• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Platinum In-Game Team, starring an Everstone Piplup

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hiya guys. This is going to be my Platinum run, and the theme of it, or MVP, will be a never evolving Piplup w/ Everstone.

Now, here's the team

393.png

Piplup @ Everstone
Abilities: Torrent
Nature: Bold
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Hydro Pump

Piplup is the MVP of the team. It is cute and I don't feel like evolving it, so that's why I chose the Everstone so it prevents evolution. Anyways, Ice Beam handles Grass types and Flying types, while Grass Knot beats heavy ground types and non-ground type heavy mons. Surf is the move for HM, and is much more reliable. Hydro Pump packs the heavy pump Piplup needs to beat tougher opponents, though lower accuracy can hurt sometimes.

405.png

Luxray @ Magnet
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Docile
- Crunch
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Secret Power

Luxray has the unfortunate curse of not having Wild Charge in Gen 4. Oh well, it still has good Special Attack, making it a plausible attacker from both sides of the spectrum. Charge Beam & Discharge have nifty side effects. Crunch can lower defense, awesome. Secret Power is a fun move, and have random nifty side effects, and sort of filler move.

78.png

Rapidash @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: ---
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Bounce

Rapidash works well as a physical sweeper. With 4 different type combinations, Rapidash can beat many Pokemon. Flare Blitz obliterates Grass/Bug types, while Megahorn kills Lucian. Bounce handles flying types pretty well, to dodge a move and sometimes have a nifty paralysis chance. Lastly, Poison Jab finishes off the combo, placing poison on harder-to-take-down mons.

455.png

Carnivine @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
- Power Whip
- Crunch
- Wring Out
- Sludge Bomb

Carnivine is a great, yet underrated Pokemon. The strategy, since Carnivine's 90 special attack is far from little, is to start with Wring Out, doing maximum damage. Crunch has a nice little defense drop. Power Whip is STAB, while Sludge Bomb is a nice way to poison foes.

437.png

Bronzong @ Metal Coal
Ability: Levitate
Nature: --
- Gyro Ball
- Payback
- Earthquake
- Psychic

Bronzong is my defensive pivot. Its Steel/Psychic defensive typing gives it a plenthora of resistances, as well as an extra ground immunity thanks to Levitate. Gyro Ball is the STAB of choice, and can deal huge damage on unresisted hits. Payback hits Psychic type hard, and runs through Lucian effortless. Earthquake beats Fire types. Psychic is filler + STAB.

169.png

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
- Cross Poison
- Steel Wing
- Fly
- Return

Crobat finishes up the team. As my flyer, it knows Fly (duh). It also has good coverage in Cross Poison. Although this is walled by steels, Crobat can safely U-Turn away, as well as hit pesky psychic types. Return, high in power thanks to Crobat's necessity to evolve, is filler, but can hit other poison types better.

So here is my team. Please do not change the Piplup. The rest are all changeable. I only started on the Piplup and Shinx, but the latter can still be changed. So, tips and advices?

Changes
Crobat: Steel Wing > U-Turn

Thanks

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Use Thunderbolt instead of Discharge on Luxray. Ice Fang is also a better alternative to Secret Power.

Ever consider a Calm Mind set on Bronzong? That would help boosts it's mediocre SpA.

Steel Wing instead of U-Turn on Crobat.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Crobat would appreciate Adamant Nature. It already has enough Speed for in-game anyway.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Replace grass knot with earthquake

Piplup can't learn Earthquake o_O

Crobat would appreciate Adamant Nature. It already has enough Speed for in-game anyway.

I'll try and find a Zubat with Adamant. But I'll honestly go for anything, as long as it's nothing horrible like Modest or Timid (lol).

Use Thunderbolt instead of Discharge on Luxray. Ice Fang is also a better alternative to Secret Power.

Ever consider a Calm Mind set on Bronzong? That would help boosts it's mediocre SpA.

Steel Wing instead of U-Turn on Crobat.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to breed Ice Fang onto Shinx. I'll go for Thunderbolt > Discharge, while keep Secret Power, or the other way round: Discharge and Thunderbolt > Secret Power.

I don't really want to run a CM Set on it. It isn't really meant to be a special attacker. Psychic, is just filler. I find it kinda of a waste since IMO, Bronzong's best asset is Gyro Ball and Payback.

Steel Wing > U-Turn...? Sure :3

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Piplup
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Toxic/Stealth Rock Sets up status

Don't put thunderbolt on Luxray
Discharge is better since it has more of a chance to cause paralysis.
^That will give you some time to return.

Luxray@Choice Band
-Discharge
-Crunch
-Return
-Ice Fang
^This will be your Physical Sweeper.
Unless you want a mixed sweeper like sensei suggested

Carnivine@Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Stuns Spore
-Power Whip
-Crunch

Give Crobat Aerial Ace after your done using fly for in game use.

Bronzong@Leftovers
-Trick Room
-Earthquake
-Hypnosis
-Gyro Ball
^He will be the support

Sorry I thought it was empoleon my bad lol

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Piplup
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Toxic/Stealth Rock Sets up status

Don't put thunderbolt on Luxray
Discharge is better since it has more of a chance to cause paralysis.
^That will give you some time to return.

Luxray@Choice Band
-Discharge
-Crunch
-Return
-Ice Fang
^This will be your Physical Sweeper.
Unless you want a mixed sweeper like sensei suggested

Carnivine@Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Stuns Spore
-Power Whip
-Crunch

Give Crobat Aerial Ace after your done using fly for in game use.

Bronzong@Leftovers
-Trick Room
-Earthquake
-Hypnosis
-Gyro Ball
^He will be the support

Sorry I thought it was empoleon my bad lol

Piplup dosen't get Earthquake >.>

Why TR ingame? It dosen't really help with Crobat and some others.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
^Becayse it's most efficient to win the game? -_- lol sometimes I wonder.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ However the OP has stated he wants to use Gyro Ball and Payback; therefore TR has no purpose.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I put out the suggestion because I see its worked for a lot of people in game and out. Not all the CPUs are bad actually.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I put out the suggestion because I see its worked for a lot of people in game and out. Not all the CPUs are bad actually.

It worked for a lot of people because their team are built for it. It's a whole different case if the user wants to be slow.