• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Future Pokémon hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Future Pokémon hints?

Hey, so basically this is about Pokémon references that were made before the actual Pokémons release.

In the 1st generation games one of the NPC's made reference to a "Pink Pokémon with floral patterns." And 4 generations later Munna was revealed which fits with that description perfectly.

Anyway today I was watching AG:009 - Taming of the Shroomish and during a part where Team Rocket are attacked by Shroomish Jessie says "There's a fungus" and James finishes with "and there among us." It sounded a lot like Foongus/amoongus with the pronunciation as well. Anyway what do you think? Was this coincidence? Have you ever come across any possible hints in the anime? Post away!

Munna- Coincidence. I don't think it would be a reference to a pokemon they would make over 10 years into the future.

Foongus/Amoongus- One of Team Rocket's dumb jokes/wordplay.

I think the whole munna things just a coincidence and I don't think the fungus/foongus thing was a reference, but still a good observation. And I don't know maybe there are references to future pokemon that we don't even know about.

I'm not sure about the Munna, but the Foongus/Amoongus thing is just a rhyme...

Torpoleon

Yeah, I'd say they're both coincidences. Actually, with Munna maybe it was planned for Generation II, like how Shellos & Gastrodon were planned for Generation III. Like I said, though, it probably is just a coincidence. Game Freak probably wouldn't think several generations ahead (though they probably think of ideas for the next generation).

DMerle

Guess who's back
It probably was just coincidence with the "foongus/amoongus" thing. The weird part was they pronounced the words exactly like the Pokémons names are, instead of the correct way.

Earthia100

I don't think that they had Munna planned, but I think that GameFreak did some digging and thought that a "Pink Pokemon with floral patterns" would be a nice little surprise to some of the veteran Pokemon fans for gen VI

Blitz Lucario

For all we know they could be working on Generation VI right now and planning some sort of hint towards the end of the Best Wishes series.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Also in the Zorua movie that reporter guy had a Woobat on his cap. I'm not sure if Woobat had been revealed at that point or not though.

Aegon

For all we know they could be working on Generation VI right now and planning some sort of hint towards the end of the Best Wishes series.
It's quite safe to say that Game Freak are working on the next generation.

Also in the Zorua movie that reporter guy had a Woobat on his cap. I'm not sure if Woobat had been revealed at that point or not though.
Woobat was fully revealed one day after M13's release.

rohit_1997

Wait,what!?
The possibility of writers getting the idea of making a Pokemon around 10 years after rehearing these phrases is too damn high!It's possible that the writers got this idea of making up these Pokemon "after" rehearing these phrases and not having prepared a hint 10 years in advance.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Hey, so basically this is about Pokémon references that were made before the actual Pokémons release.

In the 1st generation games one of the NPC's made reference to a "Pink Pokémon with floral patterns." And 4 generations later Munna was revealed which fits with that description perfectly.

Anyway today I was watching AG:009 - Taming of the Shroomish and during a part where Team Rocket are attacked by Shroomish Jessie says "There's a fungus" and James finishes with "and there among us." It sounded a lot like Foongus/amoongus with the pronunciation as well. Anyway what do you think? Was this coincidence? Have you ever come across any possible hints in the anime? Post away!

Both were just coincidence and nothing more.

Ho-oh was seen before gold/silver were released.

Means nothing since Gold and Sliver was in development when the animé first aired.

It was just showcase the idea that there are more Pokémon beyond the 151 known pokémon at the time, a pretty clever marketing poly if you ask me.

blackterminator3

This would have to be a hint of Johto games coming back when Jasmin came back for one episode in Sinnoh League Victors.

Fincap

They can't have started working on Gen VI yet. Every generation since III has had a remake and I think that RS remakes would be the best.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
They can't have started working on Gen VI yet. Every generation since III has had a remake and I think that RS remakes would be the best.

Yes, and every generation before gen III had no remakes. They could very easily go back to that.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The only real connection this topic has with the anime is a TR rhyme(that's pretty obviously coincidential) & Carl's hat(which was released at a time when the Gen 5 Pokemon would have been pretty far along in the design process). All the game-related talk belongs somewhere else.

*closing*

Status
Not open for further replies.