• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Let's Go Remakes Discussion Thread (ex. Johto or Hoenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nockturne

I'm using somewhat roundabout logic but I just looked up the lists of Pokemon you can play as in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the only Gen 3 Pokemon besides the starters is Skitty. So based on that I'd say its a likely candidate for getting its own version if they make LG Hoenn games. Plus if they go with one version being aimed at boys one version aimed at girls, which they kinda seem to be doing with Pikcahu/Eevee respectively, it would fit the girl version stereotype.

Nockturne

I guess not, but them even existing is hypothetical at this point, so all we can do is assume based on Pikachu/Eevee. And to be honest I'd be a little disappointed if any future instalments just had you pick from that regions starters, I like the idea of Pokemon games with non traditional starters. And I'm not sure why but not letting the starter evolve seems weirder to me when the starter is an actual starter

The Unknown Trainer

For a Johto Let's Go Game

Let's Go Elekid and Let's Go Magby would be great to see

For Sinnoh Let's Go Riolu

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it would make sense for them to move away from the partner things and forcing such hypothetical games to be focused on your partner like that. Let them be the Johto starters for instance which can evolve, and come up with some other idea for e.g. using HMs to get past obstacles.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
To be honest I can't even see the Let's go games continuing with Johto and onwards. Especially with the lack of two starring Pokemon everyone knows. The only candidat I can think off is Togepi. Maybe Pichu, but why the hell would they do that if it's evolution Pikachu was already in the Kanto games. But Togepi is just like Elekid, Magby and the other baby Pokemon pathetically weak so these being starter Pokemon is unlikely from the beginning.

The only thing I can see working is making a game each for the Starter. Or making one game with the three starter choice as usual. But knowing they're always aiming for two games, I don't think this is going to happen either.

I think this was an one time experiment and for the sake of the nostalgia to bring out another Kanto game for the fanbase.

BCVM22

"Lack of two starring Pokémon" everyone knows wouldn't be a prohibitive factor. They'd find a way around it without too much bloodshed, I think.

As for the rest, every comment from the decision makers seems to indicate that if LGP/E sell well enough, there's strong consideration that Let's GO would be spun off into its own branch of the franchise. I certainly don't think it's a "one time experiment," at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.