• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future of Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all this was between me and HGH so you don't really need to stick in your nose when its not needed. Azurill still doesn't count as I pointed out before it is a Normal Pokemon. We can't judge anything based on IF Misty returns blah blah blah. We can only judge on what we have seen so far its likely she might never even return. Gaining a Pokemon's trust doesn't mean you're its OT thats ********. It's a Gym Pokemon and Misty is a Gym Leader end-of-story. She has a bond with Gyarados thats why she uses it outside of the Gym plus shes the Leader she can do whatever she wants. Misty could do a lot of things but since she's likely to not appear again she could of been eaten by man eating sharks for all we know.

This is a forum lol, not your private chat box. Anyone can butt in anytime as they please.

On Topic: I think Iris's plot line is more or less over, but she could still get some development through further bonding with Dragonite. I think Charizard and Ash would be some sort of inspiration for her. Bu after BW? I think she's staying in Unova. The writers won't pull another Misty and take her to France(?). I think we'll have a new female MC again

Lucille

This is a forum lol, not your private chat box. Anyone can butt in anytime as they please.

On Topic: I think Iris's plot line is more or less over, but she could still get some development through further bonding with Dragonite. I think Charizard and Ash would be some sort of inspiration for her. Bu after BW? I think she's staying in Unova. The writers won't pull another Misty and take her to France(?). I think we'll have a new female MC again

I know that but thanks for telling me anyway *sarcasm*

FierceIris

Dragon Master
Yeah, she'll most likely leave after BW's over. However, I'm not sure that she'll become a Gym Leader straight away, it's more likely that she'll become Drayden's apprentice. She did seemr rather hesitant about the offer, after all.

I would definitely like it if Iris stayed, but the chances for that happening are slim. The writers made it very clear in the episode where she fought Drayden that she wasn't going to.

Before she leaves I'd love for her to catch another Dragon-type, preferably a Trapinch.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Let Cilan get a capture to make them even and leave it at that. .
TBH, Dento doesn't really "need" anymore Pokemon. His goal is very ambiguous and nothing about it suggest he'd need a sizable amount of Pokemon, not to mention most of his battles can be solved easily by use of Iwaperesu or Yanappu and Cabernet isn't a threat in the slightest. Iris on the other hand to achieve her goal of wanting to be a Dragon Master needs to catch more Dragons and form a bond with them. This works as a method of killing two birds with one stone since if she is indeed on mend to becoming the Souryuu Gym Leader she'll have three Drgons to use against challengers. Of course the writers could also have her use her Doryuzu if they wanted, does have the "Ryu" in his name. Let's not forget Iris' rival, Langley, actually wants to bust more Dragons and she'd be happy to see Iris with more Dragon Pokemon and it would add a little bit more fire to her team.

I'll just gonna take a wild guess and say Emonga has the Dragon Type Hidden Power.

sflytal

I can't stand Iris. I hate how they rebooted not only Pikachu at the begging of Best Wishes but also Ash by bringing in this girl who keeps calling him a kid. In the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl arcs they establish that Ash is a well known and respected trainer. Granted Unova is a great distance away but the fact is he has a great deal of experience under his belt. She just irritates me. I'll be glad when she's gone.

pokemon fan 132

Gaining a Pokemon's trust doesn't mean you're its OT thats ********. It's a Gym Pokemon and Misty is a Gym Leader end-of-story. She has a bond with Gyarados thats why she uses it outside of the Gym plus shes the Leader she can do whatever she wants. Misty could do a lot of things but since she's likely to not appear again she could of been eaten by man eating sharks for all we know.

And i was only pointing out how just because Gyarados used to be gym pokemon doesn't mean it still belongs to gym with canon treating it clearly as Misty's.
Otherwise if we are going to count only captured pokemon as ones which belong to someone, than same logic could be applied to Dawn Togekiss, Brock Onix etc. Or all befriended pokemon others acquired on travels.
There are plenty other gym pokemon but we don't see Misty taking them with her outside the gym, nor she use them.

However with Gyarados its another story only listening to Misty and being taken with her outside of it, therefore its safe to say how it can be viewed as her pokemon since from moment she befriended it it choose to be solely under her custody.

