry game into the series. After the new players get LGPE there next pokemon game should be Pokemon 2019. Once players have done the full transition the need for a Let's go game will lessen. However if they are do more let's go game I could see the following

LG: Marill and Togepi
LG: Ralts and Skitty
LG: Munchlax and Pachirisu
LG: Axew and Zorua
LG: Dedenne and Panchem
LG: Rockruff and Stufful

However if they keep doing the remakes and the Let's go they can keep pumping out new pokemon games every year. We already started to have that

2013: Gen 6
2014: Gen 3 remake
2015: Nothing
2016: Gen 7
2017: Gen 7 sequel
2018: LG Gen 1
2019: Gen 8

2020: Gen 4 remake
2021: Gen 8 sequel
2022: LG Gen 2
2023: Gen 9
2024: Gen 5 remake
2025 Gen 9 sequel
2026: LG Gen 3 (twelve year gap)
2027: Gen 10
2028: gen 6 remake
2029: gen 10 sequel
2030: LG gen 4 (Ten year gap, plenty of time)

Last edited:

Lumineon457

Let's Go! Z1 and Z2 for Gen VI.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

Cough! Let's go Skiddo and Let's Go Espurr!

A cute goat and a kitty that may or may not be staring into your soul!

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Let's see obviously we have Johto which I think is easy enough

Togepi and Marill seem to fit well. They could add baby Pokemon as well to make it a bit more balanced.

Then we have 3rd gen an onwards so

Gen 3: Ralts and Trapinch. After all one was viable for a mega at one point

Gen 4: Riolu and Shinx. Both are pretty viable and while Riolu is infinitely more popular, Shinx is pretty popular from what I saw too.

Gen 5: Axew and Emolga. I know this is based off the anime but they were cute choices.

Gen 6 Espurr and Skiddo seem very popular choices as well. (I adore Espurr so that's another thing too)

Status
Not open for further replies.