• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future of Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucille

Blessed

She ain't staying so I don't know why this is being asked. You should have known from the getgo that she was gonna be replaced.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I think Iris is going to become the gym leader of Opelucid City and they'll more likely find Ash another female traveling companion.

I guess we'll see what happens.

She'll sadly leave when this generation ends, which is in roughly 8-9 months. The only thing I can do is continue to support Iris for these remaining months, and hope the writers continue giving her development, as well as a great final team.

I'm sort of getting worried because none of the current revealed episodes are focusing on her and she's running out of time. If the next two revealed episodes don't focus on her in a meaningful way, then I'm gonna enter panic mode.

I hope the writers aren't gonna ignore the sidekicks now in favor of Plasma.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
it has fins not wings so its not going to "fly"

It would most likely glide like Cilan's Stunfisk.

For me Iris is being written out of the show after Unova is over with, which I'm perfectly okay with. Though I do think she should get at least one more Dragon, Horsea and evolving into Kingdra would be great since she would have one air Dragon, one Water Dragon, and one land Dragon. Not like it matters since Misty's didn't do ****.

Once Episode N is over.(Hopefully she'll have her third Poke by then) she'll probably get a match against Georgia where she loses then a rematch later and win. Then she'll later on rematch Drayden and win.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
She'll sadly leave when this generation ends, which is in roughly 8-9 months. The only thing I can do is continue to support Iris for these remaining months, and hope the writers continue giving her development, as well as a great final team.

I'm sort of getting worried because none of the current revealed episodes are focusing on her and she's running out of time. If the next two revealed episodes don't focus on her in a meaningful way, then I'm gonna enter panic mode.

I hope the writers aren't gonna ignore the sidekicks now in favor of Plasma.

Don't worry about her Haters its a fictional character.

Its to be expected, the new arc is being itroduced and the new arc is about TP, she will eventually get some episodes but she just got a lot of them from BW2 start to the league.

Their main focus is TP and wtv new competition we hopefully will have, Iris story is wrapped up, now its just a matter of continuing traveling till she leaves, probably get 1 more pokemon and hopefully evolve Axew.

I'm more worried about Dent, I hope they give him a little Sommelier competition arc like Iris got, obviously people would complain like they did with Iris because he would be "taking time" from Satoshi.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'm more worried about Dent, I hope they give him a little Sommelier competition arc like Iris got, obviously people would complain like they did with Iris because he would be "taking time" from Satoshi.

Are you sure about that?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Are you sure about that?

About what? people complaining if they give Dent an episode? you complain if he does his gag for 30 secs saying he took the episode from Satoshi.

If you are talking about the arc, yes I would like to see a Sommelier convention of sorts where Dent could try to improve his rank(if it works that way) or a simple competition, they can include battling in it not just evaluating, the battles could show the Sommelier "bond" with his own pokemon(and Stunfisk would get a win again hopefully :D).

Anyway I guess I'm going off-topic talking about Dent in an Iris thread it wasn't intended sorry but didn't we have this thread like 3 times already?

A.F.M

Banned
She will become a gym leader/Shaga's apprentice, I think. I hope in the next gen the female companion collects badges alongside Ash but I won't hold my breath lol.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
About what? people complaining if they give Dent an episode? you complain if he does his gag for 30 secs saying he took the episode from Satoshi.

Yeah, I do. But haven't you noticed that Iris gets bashed practically for breathing, while everything Cilan does is funny?

My point is, Cilan is popular enough that he wouldn't be criticized like Iris for having his own arc.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yeah, I do. But haven't you noticed that Iris gets bashed practically for breathing, while everything Cilan does is funny?

My point is, Cilan is popular enough that he wouldn't be criticized like Iris for having his own arc.

Not really, Dent gets a lot more, because you guys jump on him on every occasion, specially you, plus he hasn't been doing much, every time we have seen a Dent episode latelly, its 30 pages of bashing him and in most of his episode, unlike what haters say he is the one getting the time taken from him not him taking time from others, all or most his episodes, Satoshi and Iris usaully do stuff in supposedly Dent related episode, while the same doesn't help for him, he really is the one getting less atention.