Either way im done from my part talking about this, only deciding to give my 2 cents and why i don't agree with some of things said regarding this subject,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on topic i have to agree with HGH about Iris getting at least one more dragon type. After all from aspiring trainer which strive to become dragon master and came in consideration of being offered position of Opelucid gym leader which mainly use dragon types, its to expect that she has slightly bigger variety of dragon pokemon unlike its case now.

Somehow with current team she only has two pokemon of dragon type with one still being baby and relatively unusable.

And somehow i doubt anything is going to be done with Axew at this point ending as wasted potential. Which is real shame, because he was portrayed as catalyst and main vector through which Iris development supposed to happen. Since main reason behind being sent to journey was to establish bond with baby dragon making it evolve with Dragonite taking over main role now.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Hopefully Iris will finish her run like May and Dawn did. The anime needs fresh blood! and this gym leader story is overDone.

I believe she will be stunned by the Dragon story and start train to capture the Dragons. Iris really had a chance to be good character but the writers ruined her and her pokes.( In my opinion)

I hope she will get a good cameo in BW2 outfit !

If she stays they need to downgrade her character a lot! And step back a lot and develop her story bit more not give her couple of eps every 50 eps. She isn't Misty and will never be!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Axew seems to be a lost cause. If the writers wanted to use the thing, they probably would have by now.

That's still no excuse for them not to atleast try since from Opelucid City up until now.

As for Iris, I think she catches a full team before leaving. I mean Dawn had 7 pokemon in DP (1 released) so wynaut?

You're expecting Iris to catch three two more pokemon and have proper development before she leaves? I hope that's not a joke.

First of all this was between me and HGH so you don't really need to stick in your nose when its not needed. Azurill still doesn't count as I pointed out before it is a Normal Pokemon. We can't judge anything based on IF Misty returns blah blah blah. We can only judge on what we have seen so far its likely she might never even return. Gaining a Pokemon's trust doesn't mean you're its OT thats ********. It's a Gym Pokemon and Misty is a Gym Leader end-of-story. She has a bond with Gyarados thats why she uses it outside of the Gym plus shes the Leader she can do whatever she wants. Misty could do a lot of things but since she's likely to not appear again she could of been eaten by man eating sharks for all we know.

>_< And so it starts again in another Iris thread.

I think Charizard and Ash would be some sort of inspiration for her.

I have to disagree on this. I don't think Charizard or any of Ash's pokemon other than Gible should have anything to do with whether she starts to treat Ash better or not.

I can't stand Iris. I hate how they rebooted not only Pikachu at the begging of Best Wishes but also Ash by bringing in this girl who keeps calling him a kid. In the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl arcs they establish that Ash is a well known and respected trainer. Granted Unova is a great distance away but the fact is he has a great deal of experience under his belt. She just irritates me. I'll be glad when she's gone.

Easy Sflytal if you would just ignore her or treate her as a backwall(which she almost is) then it won't be too bad to finish the rest of the series since this is about much more than her and some stupid pun that isn't really needed for anything anymore.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Yeah, she'll most likely leave after BW's over. However, I'm not sure that she'll become a Gym Leader straight away, it's more likely that she'll become Drayden's apprentice. She did seemr rather hesitant about the offer, after all.

I would definitely like it if Iris stayed, but the chances for that happening are slim. The writers made it very clear in the episode where she fought Drayden that she wasn't going to.

Before she leaves I'd love for her to catch another Dragon-type, preferably a Trapinch.

See, I'd like her last episode to have Axew finally evolve but only if they do it right and not just a get Iris out of a spot type like it normally does.
Axew needs some thing before she leaves, she hardly uses it poor thing. Yes, I don't see Iris wanting to go to a Pairis type place and I think the writers have decided to keep replacing girls every new series and I know this isn't the thread to say this but I hope the new girl is like May or Dawn where Ash is kind of like a mentor to her.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
A thing I would wish to happen till Iris is on the cast is Shountal to appear as Iris sister ( I KNOW THERE ARE NO INDICATIONS THEY ARE RELATIVES) but I could imagine a funny ep with elegant Shountal and tomboyISH Iris!

and I mean we need the rest of the E4 to appear!

Status
Not open for further replies.