• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future of Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why? At least if Gible stays with Ash we'll still see it eventually in league battle or what not. If it went to Iris we wouldn't see it once she leaves the show.

That's assuming that Ash would use Gible in a major battle again, which might not happen. He could easily turn into the next Muk/Kingler/Glalie. At least with Iris we would see it in action a bit more and even in the next generation when Iris returns for her own mini-arc like Misty, May, and Dawn did before her. I just see it as recycling, which in this case is a good thing since Ash has way too many Pokemon and very little time to focus on each of them. And Iris is trying to become a Dragon Master, so it fits.

LizardonX

Banned
Ash shouldn't give away any of his Pokemon to Iris OR Cilan. Period. I'm willing to bet people would be even more annoyed if Ash gave away something like Bulbasaur to Cilan. Let Iris and Cilan catch their OWN Pokemon.

Actually that would be awesome, Cilan deserves to have bulbasaur :p

LizardonX

Banned
...are you trolling on purpose? Or are you just usually a troll

Hey Cilan is perfectly Qualified to train bulbasaur! Did you see anyone complaining when Ash gave away his Primape and Charizard to obviously more skilled people? It's not like Ash will ever use it or be in a case where Sceptile or Torterra couldn't handle it better.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Hey Cilan is perfectly Qualified to train bulbasaur! Did you see anyone complaining when Ash gave away his Primape and Charizard to obviously more skilled people? It's not like Ash will ever use it or be in a case where Sceptile or Torterra couldn't handle it better.

The difference between that and giving it to a traveling partner, is the simple fact that pokemon like Charizard come back to Ash, because these people are assisting him with training Pokemon.

Giving a pokemon to Cilan or Iris is basically saying good-bye forever.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
That's assuming that Ash would use Gible in a major battle again, which might not happen. He could easily turn into the next Muk/Kingler/Glalie. At least with Iris we would see it in action a bit more and even in the next generation when Iris returns for her own mini-arc like Misty, May, and Dawn did before her. I just see it as recycling, which in this case is a good thing since Ash has way too many Pokemon and very little time to focus on each of them. And Iris is trying to become a Dragon Master, so it fits.
giving gible to iris is a bad idea only becasue of how long it took ash to teach it draco meteor. And what's wrong with having a lot od,pokemon it's not he is,scrapping his whole unova tean for his reserves. And for iris to become a dragon master I would think she would need to CATCH HER OWN DRAGON TYPES. Not get it from someone else.

harryheart

Lol funny thing about that is no one ever ages in this show

Except the do mention years now... Dawn mentioned about the Wallace cup being held every year! And considering we had one (presumably in Pokemon land 1 year ago) then I can see them referring to years but not age...

I remember suggesting that Ash should give Gible to Iris, but I'm over that idea now.

And for iris to become a dragon master I would think she would need to CATCH HER OWN DRAGON TYPES. Not get it from someone else.

I agree, she should catch her own. If the writers want her with a Gible, then she can catch her own and then everyone can ship Ash's Gible with it.

Lucille

He never gave those Pokemon away. Technically they are in training and they're still owned and usuable by Ash. Why would Ash give Bulbasaur who besides Pikachu is the oldest team member he has. Bulbasaur can always do a job that Sceptile or Torterra can't because he's a small powerful Pokemon. Just look at his last battle against Brandon. Why would Ash give him away. Stop trolling

BlueDragonfangirl

So what if Ash hardly uses, yes its sad but at least maybe we'd see again a few times and maybe even get fights in at the league, if it goes with Iris we might not see it at all and shey'll leave never to be seen again like all the other girls of the past generation series. When was the last time we saw May or Misty since the last cameos they had?

Janovy

Banned
I could see Iris staying with Ash & Cilan for the 6 Generation region and still be traveling since here goal is to become a Dragon Master.
Another option would be Iris becoming a gym leader and continuing to work towards becoming a Dragon Master.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Another option would be Iris becoming a gym leader and continuing to work towards becoming a Dragon Master.

Lol exactly her gym is dragon based(if she taks over) so she will work towards her goal since she will have to keep training her dragons.

Are she could still travel aswell to train to become a Dragon master.

which is unlikely since Drayden offered her an opertunity to become a gym leader alongside him.

iGotNoiPad

The only future I see with Iris is that she leave Ash to travel to a different region so that she can train up to be a dragon master and then become a gym leader.Honestly, I don't see Iris as a gym leader yet.I don't think she is strong enough to be a gym leader.The next possible think I can see for her is if Drayden train her to become a gym leader.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yeah, I do. But haven't you noticed that Iris gets bashed practically for breathing, while everything Cilan does is funny?

My point is, Cilan is popular enough that he wouldn't be criticized like Iris for having his own arc.

@Butler, both characters have fans and haters just like any other character. But people really should learn not to bring Cilan in Iris threads and Iris in Cilan threads because that only makes the posts become harsh and uncomfortable. I mean there is no reason for anyone to gets so bent out of shape about any character leaving the show after all these years. It will happen sooner or later. But this topic is about Iris's future not whether if she will leave or not.

I believe hopefully she will become the gymleader. It will be a better path to champion that way than doing it by giving Iris a bunch or DEM pokemon and sending her off.

Don't forget people were claiming Iris ruined Dawn's character and Iris cheering for Ash in the 8th gym was OOC and she didn't really care about cheering for him, just beating the rockers in a cheer contest and so she could avoid the Opelucid Gym.

Dawn's character wasn't ruined. It's just that I had found it strange since I've never seen Dawn really act like that on her own before that's all.

Actually that would be awesome, Cilan deserves to have bulbasaur :p

May had already got a Bulbasaur. Out of all the grass type pokemon in the PokeWorld, you think another Bulbasaur would be wise?

Haven't we already had a few threadsabout the "future's of Iris and Cilan"? This is like the 3rd one...

Yeah and yet we keep playing right into their trap.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
May got a Bulbasaur, so out of all the grass type pokemon in the pokeWorld, you think another Bulbasaur would be wise?

It's the same Bulbasaur. It's not like Ash really needs him anymore considering he never used it after brandon. I mean look

Squirtle-Saving People from fires
Charizard- Heavy training day in and day out
BUlbasaur- Sits on his tush all day at the lab...

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's the same Bulbasaur. It's not like Ash really needs him anymore considering he never used it after brandon. I mean look

But Bulbasaur is still Ash's no matter how many other pokemon he has. Cilan can catch a pokemon of his own. No need to have kanto extremist on our hands due to the fact that his kanto team is still popular.

Lucille

It's still his Pokemon though... His oldest member at that. Why the **** would he give him away. If Cilan caught a wild Bulbasaur I wouldn't care but Ash will never give his away. You're crazy if you honestly think that

Status
Not open for further replies.