He would, Iris critics didn't bash the situations because it was Iris, they bashed it because it was close to the league and they wanted to see boring training episodes for Satoshi, even though we know Opelucid city was close to the league and Iris would get episode there, oh and butthurt Hikari/Togekiss fans who think Dragonite was badly done when it really wasn't unlike the Togekiss situation.

There are Iris haters, just like there are Dent haters.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

So much truth tea was spilled here. It's so sad that Iris gets attacked, both when she fails at something and when she succeeds. The only other trainer who gets that sort of reaction is Ash, but for good reason. I mean the guy will make rookie mistakes one day and then pull out a victory out of nowhere the next day. He's very inconsistent so any complaints about his character are valid. Iris on the other hand is really consistent. She's also refreshing and even funny sometimes. She doesn't have to take the spotlight just to be noticed; she's naturally interesting because she has a fascinating backstory. She's a good character all around because she's balanced.

As for her future, I really want her to stay. I mean if Misty got to stay for Kanto, the Orange Islands and Johto, why can't Iris stick around in the next region? She still has a long way to go in order to accomplish her goals, unlike Cilan who was portrayed as being perfect the moment he was introduced and doesn't have to work hard to accomplish his goal. I think Iris deserves more time to prove herself.

So much truth tea was spilled here. It's so sad that Iris gets attacked, both when she fails at something and when she succeeds. The only other trainer who gets that sort of reaction is Ash, but for good reason. I mean the guy will make rookie mistakes one day and then pull out a victory out of nowhere the next day. He's very inconsistent so any complaints about his character are valid. Iris on the other hand is really consistent. She's also refreshing and even funny sometimes. She doesn't have to take the spotlight just to be noticed; she's naturally interesting because she has a fascinating backstory. She's a good character all around because she's balanced.

As for her future, I really want her to stay. I mean if Misty got to stay for Kanto, the Orange Islands and Johto, why can't Iris stick around in the next region? She still has a long way to go in order to accomplish her goals, unlike Cilan who was portrayed as being perfect the moment he was introduced and doesn't have to work hard to accomplish his goal. I think Iris deserves more time to prove herself.

I don't understand the criticism Iris gets either because I do agree that she is a better character and more developed character than Cilan is by far. Cilan to me is overrated. I just don't get the hype around him. He is not the most entertaining character the show has ever had and his humor doesn't do it for me.

ChampionRed

Iris will become the 8th Gym leader. When Unova is over with she will be replaced and Cilan is the most likely character to stay with Ash for a few more regions but not as much as Brock had.

I hope Cilan will travel with Ash for a few more regions for a while! xD

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
He would, Iris critics didn't bash the situations because it was Iris, they bashed it because it was close to the league and they wanted to see boring training episodes for Satoshi, even though we know Opelucid city was close to the league and Iris would get episode there

Not trying to criticize you, but you missed a big part of why people were whining about that - people were actually saying 'Iris is stealing Drayden from Ash, she has no right to fight him when Ash had to fight Roxie.'

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Not trying to criticize you, but you missed a big part of why people were whining about that - people were actually saying 'Iris is stealing Drayden from Ash, she has no right to fight him when Ash had to fight Roxie.'

I think that hapened later but yeah, like I said I aknowledge there are haters on both sides in my post, I didn't miss anything I believe.

I passed the entire region defending both characters from their haters.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
She'll probably stay as Drayden's apprentice. Then a few years from now she returns, wearing her champion outfit. She tells Ash that she became the Unova champion.

She'll probably stay as Drayden's apprentice. Then a few years from now she returns, wearing her champion outfit. She tells Ash that she became the Unova champion.

I really can't see the anime Iris beating Alder until at least a decade from now. Maybe when the Pokémon anime ends, they will have an epilogue and show where the characters will all be in 20 years from now and then we see Iris as Champion.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I really can't see the anime Iris beating Alder until at least a decade from now. Maybe when the Pokémon anime ends, they will have an epilogue and show where the characters will all be in 20 years from now and then we see Iris as Champion.
that is probably,what will happen at the end. Anyways I hope iris stays for gen 6 like misty did for gen 2 but,my better judgment says she will be drayden's successor and leave the group after episode n.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
She'll leave at the end of the saga to train to become the Opelucid Gym Leader. I definitely don't see her becoming champion yet though. That would be much faster development than Ash has gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.